PDA

View Full Version : flat tire

fastfox
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
my front tire has a hole in it, should I [A] put a tube in it?? or patch from inside or better tires?? , its a 660 rappy

TravEX
06-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Can you plug it?

I would never use a tube in an ATV, but that's just me. Have you ever broken down an ATV tire? They are a PITA!!! Why tube it, when you could plug it and maybe Slime it?

fastfox
06-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TravEX
Can you plug it?

I would never use a tube in an ATV, but that's just me. Have you ever broken down an ATV tire? They are a PITA!!! Why tube it, when you could plug it and maybe Slime it?

will the plug hold up??

TravEX
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Sure it will hold up. Is it a small hole? gash?

fastfox
06-03-2007, 07:11 AM
small, i just did not want it to let go out in the woods

thanks!!!!!

TravEX
06-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Just buy a plug kit at WalMart, or any other auto store. It will come with a rasp, plug tool, and plugs. Just run the rasp in and out of the hole a few times so the plug will stick. Put the plug through the plug tool. I like to use rubber cement on my plugs, you'll have to buy that seperate. Put a couple drops of rubber cement on each side of the plug and jab it in the hole carefully. When the plug is in the hole with about 1/4" sticking out, JERK the tool out FAST. I burn my plugs after they are in the tire. Have a spray bottle ready, and light the plug on fire for a few seconds. When it burns down to the tire spray water on it. Doing this procedure on several tires, I have never had any more problems from a plug.

fastfox
06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks!!!!