PDA

View Full Version : PEP vs FOX

R3Concepts
06-01-2007, 08:24 PM
So, lets not make this a big bash fest. I want to hear from people who have owned both and have a lot of time on both. Im hardcore PEP but a National builder has me amped up to buy Foxs saying that he knows what to do to get them spot on.

Likes and dislikes on the Foxs are mostly what Im looking for, I know the ins and outs of PEPs, and Im going to say there are no dislikes for me and PEPs.

Airik79mx
06-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I've had both. On my 2nd set of Fox now. To be honest I dont feel a huge change between the 2. The Fox feel very plush but alittle on the soft side (esp. the rear). After some advise and making some changes I'm really happy with the fronts. They seem to have very good bottom out resistance while giving a plush ride on the small rough stuff. I dont have any dislikes with them, so far so good.

R3Concepts
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, the guy told me the ones they run you can darn near bottom the rear out by pushing down on the grab bar.

Sag? Ride heights? Whoops? Stable? Etc etc

DEVINF450R
06-02-2007, 09:11 AM
2 friends that I race with have them and when I video them going for big triples and stuff I notice how smooth the fronts are on the ruts and braking bumps, and they NEVER bottom the fronts out. IMO a rear revalve is all that is needed on most quads. Go to Andy M.a.u.l at M.a.u.lTechAtv.com he puts a GT THunder Link and a revalve...works GREAT

Over-land 450r
06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I love the way the fox feel.ive had them since october and had to send them back b.c. they wouldnt take air. I just got Back from the wildwood race and i was talkin to some guys from MA. and NH. And they said there buddy had the same problem.

At EnglishTown NJ, I would bottom out on from 5 ft in the air if i land flat but if i landed nose first, it sucked it right up. The weird thing is ive flat Landed from about 20ft up and it wasnt as bad as you would think. u can feel it but it wasnt bad.

also with the fox shocks, if you get the smallest piece of dirt in the shreider valve the shock will leak. It will feel the same as a blown shock. and from unscrewing the pump, you might losen the valve also.

A Pro that im friends with that rides for LCC. says he recomends them for everybody. ( HE is on dunk's old ohlins.)

There nice b.c. ther very adjustable but you have to stay on top of them and make sure there always clean.

R3Concepts
06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
The pics Ive seen of the Fox shocks that are for sale around the sites, all seem wasted looking and most of them are "2 rides old". Im not sure I dig all the plastic on them.

Over-land 450r
06-05-2007, 08:37 PM
i dont think that would be an issue. if that was a risk pros wouldnt use them. Also i have tire tracks on my on piggyback b.c. it got landed on and was fine.