PDA

View Full Version : 140cc motor swap wire harness.......

CEOR
06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Refitting a Lifan 140cc clutch motor in one of our typhoons.
Looking for a premium "quick" wiring harness with snap connectors.
By quick, I mean: no charging, no extras. Just plain spark and go!
Also harness must have connectors to fit cdi, stator, and coil.

Any good leads to suppliers out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jrainey
07-29-2007, 07:24 AM
How did you make out fitting the LIFAN 138cc motor into the Typhoon 125? I want to do the same swap but no one seems to know if the engine will directly bolt into the frame without modifications. Let me know how you made out?

Is the performance substantially noticeable?

Would you recommend this swap?

Thanks
Jim

CEOR
07-29-2007, 08:16 AM
We picked up a 140cc Lifan from Chuck Marsela @ pitbikemotorsports in Arizona. Made some minor alterations to the frame, but it did fit. We cut the upper motor mounts out of the chasis, and bolted our own mounts in. This allows for motor to be quickly swapped out without bending the upper "cheesy" mounts around.

Rear break lever needs to be modified to fit around the new motors clutch case.

Larger capacity oil cooler needs to be mounted, (We welded tabs to our frame) on left hand side, behind front shock.

Chuck offers neccessary wire harness, just didnt have in stock at the time.

Went to local scooter shop, and got clutch cable, External metal wound down by the engine to protect from heat. Used oringinal rear brake lever and perch for clutch now.

Depending on the type of lower frame gusset connector you have.
We welded ours in, and installed and welded the two outside frame plates as well.

Motor does make a big improvement over the stocker. And also allows for better future mods.

Just be careful which motor you choose. Chuck is extremely knowledgable, and can get you set up with a "killer" motor.

jrainey
07-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Great info! Thanks for the quick response!

azextreme
07-29-2007, 10:29 AM
CEOR - Just swap out the stock ing. and slap in a inner rotor kit its three wires coil,ground, kill switch less wieght high faster rev and no rev limit!

Jr- Lifan makes both the 138cc (is really 127cc) and the 140cc with is the Monster motor II. Dont get the 138 it has a 1down 3up tranny to many shifting problems. The 140cc has a 4up tranny witch fixes the problems with the 138 tranny! but if you are looking at getting a good deal SGR racing has the 138 (that they are calling 140's) on sale for $250 shipped!

1QKBRD
08-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Do you have a contact number for "Chuck Marsela @ pitbikemotorsports in Arizona"? would like to talk to him about my kids quads.

Thank you
Warren

CEOR
08-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Warren- I PM'd with some info.

CEOR
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Chuck's shop number-602-944-1173