PDA

View Full Version : pred 50 cutting out on top end...need help

morganriders
06-03-2007, 12:52 PM
My son raced last night and his 50 was cutting out on top end during practice really bad. I put a new plug in it before the 1st heat and it was alittle better but still cuts out on the long straightaways. Before the 2nd heat,I went up on the jets to 110 main/45 pilot,raised the needle one position,and thinned out my premix in the tank(was 32:1) with some straight 104 race fuel(about 6 oz). 2nd heat was better,he grabbed the holeshot by 3-4 lengths but after the 1st turn,it started cutting out again. I need some ideas to check. Here is a list of the mods: cdi from WRH racing,boyesen reeds,exhaust port opened up,silencer opened up but stock pipe,open k&n filter with outerwear,and jetted carb. I have been mixing @ 32:1 also. 2 weeks ago,this was not an issue and I haven't changed anything since then. What could it be? What are the resistor things up front for? Also,when I installed the reeds,I used the rev plates but not the reed stops...should I have used the reed stops? Could the stock clutching be holding it back? I don't know where to start