PDA

View Full Version : Weird bogging

250xridamatt
06-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I dont know what the deal is with my 450r. Whenever I am riding around my house, its perfectly fine. Once I get to the track, its usually fine for practice, but during my motos it occasionally has a big bog in around 3rd and 4th gear. It isn't every lap, it just seems to happen at random. I actually crashed over a double about a month ago because it bogged, and died in mid air. Any ideas?

Flyin-Low
06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Sounds like yours does the same as mine.. It only happens when I'm REALLY flogging on it or like when I hold it wide open for a long stretch then chop the throttle back to idle it will die and be a b1tch to start again.

-Martin

JJs450r
06-02-2007, 08:28 PM
mine started popping and bogging when my valves went bad

Architects
06-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Mine does the same thing. I'll be hammering on it and shift to the next gear and it will bog and miss terribly. Its really a hit or miss. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

Flyin-Low
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I thought it was my valves at first too, but mine are all in spec. and everything seems fine.. I'm gonna grab a new crush gasket for the header soon though to just try and eliminate possible problems..

--Martin

250xridamatt
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Architects
Mine does the same thing. I'll be hammering on it and shift to the next gear and it will bog and miss terribly. Its really a hit or miss. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

Yes, that is the exact problem I have.

Architects
06-03-2007, 01:34 AM
I almost think its something with jetting but I notice it becoming more and more of a problem:confused: