PDA

View Full Version : EDT Round 1

Higs
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Who is heading to Greenbriar? 1 week to go, should be a great time.

Higs

patrickj75
06-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Don!
i'm hoping to go to Ava this summer. are going to that one?

patrick

Higs
06-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey Patrick,

Hope to hit it, not sure if we can make it to all of this year or not. I need to try and get up and run with you guys in d-23 at the Cambridge Noresman TT.

Take it easy,

Don

etccb
06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Pro results?

palot
06-10-2007, 08:15 AM
1- Goodman
2- Hitt
3- Creech

To be honest thats all I know for sure..

Bryar Riley
06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Don, how is your elbow?....let us know what the doc. tells you............

C-LEIGH RACING
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes sir !!!! how about that 3rd place finish in the Pro class by Chuckie Creech #25, yep, thats my soninlaw, yes he sure is,,,,proud of that boy.
Neil

rustee
06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
hello neil great to see you there i was the one with the yellow 250/350 stroked quad that was running with your daughter in the open class. i must tell that i am not happy !!!!!. when we built this quad we thought we would be running open class with our class division and then they changed the rules. well after i ck the results tonite we had pro unlimited riders as well as a bunch of 16-24 class riders. we cant compete with those in the top of that class riders with this machine as it was built to compete with our own class of riders.A,B,C. i think all they did by combining all open classes into one is just creating another 16-24 class. not to fair for some of the other open class riders with bigger bores that want to stay in there class . i guess i will call doug tommorrow at atva and beat him up a little not that it will do any good but it makes me feel better. pros in the open am class give me a break talk about a ringer!!. anyway neil good to see you how did you feel about this class?. yes chuckie looks great!! rustee...

jake what did you think i bet you werent ready to run with pros were you? no wonder 1 and 2 in the final. i guess i should be very happy with 6th or was that really 4th who knows ???????

C-LEIGH RACING
06-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by rustee
hello neil great to see you there i was the one with the yellow 250/350 stroked quad that was running with your daughter in the open class. i must tell that i am not happy !!!!!. when we built this quad we thought we would be running open class with our class division and then they changed the rules. well after i ck the results tonite we had pro unlimited riders as well as a bunch of 16-24 class riders. we cant compete with those in the top of that class riders with this machine as it was built to compete with our own class of riders.A,B,C. i think all they did by combining all open classes into one is just creating another 16-24 class. not to fair for some of the other open class riders with bigger bores that want to stay in there class . i guess i will call doug tommorrow at atva and beat him up a little not that it will do any good but it makes me feel better. pros in the open am class give me a break talk about a ringer!!. anyway neil good to see you how did you feel about this class?. yes chuckie looks great!! rustee...

jake what did you think i bet you werent ready to run with pros were you? no wonder 1 and 2 in the final. i guess i should be very happy with 6th or was that really 4th who knows ???????

Hey, was good to see you guys back this year.

Yeah we lost alot of riders because of the change. Some went to other classes & some just quit altogether.
You know I hadnt even thought of the fact A riders can run Pro Am. Those A riders can run Pro Am unlimited, no fairness in that.
Were all going to have to protest the class, once you run A or Pro a rider cant go down in class.
Only thing though what I'm thinking now, they are probably going to say your open class & thats not an A, B or C class of riders. That probably going to be the loop hole aginst us.
The deal now is, we've all signed up in the Open class which is not A, B or C class riders anymore without even thinking about it & now we dont have a leg to stand on in protest.
This is realy crap.
Its not hard to see whats going on, last year womens class was changed to production 4 stroke bike class, so that knocked the 2 stroke out of that & now the open class this this year we got to run with Pros, will it ever stop.
Neil

rustee
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
neil just talked to doug morris and he says that pro am should not be running the open class. and i told him the rules say otherwize. and he assured me that should have not happend. and to watch more closely at the tracks like we have time to police this. and that we know what everybody is running? i also told him that this sucks that we are being hearded in to a one lump class. he said to send him an email about my feelings. well everyone in the open class that dont think they should be running with pros ( witch you dont have a chance in @%#$@ of ever winning) please send doug at atva a email on how you feel if enough of us protest they just might do something about it after all we pay them not the other way around and if enough people drop out of the class well that isnt a good thing for the atva. anyway neil thats the news fit to print rustee!!!

speak out!! dmorris@atvonline.com

Higs
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Rileys,

Thanks for the note and thanks to those that have called or emailed. I have 2 bruised kidneys, concusion, and a large build up of fluid in my arm, the docs have drained it twice already.

