PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TC Racing parts

Groves187
06-02-2007, 10:25 PM
So i just bought a TC Racing Shorty full System, A TC Racing Cam, and a TC Racing CDI off of ebay for a prety good price ( At least i thought it was good) I am using my 440 for the track only, No trails. My main question is What kinda gains should i see over the stock cam (not sure on the profile for the TC Racing one i bought) Stock CDI box, and the White Bros Slip on i have now.

Thanks Nick

blasterandy
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
i have only heard of the shorty exhaust from what i have seen and heard they are pretty good. I belive they were a company that did very limited nice engine work and stuff for people who had the money. In other words it was custom stuff rather than mass produced i.e. hot rods and hmf...

TCracin440ex
06-04-2007, 02:16 AM
exactly right....Tom builds good stuff...i had a TC shorty on my old 400ex and the pipe is strictly a mx pipe....it retains stock headpipe, but modified to give some back pressure...a full system is going to give you topend where the TC is going to give you alot of low end grunt....TC is good stuff....the pipe is extremely loud tho...its almost ear ringing loud

ill attach a pic of my 400ex

400exrider707
06-04-2007, 06:10 AM
It was worth it alone for the TC rev box over the POS whitebros. The TC is only one of two rev box's I would buy for a 400ex, as its not a rebadged xr250 box, it is a box specifically for the 400ex.