PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP, 450r will NOT run past idle

h400exrydr
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Alright so last weekend i had a race at PineRidge, and it is really sandy. My first moto and practice it ran perfect. Then when i was just sitting at the gate idling it jus died. I fired it back up and ran fine for a bit, then we started racing. My throttle stuck at about half throttle and it wouldnt go past that. But if i let off of it the quad would die. It just did alot of popping and such. I finished the race and tried finding out what was wrong with it but couldnt. The air filter was really really dirty. I am thinking that it might have sucked in some dirt or something, but i cleaned out the carb to the best of my knowledge and it still wont run. I really need some help. Thanks

the Z Man
06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I had a similar problem, come to find out it was my intake valves were out of adjustment.
Simple to check and fix...
I would check the throttle cable and housing for the other problem, make sure it moved freely, pull the top of the carb off and make sure all is well..
LMK. Z.
www.bobziebell41.com

h400exrydr
06-01-2007, 03:06 PM
well i checked my valves last week and they were all right on. I just put on a new throttle cable yesterday, and i took apart the carb a little bit and cleaned it. Anybody else have any idea?

speedfreaksguy
06-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Take the carb all the way apart. Clean and blow through all of the jets.

Prey
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
^^^ im with that guy, had similiar problem, ended up that the resonator plug in the air boot got sucked into the carb and bent the needle.

but the needle could have broke or even the clip that holds the needle

justin41414
06-04-2007, 12:09 PM
i had a similar problem twice the first time the needle and the clip broke the second time the clip broke just take the carb off the boots and press the throttle and see if the needle moves or not

Pred_003
06-05-2007, 02:17 AM
I also had a similar problem but it was just after i installed my Rossi Pipe.... had to have my needle tapered and carb tuned

h400exrydr
06-12-2007, 08:47 AM
turns out that it was the Throttle Position Sensor that was bad. That costed a pretty penny lemme tell ya.