PDA

View Full Version : front flip

c450Razy
05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
so still noting huh?

pats2007450er
06-01-2007, 12:28 AM
if your talking about the guy that is going to be doing the front flip on the 400ex.i think he is trying to get his name out there.he was in the atv sport mag but i think he is full of shlt.just my opinion

06-01-2007, 04:42 AM
he got hurt trying a back flip

j/k:D in my opinion not possible

quad2xtreme
06-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Now you guys are early...I was planning to wait until beginning of July to call this thread out again since he said he would do the attempt in June.

Oh yea, and the original thread seemed to have gotten deleted...that can only happen by an admin or the original thread creator.

:devil:

c450Razy
06-01-2007, 11:16 AM
yea i know i spent about an hour looking for it.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Polak1035
he got hurt trying a back flip

j/k:D in my opinion not possible

I bet you thought a double back flip wasn't possible either? One day a front flip will happen, you'll shlt your pants when it does.

Ryan
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I bet you thought a double back flip wasn't possible either? One day a front flip will happen, you'll shlt your pants when it does.

You really believe that, don't you?

If its possible, it would have been done on a dirtbike before an atv. I think its a big joke.

whiteboycustom
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
thrusters on the swing arm haha, good luck with trying it, maybe riding into the grand canyon making ir roll fwd into a flip then eject the bike/quad and parachute to teh ground

06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ

yea double back flip on a bike quad is heavier and bigger i dont see this happening and if it does someone on a bike will do it first lets leave it at that

gncc025
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
ANY THING IS POSSIBLE;)

Ryan
06-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by gncc025
ANY THING IS POSSIBLE;)

I agree with you there. And I will believe it when I see it. Just its hard to get over the fact of rotating a 350 pound plus atv over 360 degrees. Not to mention forward. Its one thing if its backwards.

If its done, I won't be suprised.... I will be completely shocked. But its something I gotta see done before I believe it. I would assume it would take alot of air time to pull a stunt like that off.

gncc025
06-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I agree with you there. And I will believe it when I see it. Just its hard to get over the fact of rotating a 350 pound plus atv over 360 degrees. Not to mention forward. Its one thing if its backwards.

If its done, I won't be suprised.... I will be completely shocked. But its something I gotta see done before I believe it. I would assume it would take alot of air time to pull a stunt like that off.

I agree,

but it is possible. lol:p

miller821
06-02-2007, 01:07 PM
There'll be a backflip on a utility before a front flip.

mephyst
06-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I think it can be done once someone practices it in a foam pit and has the balls to do it on dirt...

honda4life72
06-02-2007, 02:38 PM
yea they will backflip a rihno before doin a front flip

One_Bad_400
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
yea they will backflip a rihno before doin a front flip

hahaha

440bigborekit
06-03-2007, 12:57 PM
i think the guy was just a huge choke artist that wanted attention and is not ever goin to do a frontflip can the guy even back flip?

c450Razy
06-04-2007, 06:55 PM
yea, i just got done looking at his myspace and it is nothing like it was before. He took all of his "sponsers" off and says noting of the frontflip. lol he also talks about killing himself to.

firefighterjosh
06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
There'll be a backflip on a utility before a front flip.

Do I have to be on the ute when it flips:p

mx825
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
ahaha. this dude sounds like an idiot. what's the url to his myspace?

Brad77
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow, the guy went to a lot of trouble to just get his name out there. I have the issue of atv sport with his interview in it. I wonder if the magazine will become a collectors item one day.:p

Here is his myspace URL http://www.myspace.com/rockstarfit

honduh440
06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
just by looking at the 2 second video, pictures and his pos 400ex on his myspace i would be shocked if he could even jump anything over 40 foot

miller821
06-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Do I have to be on the ute when it flips:p

I'm afraid so, if not then I could tell everyone that i've done a backflip and barrel rolls on my quad :p

Trx250rider86
06-05-2007, 04:29 AM
anyone have his myspace link?

quad2xtreme
06-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Anyone remember the link to the chicks myspace...she was the one who knew him. She was blonde and maybe into photography? Maybe Raptorchick?

FreekShow
06-05-2007, 05:18 AM
hmm, yeah thread got deleted last time because i called this guy out. guess i was wrong right..;)

c450Razy
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I sent him a message and he said he was going to the foam pit wendsday, and then he would see from there when he was going to do it. :rolleyes:

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by FreekShow
hmm, yeah thread got deleted last time because i called this guy out. guess i was wrong right..;)

No, it got deleted because it turned into a big pissing match and I asked Harlen to delete it.

