View Full Version : Help with 250x wiring/cdi problem

JP400ex
06-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I just purchased a 250x that has a sparks modified CDI on it and I want to put a stock CDI on. I purchased a brand new stock CDI box and i don't get spark.... Here is the problem.. I don't think the sparks modified cdi is for a 250x, I think someone figured out the right pin-out and changed the wires around on the 2 plugs that plug into the cdi to make it work ...

Therefore its not working with the stock cdi anymore. And i have tried the new stocker i got on a stock bike and it works fine.

Can someone tell me the order the color of the wires go in when you are looking at the CDI with the plugs at the top?

Example:
| |
| | GR=Gray
| | GW=Green/White
| | BY=Blue/Yellow
| | Bl/Y=Black/Yellow
| | B/W=Black/White
| | B/R =Black/Red
|__________________|

JP400ex
06-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Here,,, maybe this will help detail what mine looks like currently. This is a pic of the wiring hooked to the new cdi box. I think my problem is that these wires have been changed around in their plugs and are in the wrong order. If someone could take a look at theirs it would be a huge help.

Thanks!!!

http://parsons.dynu.com/250x/IMG_1068.jpg

dork
06-04-2007, 09:03 AM
they used to use 350x cdi's on the 250x because they don't have a rev limiter. to make it work you had to swap the position of the wires in the 2 wire plug, thats probably whats going on with yours. try reversing those wires and see if it starts.

JP400ex
06-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Yup... that worked! Still a pain in the @$$ to start this thing though... It just doesn't seem to have a very bright spark. Thinking about replacing the ign coil next.