PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my R!

312R1
06-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Well I'm thinking about selling it...What do you think it's worth? If your interested shoot me an offer.

Here is a low down.

Chasis:
Frontline frame
Frontline +3 a arams
Front steering stem
Frontline swingarm (88-89 length)
LSR axle
LSR antifade lock nut
Aftermarket front hubs..forgot the brand
Champion bead locks rear
Douglas fronts with JL rings

Brakes:
OEM calipers fron and rear
450r OEM front master OEM rear master
New Galfer wave rotors front and rear Galfer lines front and rear
Nacs brake line clamps
Hinson rear brake pedal

Suspension:
TCS zps L/T fronts
TCS zps rear

Engine:
The lower is brandnew..with NEW OEM cases and crank.
Hinson clutch basket
Hinson Clutch cover
Duncan PC2000 265cc only has 3 hours on new piston
Duncan pyramid reed cage
Keihin 36mm crab from Duncan
Paul Turner midrange pipe
Fat Boy 2 silencer

Plastic:
Front OEM race cut
Rear OEM race cut.

This is most of the parts I'm sure I have left some things out.

All parts are six months old or newer..If you do a search you will find my post The rebuild has begun.

312R1
06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
The other side.

csr250r
06-03-2007, 07:14 PM
umm maybe 3800-4200 im geussing im not to sure bout aftermarket frames tho

312R1
06-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
umm maybe 3800-4200 im geussing im not to sure bout aftermarket frames tho

:huh

I have more then that in just the engine and suspension...This is a BRAND NEW Race Ready 250R.

250Renvy
06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Why?

Probably $7500 - $8000

312R1
06-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Why?

Probably $7500 - $8000

It's not set in stone that I will sale it..Just trying to figure out what I could get out of it...The offer would have to be pretty high for me to sale it, but anywho..I want to pay off some bills so I could buy a house. The wife and I are tired of our town house.;)

my88r
06-03-2007, 07:47 PM
i would think atleast 10-12 ,000

400exrider989
06-03-2007, 08:41 PM
hmhm in your rebuild thread it says that you well never sell this R i believe

please tell me if i am wrong

but i would say 9-12 would be FAIR price

312R1
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider989
hmhm in your rebuild thread it says that you well never sell this R i believe

please tell me if i am wrong

but i would say 9-12 would be FAIR price

Yeah I did say that..Like I said I will only sale if the offer is right. If I do sale I will build another.;)

LathersR
06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
around 6k around my area

Aceman
06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
You're dreaming if you think you'll ever get the money back out of it that you put in it. If it was me, I'd hold onto it and find another way to come up with the money. You might get around 6k with the right buyer, but if you expect more than that if had better be a full Laeger, Roll, Walsh, etc. Even then it still seems like sellers have a hard time fetching more than that.

racerx573
06-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Good luck trying to get more than 5 for it. I have a full Laeger Pro Trax with T-pin, CR500 link, 265 PV, full Hinson 8 plate clutch, and just about every other advantage money can buy, and the best offer I got was 6500.. I just decided to keep it. You should do the same. You built it, it's your creation, your pride and joy. It will run with any 450 any day of the week. It all comes down to rider, if you are thinking you're at a disadvantage.

korniev
06-04-2007, 07:05 AM
It will cost me around 2000 to ship the thing to my country, so maximum I would pay for that thing is 7000-7500

robyone
06-04-2007, 11:51 AM
The only way to get a decent return is to part it out...how much for the frame? :p

chris46250r
06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Some of these low offers just crack me up. If the tables were turned some of these people would get down right nasty with you if you low balled them and they owned this 4-wheeler. Considering you say you will build another, I'd just keep this one. Things will only be higher and harder to find for the next one and if it didnt turn out as nice as this one you'll be kicking your own ***** everyday. That is one nice looking 4-wheeler, good job man.

CRich[814]
06-04-2007, 02:59 PM
thats so dumb. such a nice R. deffinitly one of the best. and you want to sell it? i think you could get more than you think for it.

korniev
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Well when people say 3800 it sounds ridiculous but 7000-7500 is a decent price I think.
I have to admit if I were you, I would NOT sell at all!!

csr250r
06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Aftermarket dont mean a thing unless u find the right buyer... especially on a 250r now that thumpers are taking over.

csr250r
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Aftermarket dont mean a thing unless u find the right buyer... especially on a 250r now that thumpers are taking over.

Aceman
06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Some of these low offers just crack me up. If the tables were turned some of these people would get down right nasty with you if you low balled them and they owned this 4-wheeler.

I didn't see anyone making offers aside from Korniev. He asked what we thought it was worth, I see no lowballers.:o I'll tell you what Chris, why don't you buy his quad for the 8-9k you think it's probably worth, I know there are people willing to sell similar R's for cheaper than that. It's not only with ATV's, if you trick something out, you know damn well you're not going to get full retail value of every part you installed.