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I sent him a message and he said he was going to the foam pit wendsday, and then he would see from there when he was going to do it. :rolleyes:

Yes, Wes Miller offered to let Chris use the foam pit he has access to on Wednesday. But I called him this morning to confirm everything and unfortunately, Wes broke his leg over the weekend at Baja and may have to have surgery this week, so it has been postponed.

Kaleigh
06-05-2007, 12:04 PM
whats wrong with everyone.. knocking someone that is trying something new.. minds like that keeps this sport from advancing.. how about when everyone said you cant backflip a quad? laughed and pointed fingers.. Im cheering this guy on and hope he tries it..

I thought we were all here to help this sport and learn/try new things?

400exrider707
06-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by raptorchick
Yes, Wes Miller offered to let Chris use the foam pit he has access to on Wednesday. But I called him this morning to confirm everything and unfortunately, Wes broke his leg over the weekend at Baja and may have to have surgery this week, so it has been postponed.

Whether this happens or not, I appluad you for keeping your cool with all the S*** talkers in here....:macho

FreekShow
06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
ok, so if hes still going to do it raptorchick then why did he completely overhaul his mysapce and it has nothing to do with the backflip now?

Ruby Soho
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
you know what i dont get, people all argueing over the internet abotu somethign someone said they're going to do. WHO CARES if hes lying, and if he does it, it will be really sick. whats the big deal

MXRACER118
06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I give the guy props for even trying. If he even attempts it once then I think he deserves a lot of credit. I also think that unless you have attempted a front flip yourself you shouldn't be talking any ****.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by FreekShow
ok, so if hes still going to do it raptorchick then why did he completely overhaul his mysapce and it has nothing to do with the backflip now?

First of all, it's a front flip, not a back flip.:rolleyes:
Second, it's myspace...who cares?
Third...we were told to keep things on the down low until he hits the foam pit with Wes. I shouldn't even be posting in here now, but I don't like to sit back and watch a bunch of haters and sh*t talkers ramble on and try to drag this down.

Pappy
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by raptorchick
First of all, it's a front flip, not a back flip.:rolleyes:
Second, it's myspace...who cares?
Third...we were told to keep things on the down low until he hits the foam pit with Wes. I shouldn't even be posting in here now, but I don't like to sit back and watch a bunch of haters and sh*t talkers ramble on and try to drag this down.

So, he has this all over his myspace (did), it is reported in the magazines and on the net and NOW you want it on the down-low:confused:

If you advertise something on the net it will get attention, maybe not the kind your after but it will and has gotton it. Harlen can remove this if he likes, but I wont. No matter what you do people will try and bag on you so if he plans on seeking fame then he and you had better learn to deal with all sorts of critizism and or support.

You feed the dog he will come back for more.

416exfreak
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Pappy, you could have saved me taking care of some dogs if i would have known that tid bit of info a little earlier on....damn strays...:p

I cant leave a dog out to starve...:ermm:

416exfreak
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
You arent by chance....Kolton Bender are you?

I beleive he was 3 or 4 feet short of the worlds longest jump on a quad...

Is that what your attempting?

PM me your awnser if you dont want everyone flaming you, im just extremely curious as to what it will be?:)

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
So, he has this all over his myspace (did), it is reported in the magazines and on the net and NOW you want it on the down-low:confused:

If you advertise something on the net it will get attention, maybe not the kind your after but it will and has gotton it. Harlen can remove this if he likes, but I wont. No matter what you do people will try and bag on you so if he plans on seeking fame then he and you had better learn to deal with all sorts of critizism and or support.

He had something about it on his myspace before when the article first came out, but was advised by some of the people that are working on this with him, to now keep it quiet, hence the reason there is nothing on there now.
As for it coming out in the mag...it wasn't my decision as to when the article was to be run. Personally, I would have rather it came out after he at least hit the foam pit.
As for the criticism...I am well aware that there will always be negativity from others no matter what. I am just giving my $.02 as are all the critics. ;)
I just don't want this thread to get out of control like the last one where it wasn't even on topic anymore and everyone just arguing amongst themselves.

