PDA

View Full Version : New 250r got a few questions

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I just got a new 250r for my 16th birthday, i have been racing a highly modified blaster for cross country and this is my bike to move up in class, its a fullly restored 86 with a brand new motor, new cases and everything, it has had 2 tanks of gas through it, it has an all around port job, with an esr pipe, leager long travel front end, with TCS front shocks, houser steering stem, trail tech bars, durablue axel, brand new full bore plastic and much more, its one of the best handling bikes i have ever road. it handles way better than the 450's that i have rode. i will get pictures up as soon as i can!

but i have a few questions
I race cross country at haspin acres, and it has an ESR airbox eliminator kit. How safe is this to run for woods? Im thinking im goin to have to buy an airbox and i just wanted to know what airbox you reccomend? Should i go with stock or after market?

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 10:50 AM
All of your input is greatly appreciated

800screws
06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
u are definately going to need an airbox. if u got the cash, get an aftermarket one, makes it more trick...

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 11:39 AM
which aftermarket airbox do you recomend? I just took this bike for a ride at my uncles and it is amazing! I see what you guys are talkin about when it comes to the fun factor of having a 250r, its so much more fun to ride than a yfz450 and 450r! The LT front end is amazing, way better than my standart travel works and elka front end on my other bikes. I am also lookin to narrow the front end some and i was wondering what offset rims to get? im preferably looking at hipers or some ind of beadlock rim.

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 11:56 AM
sorry for the bad quality they are with my phone

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 11:56 AM
the engine

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
another

coryatver
06-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Looks like your going to also need some 6 ply tires, and swingarm skid for xc racing and some full front fenders.

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Ya i know, i already have razer 2's coming for the front, and standard razers for the rear coming, and when i get payed next a swingarm skid plate will be on its way. Im goin to buy a set of stock plastics with a quad tech hood from one of my riding buddies, so that is already covered. What offset rim do you recomend to make it shorter? sorry for all the questions.

Scott-300ex
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks nice man, better toss it in your sig.

C-LEIGH RACING
06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
If those are +2 arms you can get a set of 1X4 offset Douglas rims for the front or you may not need them, ATVA MX or TT the bike cant be over a max of 50"s wide.
I dont know about GNCC, but I would think narrow would be better because of some of the tight places you have to go through in the course.
I know Douglas has those 1X4s in the roll edge & I think somebody has them in beadlocks,,,Hypers maybe???.

OHHHH!! nice looking R man & if you run into something you cant figure out on the R, I'll be around to help out.
Neil

2strokescreamer
06-02-2007, 12:48 PM
thanks for the advice, and ya they are +2's, the bike was set up for dune riding, and im trying to get it ready for woods. I dont really want to get rid of the a-arms, but the front is 47 in now. Im hoping to get it around 45 1/2 to 46 in. Does anyone know how much of a diff. off set rims will make, because its tight for mystock witch blaster at times, so this thing is way to wide.

Aceman
06-02-2007, 01:31 PM
If you go with 4+1, theoretically that should narrow it up one inch on each side putting you around 45 inches. My +1 Houser LT with stock offset wheels are around 46ish.

Scott-300ex
06-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeh man My rear is 45'' and its a great size, cuz Where I ride there are millions of trails and I can fit threw it all, and then for turns and stuff and 180's its still real wide so you can just scoot around them and not have the inside wheel lift up at all.

One day I was riding, I was rippin threw the trails right well there was a section that was prolly like 46 inches wide or somethin and I'm rippin threw there high 2nd mid 3rd I'm like "Oh F this is not a good idea, watch the hands, watch the hands." Well I made it threw keepin the pace. LoL.

CorvetteZ06
06-02-2007, 04:54 PM
thats a really nice R man, that laeger long travel front end/TCS LT shocks is a great combo, dont get rid of it. good luck with it! :cool:

morphine
06-02-2007, 08:36 PM
um racing makes an aftermarket airbox for the r's. i have it on mine. if you get it, make sure you buy the cover too, it comes seperate