Scott-300ex
06-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Theres no way you will ever get out of it wut you put into it, unless you find some real rich dude that wants it and 10g's is just thrown around his room like its nothin.

If you got half out of it of wut you put into it you should be happy.

I'd say no higher than $6500 at all, and thats after winning race after race and them knowing it.

Its worth a lot yeh but people won't pay for wut it is worth.

312R1
06-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Alright guy's..I didn't post this thread to start a pissing contest. I started it to get an IDEA of what I could get out of it IF I did deside to sale it...Which I'm not going to unless someone offered around $10,000 even then I don't think I would. I talked to the wife and she said that she won't let me sale it because of the reason I built in in the first place...I built it because my dad helped me build my last one which we ended up selling due to the fact I couldn't race anymore at that time. So I built this one for
something to remember him by..If you understand what I mean?

-Steve

AtvMxRider
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
So I built this one for

-Steve

So thats the perfect reason not to sell it:macho

312R1
06-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
So thats the perfect reason not to sell it:macho

;)

chris46250r
06-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I didn't see anyone making offers aside from Korniev. He asked what we thought it was worth, I see no lowballers.:o I'll tell you what Chris, why don't you buy his quad for the 8-9k you think it's probably worth, I know there are people willing to sell similar R's for cheaper than that. It's not only with ATV's, if you trick something out, you know damn well you're not going to get full retail value of every part you installed.

I dont recall ever mentioning full retail so quit pulling crap out of your hindend. You said he might get 6 if he is lucky? Tell the people you know that have similar R's for cheaper than that to call me.

Aceman
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I dont recall ever mentioning full retail so quit pulling crap out of your hindend. You said he might get 6 if he is lucky? Tell the people you know that have similar R's for cheaper than that to call me.

Did you read racerx573's post?

Chris, if you can't find similar R's for around 6k, you're just not looking hard enough. It's not very often, but it does happen.
I've had enough of this thread, I stated what I thought he'd get for his R, as did everyone else and for some reason Chris got pissed off.:confused:

x.system
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
Alright guy's..I didn't post this thread to start a pissing contest. I started it to get an IDEA of what I could get out of it IF I did deside to sale it...Which I'm not going to unless someone offered around $10,000 even then I don't think I would. I talked to the wife and she said that she won't let me sale it because of the reason I built in in the first place...I built it because my dad helped me build my last one which we ended up selling due to the fact I couldn't race anymore at that time. So I built this one for

-Steve

Definatly a sweet R, glad you got it finished, I was running out of money to buy up your old parts :D I remember way back when you could build a bike to this caliber and turn around and sell it for a profit but not these days. Thats why I buy up all your used parts, if I ever have to sell I won't have to take a huge loss. Its been a buyers market for so long now its sad. Theres no way I would sell it complete and take a loss. I would part it out first if I had to sell it but keep it, you never know what the future holds for these ebikes. If they follow the trike they should increase in value somday, probably when 2 strokes have been forgotten.

Scott-300ex
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Did you read racerx573's post?

Chris, if you can't find similar R's for around 6k, you're just not looking hard enough. It's not very often, but it does happen.
I've had enough of this thread, I stated what I thought he'd get for his R, as did everyone else and for some reason Chris got pissed off.:confused:

Honestly I agree with you, I have the whole time, I've never heard of an R at least lately going for more than 7,000, the most I heard was like 6,500 and this guy won every flatrack, so he was a good rider and the bike was good, that was the most expensive, I've heard.

Back in the day guys would run 10,000-20,000 in their R's and if you spend 20,000 in one you think you'll even get half that if you sell it.

Around here if you get up to 6,000, you'd be lucky.

Mean250r
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
no offense man, I know you have a **** load of money in that quad, but when the people on here are telling you 7K +. There out of there mind. People figure they can pick up a race ready 06 07 YFZ or 450r for the same price, I had well over 10 K invested in my 250r, i sold it for 4500. Racerx who previously posted in this thread, has the t pin full laeger which prob has 15 + in it and he only got offer 6500. Keep your 250r because you are going to lose alot of money. The value of them is gunna go up in a few years i would think as less of them are around due to being parted out etc. Your 250r is so nice. I dont know why you would sell it

312R1
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
no offense man, I know you have a **** load of money in that quad, but when the people on here are telling you 7K +. There out of there mind. People figure they can pick up a race ready 06 07 YFZ or 450r for the same price, I had well over 10 K invested in my 250r, i sold it for 4500. Racerx who previously posted in this thread, has the t pin full laeger which prob has 15 + in it and he only got offer 6500. Keep your 250r because you are going to lose alot of money. The value of them is gunna go up in a few years i would think as less of them are around due to being parted out etc. Your 250r is so nice. I dont know why you would sell it

Yeah I have about $15,000 or so in it now and I've desided to keep it. I found other ways to get cash for the new house.. :D

Thanks for all the replies and for everyone telling me to keep it.;)

-Steve