PDA

View Full Version : 125 chain slap / brake rattle

Louie
06-02-2007, 02:38 PM
When my son lands a jump i can hear the chain slap against the chain guide, also the rear brake mounting bracket seems to rattle a little. Is this an issue to any of you? If so what have you all done to fix this?

God'sGirl.MQ.20
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
The only time we've ever heard her chain slapping is when it was loose. K-fab made a custom chain tighting tool for us. We also switched to a Regina Gold chain. Haven't had any trouble since.

CEOR
07-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Might want to check the rear axle alignment markings on the eccentric adjuster. Might be throwing the chain alignment off at an angle. Also check the front and rear chain buffers, rear might be bent to one side or another. And front might be twisted a bit.
Check masterlink as it passes through both buffers, as it sticks out further on one side of the chain.
Adjust chain tension while rider is on bike.
Check pressure in rear shock, set sag in rear spring.
This worked for us, and got ride of same problem.
Another note.......check rear brake piston clearance against swingarm when you compress suspension, might hit! Bad news!
Got to move it further forward, gets rid of this problem.

WMW-F4R
08-10-2007, 11:58 PM
the chain slap is likely from the chain being too loose...tighten until it has a little play at the tightest point in the travel stroke...we make a 420 chain conv. kit that saves 2+ lbs and gets rid of the rubber cushions that go out... when they fail, it creates alot of undo stress on the lower end of the engine.

hanzito
08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
could you send me a price my sons rubber things are already worn out