PDA

View Full Version : Sportclutch

beienheim
06-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Has anyone looked into puting the sportclutch on an older 250ex? and if so how much did it cost? Thanks, TY

ALEXANDERJASON
06-02-2007, 12:47 PM
it would cost you about $3600.00 - to buy an '07 with the sportclutch already on it - best way to do it in my opinion.

beienheim
06-02-2007, 10:30 PM
i can get the front cover for 150,you would think the rest could be purchased for less than 200 i would think this would be an awesome upgrade i just dont have the expertise to know if it would work.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-02-2007, 11:00 PM
well c u have the clutch feature kind of u can use it bu going all the way up eith ur lever and ur machine will rev and release and thats the same as a hand clutch

ALEXANDERJASON
06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I THOUGHT THE SAME THING ABOUT PUTTING ON A PULL START. MY RECON HAS A BACKUP PULL, AND THEY ARE THE SAME ENGINE. I LOOKED LONG AND HARD AT BOTH SIDE BY SIDE, AND ALSO AT PARTS MICROFICHE FOR BOTH. AFTER MANY QUESTIONS, AND NOT MANY ANSWERS, I GAVE UP. TURNS OUT, NO ONE IS REALLY WILLING TO DO IT FOR ME AT ANY COST, AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WOULD COST ME A SMALL FORTUNE TO ATTEMPT IT MYSELF. KEEP IN MIND I SAID ATTEMPT IT. IF I COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK, I WOULD BE OUT ALOT OF MONEY AND SERIOUSLY AGGRAVATED, ESPECIALLY IF I SCREWED SOMETHING ELSE UP IN THE PROCESS.

frignitor
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
ok i have always been a little confused on what this sport clutch actually does... i have read the website and i understand that it wont stall on you, but does it give you the option to just use the foot to shift or do u still have to use the clutch but i just wont stall... a little explantion would be nice... thank you

tedwilley
06-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Here's the deal...
Without using the clutch lever, you let off the throttle and shift.
From a dead stop, when shifting from neutral into gear, you feel a bump, no real movement of the quad. It's similar to putting a car in drive with you foot on the brake, but on the SportClutch you don't need to hold yourself with the brake. The only downside is the letting off the throttle to shift. On downshifts at speed, they're not as smooth without the clutch, especially hill climbing. (Let off the throttle and wait for it to shift, good idea going uphill!)
With the clutch, you can slip the clutch while taking off, you can shift while moving, without letting off the throttle, blip the throttle to down shift, and teach newbies how to use a clutch without stalling.
Oh yeah ,with the clutch in you can rev your motor like the big kids.
:eek2:

07250ex
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
well put tedwilley its the same as a clutch exact same except you cant stall because there is an extra compenent in there there is also a centrifugal clutch... anyways the greatest upgrade to me would to see this thing be chain driven the engine mounted regulary 249 cc's at least an inch or two wider much better front and rear shocks... that would be a much better bike for people learning and for experianced ones like i that want and need more performance to thrive... lol i like riding stuff like cr 125s and sx 125s and predators and $#!+