PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank leaking????Watch for this!!!

woodsZrider
06-03-2007, 06:57 AM
I just noticed that my gas tank is leaking and I was wonding if any1 else had the same problem. They are about 10 people over on kfx450hq that has had the same problem. I think that kawi may have their first problem out of their new bike.....:rolleyes:
Here is a pic of where it is leaking. Everyone I've talked to all said that this is where their bike is leaking too.

feature05
06-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Nope, I haven't had this problem yet, and I've put mine through hell and back.

adrenalinefreak
06-04-2007, 09:53 AM
YES!!!

They have already started a recall on the fuel tanks...my bike is experiencing a completely different problem but since they had it in the shop they checked to see if mine was defective and it was so they are replacing it!!! Definitely get that taken care of because of where the gas leaks down to!! Very Dangerous...

AS for mine, I have no clue what is wrong with it and neither does Kawi. It will start (hard to get it to start) but as soon as you blip the throttle it dies!! The last thing Kawi told the dealership was to ziptie down the front sensor (what? lol)...of course that wasn't the problem...

I'll try and get it posted (updated) on here about what the problem is if they ever figure it out...