PDA

View Full Version : Loudest Pipe For 4oo>?

2 QuicK
10-17-2002, 05:57 PM
Ok, i want a slip-on that's loud. Most of the 4ooEx pipes dont add a whole lotta horse, so peak horsepower doesnt matter. I have heard that the Tc pipe is loud but i dont like the looks of it and how u mount it, so that's out. I'm leaning towards the T4 from Pro Circuit, i hear that has a nice loud sound to it. And also i hear it had pretty good bottom end and that's good because i will be doing a little woods racing. If u guys could tell me what kinda pipes u have and how they sounds and how u like me that would be great. thnx.

YLW400
10-17-2002, 06:01 PM
I have a T-4...and it isnt quiet, thats for sure. It has a good sound I think. Maybe little more bottom, but it's not arm puliing or anything.

ny300exrider
10-17-2002, 06:06 PM
less sound = more ground......try to keep your pipes quiet and we might actually be able to keep some good riding areas. i suggest yoshimura with t.e.c. endcaps. just my opinion.

2 QuicK
10-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Ya, i know i dont wanna be a nusiance. I ride back in my woods there's no other house's back there. Plus like i said in my other post i gonna be doing some racing to sound doesnt matter there.

ny300exrider
10-17-2002, 06:17 PM
ok, sorry to sound like a fag....in that case t is ok to have a loud pipe. id say get a curtis sparks x-6 , or a lrd. i really like the sparks and they sound really really goood.
later man

yellow machine
10-17-2002, 07:00 PM
I have a white bros e-series slip-on with 18 discs, 6 more than the stock. I have a friend with a yoshi full system, and another with an fmf with powerbomb headpipe, my white bros is louder than them both, maybe even loud than them both combined! I love it:devil :devil

10-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Curtis Sparks Full System. Loud and adds power :D

Dave400ex
10-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Well I got the TC. I thought it looked stupid and mounted stupid before I bought it, but it is much nicer in person. Only other Pipes I would buy is a Sparks, Duncan, or LRD.

bpimpdaddy21
10-17-2002, 08:22 PM
I don't know why people keep dissin the T-4 and sayin it doesn't have arm pullin power, mine woke my quad right up. It pulls much harder from bottom to top, so I would say go with the T-4, looks good, and is nice and loud. Put it this way, you could almost say it sounds like putting a glass pack on a quad, hehe.
Heres what mine looks like.

Ex_Rider43
10-17-2002, 08:58 PM
my dmc is a lot louder than my friends e-series and r4 exaust!!

Pro400EXC
10-17-2002, 09:30 PM
I gots me a custom R304 Shorty Pro Circuit (actually a cut down T4) and it soudns good,and i def noticed power w/ the pipe,and especially after she was cut...

2 QuicK
10-18-2002, 01:50 PM
That TC pipe does look good warriorman. Maybe that's an option again. I still like the Pro Circuit too. Now i dont know. Ne more opinions would help too. Keep em comin!

LRD_27
10-18-2002, 02:59 PM
If you really want loud sound, I think DMC have the best loud sound

Toughass400EX
10-18-2002, 03:53 PM
I have an LRD full Exhaust system on my 2002 440EX and it screams, every time I fire it up people make quickly cover their ears...its funny. Dont worry I'm mostly riding on our familys property

eldoexrider01
10-18-2002, 05:15 PM
if you want loud. get an wb R4. my friend has one that is gutted and stock length and it louder than a lrd system or wb

Dune Surfer
10-21-2002, 03:13 PM
I have a Supertrapp IDS3 and every body I ride with loves it, Me to. You can adjust how loud it is by changing the number of disk. $179 at rmatv.

400grl
10-21-2002, 03:25 PM
The WB R-4 is really loud - I have an E-Series with all the discs and the and cap off - and it's hella loud, too. They have different sounds - kinda like the difference between a FloMaster (E-Series) and a straight pipe (R-4)....if you know what I mean....just personal preference at that point.

Corry

bmf400ex
10-21-2002, 03:36 PM
if u want it loud take off the muffler :D j/k, i have a t-4 and its louder than ****. i think its too loud.

Sparks425Ex
10-21-2002, 05:03 PM
Personally Tc is the Loudest adn by far the best looking. A close Second is the Duncan and the Curtis Sparks X-6. All are loud but the Tc is the loudest and the Tc looks sweet.

