PDA

View Full Version : Knee surgery acl

Nate Dogg #76
06-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Im having surgery on my right knee soon to repair a torn acl. I injured it about 10 months ago and am finally getting it fixed. This is what I get for casing a double and my foot went through the nurfbar nets and twisted when it the ground. Going to be out of action 3-4 months. So I need some advice and tips on what to look out for from you guys who have had this injury. thanks

DVS_Freestyler
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
I had surgury on my ACL 4 years ago...haven't ridin since :(

Dan

LTR450_#67
06-03-2007, 09:51 AM
I just had surgery on my ACL in my left knee last week Thursday on May 24th and I really wasn't nervous until that morning. The worst thing is laying in the bed for the next day and half. They told me I can't ride for about 6months which is fine with me cuz I don't want to have it tear or stretch it too far. They have me in a brace to keep it straight. I already started therapy on it and am doing some exercises about 2-3 times a day. Sleeping with the brace sucks too. They gave a perscription of Hydrocodone pain pills and they make you sleepy/drowsy. I haven't taken many of those cuz I'm not in that much of pain.

later
Aaron

Nate Dogg #76
06-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks LTR 450. Keep me updated on your recovery. Did you have the cadaver acl or did they harvest one of your own?

esr250r86
06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
how does it feel when you tear your acl? I just hurt my knee bad yesterday in a wreck I had during racing practice. It hurts pretty bad right in my knee like in my knee cap when I walk but I could still walk. Should I get this checked out?

Honda TRX250ex
06-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
how does it feel when you tear your acl? I just hurt my knee bad yesterday in a wreck I had during racing practice. It hurts pretty bad right in my knee like in my knee cap when I walk but I could still walk. Should I get this checked out?
Tearing a ligment in your knee might be the worse pain ever that could happen to your in the knee IMO. I tore one in my knee from a crach a month and a half ago. I could not bend my knee for about 4 weeks. I dout that you tore anything because you can walk on it. But i do recomend getting it checked out. you never know

mat1977
06-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Take care of it as much as you can.I broke my knee cap 2 years ago pretty much was a stubborn idiot about it(skipped rehab,walked on it to early ect.) And let me tell ya it hurts BAD after only a couple hours of riding.IMO rest it now (I know it sucks)but ride w/ less pain later. :macho

LTR450_#67
06-04-2007, 09:29 AM
They told me they could either take it out of the quadricep tendons or the Patella. Righ now I can pretty much walk on it but like I said I am not in no rush to get riding so I don't want to push it.

Yeah when I tore mine, I never felt soo much pain in my life. I almost hiper-ventilated.....by the time I calmed down it didn't hurt as much (adrenaline might have taken over). I could walk on it halfway normal after a week and a half, but I couldn't bend it all the way. I hope I have a full recovery.

Aaron

flht_db
06-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I tore mine in 92, I was on a street bike and was able to walk on it and kept riding all night.

Had it replaced in 93, Patella tendon. 2 days in the hospital then 2 weeks in bed with a machine constantly bending my leg up and back. Don't push to hard coming back. I did to much and caused scar tissue to build up and coudn't straighten my leg. The solution, go back in and scrape the scar tissue.

250r(quadman19)
06-04-2007, 10:03 AM
i tore mine last year and it sucked but youll get threw it. do everything ur doctor tells u! and do ALL of the physical therapy! good luck

Nate Dogg #76
06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
When I first tore mine it was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I fell to the ground and just layed there moaning. My knee immediately started swelling, but I could walk. Believe it or not I raced the second moto an hour later. (dumb thing to do) I went to the doctor the next week and he said it was a torn acl, but I needed to get an MRI to see how it was torn.

vett_09
06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I had my right leg destroyed two summers ago. I was playing basketball at work during lunch. I had my leg extended to the side when a guy went up for the ball and landed on my knee. Tore my ACL in half and had partial damage to my PCL and LCL, meniscus and a broken tibia. I actually finished working the rest of the day and didn't go to the hospital until the next day. I honestly didn't know what I did. If you want to get back to normal, go to physical theropy. I strongly recommned it, if you don't, you'll never be the same. I had the cadaver tendon replacement and was walking without my brace or crutches three days after the surgery. Of course that's just around the house where the area was nice and flat, but you'll be surprise how quickly you'll recover.