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
Guys easy, quit your crap talk and give the guy who is going to attempt the frontflip a break.
I'm going to break a world record at age 15 in a few months. Yes a stunt on a quad, and no I'm not gonna say what because you guys will talk crap about me and tell me I'm a loser.
I give major props for this guy for even thinking about doing a frontflip, if he fails oh well but if he makes it...

I think I know who you are and what you're going to be doing...I just want to wish you the best of luck! I hope you make it.:)

06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
It can 100% be done. Its a matter of being in the air long enough. If you can get the rear end to kick at the lip of the ramp it would be pretty easy.

Is this enough proof? watch at *4:06* ( *1:42* it counts down) if a front flip can not be done that bike would have never rotated that far.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l16PErQsI_s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l16PErQsI_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SRH
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
i dont even know why they would put that in the magazine.......pastrana said flat out hes exhausted it and its not possible......thats on his dirtbike which is way lighter, way faster and way better brakes and im pretty sure hes way more talented when it comes to this, now if hes modifying the quad in some way to make it possible who knows...but i really dont see what he can do....i read the article, visor slouching on a mostly stock 400ex with some huge oil cooler......adding that really cut down on the weight..... who knows i guess anything is possible but please, hes claiming hes gonan do it before hes ever attempted it into foam...get real

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Here's another interesting front flip video...

Bike Front Flip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jLeyFCAd4k)

Raptorchick
06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
oops...double post

SRH
06-05-2007, 04:56 PM
i need a little insight, if this is possible why can this guy do it and why cant pastrana

everyone has seen videos of half a front flip

c450Razy
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I just dont understand how you can say " iam going to do a front flip" when you havent even tried it in foam!!!

Kaleigh
06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i need a little insight, if this is possible why can this guy do it and why cant pastrana

everyone has seen videos of half a front flip

so if travis cant do it no one can?

im pretty sure with the right setup, ramp and bike/quad.. it would be possible.. look at all the people that said no way to a snowmobile backflip..

also look at the setup travis had to do his double back flip.. its all about the setup..

06-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh

im pretty sure with the right setup, ramp and bike/quad.. it would be possible.. look at all the people that said no way to a snowmobile backflip..

also look at the setup travis had to do his double back flip.. its all about the setup..

Don't for get that "a back flip on a quad can not happen" like was said and now theirs more than one person back flipping quads. :rolleyes: If one thing can front flip all things can front flip one way or a nother.

honduh440
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh

i think what he is saying i that pastrana is a genious when it comes to the physics of a trick and for him to say something like that then the odds of billy bob down the road on a 400ex doing a front flip are probably close to none

skip all the BS ..... i bet 50 bucks he doesnt land it. any takers?

moto04racing
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
i think it will happen. Remember the x games when carey hart busted himself up trying it. Well now people that arent even well known FMX are doing backflips. Alright so then the quad backflip comes. The sport is only progressing with bigger and better tricks. I definatley think it will happen. But definatley on a bike first.

mephyst
06-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I think it can happen... but I didn't know he has never even attempted it into foam before!! He is getting all this hype just because he SAID he is going to try it? So what... damn, I'm a little disappointed now...

Hey guys, I'm going to do a barrel-roll on a quad... is it time for me to be put on the front cover of a magazine?

I still think it will eventually happen, but I have much greater doubts now that this is going to be the guy to pull it off...

bmennen07
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
hahaha this is funny!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nfz8B92eFWs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nfz8B92eFWs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

blasterfreak99
06-07-2007, 12:41 AM
i just dont see how it could be possible. he would have to do some major fabbing to that quad. probably move the engine farther up(if its even possible), remove a lot of weight(like take off the rear brake and stuff like that), plus he would have to have a huge kicker and he would need a lot of compression so it would engine brake at the end of the ramp and he would probably have to tap his front brake right before leaving the ramp. i dunno it might be possible. :confused:

Kaleigh
06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by SilverClub
It can 100% be done. Its a matter of being in the air long enough. If you can get the rear end to kick at the lip of the ramp it would be pretty easy.

Is this enough proof? watch at *4:06* ( *1:42* it counts down) if a front flip can not be done that bike would have never rotated that far.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l16PErQsI_s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l16PErQsI_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Wasnt that special greg? from Nitro Circus 2 or 3.. thats why i think its possible.. if he had more room the bike would have landed on its wheels..