There is alot of swelling around my lower spine, going to a back Dr. today.

Took me and Steph 20 hrs to get back, miserable.

Open Class - could not agree more with Neil and Rustees posts. I was supposed to be in it as well but someone in the Plus 25 class did not know how to hold a line and I ended up in the ambulance.

We are hanging it up. I enjoyed meeting eveyone the past 2 years at the races, we had a great time. Best of luck to everyone in the future.

Don

rustee
06-12-2007, 01:32 PM
don sorry to here that was you in that accedent. my wife watched steph while you were getting patched up. we sat with you at the banquet in ohio. after seeing your machine i dont blame you. that is why i am living my speed thru my son now. i cant afford to be laid up in a hospital but i sure would like to try it but reality is reality. if there is anything we can do please pm me!!. hope all goes well for you, heal fast!! take care don.
rustee...................

patrickj75
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Don,
sorry to hear about the accident. i hope you heal fast. i understand your feelings. i have them myself sometimes. take care,

Patrick

C-LEIGH RACING
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Well Don,, I know its wrote down here now, but I didnt know you had been in a crash & how in the world did I miss seeing you at the race. I got to admit I was in a rush most of the time with different things going on & guess I just missed alot of things.

I wish every race could be run like Ashtabula with practice friday, heats saturday & mains sunday.
All I can say is I'm sorry for missing you & wish you hadnt gotten in the crash.
How did your girl do, good I hope.

Rustee,
Went back & checked the race the results, #37 Russell Mcwhorter on a 450 Yamaha ran in the Pro Am Unlimited class as well as the Open Am.
3 other riders run the 16 to 24 class & 1 ran the + 25.

Its just a big mess up & it cant be done like this.

ATVA rules state a rider cant drop down a class like A down to B or B down to C & either way you look at it, its breaking the rules.
Now it says if a rider lays out a year, no racing in any type of AMA or ATVA sationed racing for 12 months, then they can come back & run any class they choose, but who has layed out that long.
By the rules, all A & B class riders are running illegal in a C class.
Only way for it to be legal was if each rider would have signed up in the next higher class. That would have ment the C rider would have signed up in the B class & then next race they went to the A.
Either way its wrong unless I've read it wrong.

You are right, we pay them, they dont pay us to attend or to race.
If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I dont think so.
Neil

300exQuadracer
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING

Rustee,
Went back & checked the race the results, #37 Russell Mcwhorter on a 450 Yamaha ran in the Pro Am Unlimited class as well as the Open Am.
3 other riders run the 16 to 24 class & 1 ran the + 25.

Its just a big mess up & it cant be done like this.

Neil

me and my teamate Lamar both run open and 16-24, open is considered open A ,they dropped b and c in the actual rooster and the age class is 90cc-unlimited its perfectly fine for us to run that and the pro-am rider can ride pro-am and any A class

C-LEIGH RACING
06-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Thats what I'm saying, its ok for 16/24 to run or the + 25 to run in the Open Am.
I think it was first of the year when the class change was listed it was called Open Am, no more Open A, B or C so its still an amature class.
With that, if a rider signs up Pro Am they can no longer run B or C class only Pro Am or A class.

Jake,
I think what happened to you in the main was uncalled for, I was told another rider lost a nurf bar & nothing happened to them.
Neil

palot
06-13-2007, 05:58 AM
I think someone was there taking pictures of the races for atv riders but does anyone know if someone was doing race coverage??

Thanks

bstuart
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
The guy that was taking picutres, will be posting a race report as well.

palot
06-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the information ...
now do you by any chance know who the guy is ??

Higs
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Neil, thanks for the note, I stopped by and said hello to Andrea on Sat. but you must have been off doing something. I agree with the spreading out of the race program. The whole weekend seems like a blur. I wish you and your team the best this year. It was great to see the report that Chuckie made the podium, that is awesome.

Rustee, please give your wife another big thank you from me for watching Steph while I was racing / in the ambulance. Best of luck to you and your son this year at the EDT's.

Thanks again,

Don