PDA

View Full Version : 13/38 possible?

imc188222
06-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I am currently running a 15 front and 38 rear sprocket on my '03 400ex. The chain and sprockets are fairly new and I wanted to gear it down so I bought a 13 tooth front, however it looks like it isn't possible to use a 13 with a 38. If I leave the chain the same length it wont work because the chain is to loose. If I take a link out it wont work because the chain is to short. I am running a regina x ring chain. I was just going to put an offset or half link in but I can't find a half link for this chain. So, is anyone here running a 13/38 and if so how are you doing it. If not, what sprockets can I run without having this problem. thanks

stic
06-01-2007, 02:59 PM
you cant compensate for length of chain with the chain adjuster?
the chain is gonna stretch so i would think if you take a link out and adjust.......
im runnin 14/38 on my 03.it fit with no probs..1 tooth shouldnt make that much of a diff.
also....ive heard that 1 tooth up front is equal to 3 in the rear but if you drop too many up front...you may end up eatin your chain up.
just what ive heard.

REDRIDDER
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM
are you using your chain tensoiner to tighten or losen it? you know what im talking about your bearing carrier will adjust this problem.

REDRIDDER
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Dammit stic you beat me to the punch lol...

imc188222
06-02-2007, 08:38 AM
The carrier adjustment is not enough to make this work. I also cannot just take out a link. The chain will go on but only with the quad on a stand and things would break if I rode it this way. I am looking to hear from people that are running this setup. I don't think anyone is but if they are I want to know how. With a stock swingarm.