PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! O6' 450R Electrical problem BAD!

Honda250R31
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
i have a 06, and i was riding. shut it off and my electric start quit, it would bump start. but there was so spark with the electric start, so i put a kick start on it. and now i have no spark at all, what would it be? It has a new, (that i baught to test) CDI, Coil, voltage regulator! How do u test a stator, the three yellow wires oming out of my stator have power, i have power coming out of my volatge regulator, and all of my electric start **** is still there, ie battery and stuff. Can any one help! I have to race in two days! Any suggestions?

pro-rider46
06-01-2007, 09:37 PM
i think advance auto parts tests stators but it dont know how different they are from car stators

MX MaNiAc 06
06-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Sounds like it could be a fuse. If not, take all the plastic off n inspect every inch of wire. Leave ur key on with ur light turned on so u will know when u hit the bad wire.

edit: nvm not a fuse cuz it wouldnt bump start. But check all ur wires for sure.

moogie
06-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Always check the simple things first
The thumb throttle switch and carb switch
When throttle off thumb switch is closed circuit and carby switch open.
When throttle on thumb switch is open and carby closd ( or visa versa )
If both switches are open it tells CDI no spark to engine
it is a safety system so if your carby jams open and you take thumb throttle off it kills the engine

test point green 2 pin plug under left side front guard for thumb...using continuity meter on 2 pins open close thumb to show open / close circuit
Carby test point black 2 pin plug left side against frame next to intake side carb from air cleaner...same continuity test

Fix is on green plug strip back wire on both pins ( green wire and green / red and twist together, tape up
This way you will always have continuity and renders this safety system in operative
Useful for racing as not good to have this circuit cut in over big jump and kill eng
Also if wires are twisted and taped, then later when you may retire bike or sell you can un twist and safety system is back working
moogie

If its not this then hopefully good info for those that dont know about this circuit