400exrules
10-21-2002, 05:13 PM
who cares if youre pipe is loud, if someone complanes they can friggin move for all i care. .......... DMC's are loud i guess you could say and they sound AWESOME when theyre in idle its like THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

honda400exrider
10-21-2002, 05:27 PM
yellow machine, umm not to flame, but my yoshi was wayyyy louder than my brother e series, even with no discs and removed end thing... theres no wwaay its louder than both of them put together unless maybe they clogged the muffler or something....:p haha well, just a thought...

tprender
10-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Not to make anyone mad, but have you read what is going to happen in Calif starting Jan 1st? To ride in the state you must meet the 96 db rule. What start's in Calif in a few years will happen in the rest of the states. Look for in the next few years that at the MX tracks you will see some kind of sound testing. When is going to happen, I don't have any idea but it will happen. It look's like alot of us will be fixing up our exhaust if we want to race or play ride.

Dave400ex
10-21-2002, 05:52 PM
Don`t go for loud. I like how my TC sounds, but all of my neighbors have been complaining and it rattles their windows and a bunch of crap. I put the discs and end cap on and it didn`t help much at all. Time for a quiet core. I really don`t want to but I would rather ride then be loud. When I start racing I will open it back up.

mopar 400
10-21-2002, 05:57 PM
We have both the Duncan Fatboy 4 and a Sparks X6 right now. The Fatboy is louder by a tad, and both are louder than any t4, fmf, or white bros. I know from experience, I have run all of them... These two are also the best in the gains dept. as well.
Just my experience!

10-21-2002, 06:10 PM
look dude if u dont like how the tc mounts or looks u are crazy. peopel think my pipe is mouse when they see it but they are runnen as soon as i start it. the mounting is nice too i dont understand ware u get ur info from but uhhhhhh it isnt right. the reason it is short is for racing it has an advantage incase sombody runs into u it has less of a chanch it get bent or smashed. also my neighbores complane like he!! to so whare did u say i could get a quiet core i have been loking for a nice quier core but i dont know whare to get one .any info ould help thanks.

user101
10-21-2002, 06:34 PM
ow much did u pay for ur duncan fatboy

shamisc
10-21-2002, 08:00 PM
I agree with surfski, The Supertrapp IDS series sound awesome. I had one b4 I got my X-6 and I liked it. But I LOVE my X-6 !! :D

mopar 400
10-21-2002, 08:05 PM
I got it for a great deal from Duncan. I was running one of their older double barrel pipes and had problems with it after a year or so, so they hooked me up. The retail I believe is like 525 or so..

DEAL
10-21-2002, 08:24 PM
Cobras are awesome! nice and quiet , HUGE power increase :devil

ChadEXer
10-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
Personally Tc is the Loudest adn by far the best looking. A close Second is the Duncan and the Curtis Sparks X-6. All are loud but the Tc is the loudest and the Tc looks sweet.
I agree,,I really like my TC pipe!!! Its probably becasue mine is stroked so much too, but when I get on the throttle it makes me feel like Im having a heart attack!!! The TC pipe just has that deep rumble!!!

JabberJaw
10-22-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
ok, sorry to sound like a fag...

That's FAQ not FAG....

sandman
10-22-2002, 01:35 PM
Yoshi pipes are real loud i think

redrider ex
10-22-2002, 01:47 PM
could you take a pitcure of a side veiw of you pipe so i can see it better thanks

400RacerX
10-22-2002, 01:57 PM
go with the t-4 tha wha i have and i love the sound and the power. it sounds so nice when u jump on the gas and belive me people will here u comin.....

Dave400ex
10-22-2002, 06:16 PM
I haven`t found a Quiet Core yet, but I will let you know as soon as I do. My neighbors said they are gonna call the cops next time I ride on the road.

loganB
10-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Try a W-B whith a Snuffer not end cap.

10-22-2002, 06:33 PM
well i thought my neighbores were bad i guess not they have called the cops once but that was for like sommin else at my house not me. i think property lines or sommin not my fault. anyway i am gonna call tom at tc racing dues anybody have his number i thought i did but the website is down.

2 QuicK
10-22-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey mopar 400, i take it u have the full system but all i want is the exhaust. Ne idea's on how much just the exhuast is??

2 QuicK
10-22-2002, 08:20 PM
For the Duncan.

suck my pipe
10-22-2002, 09:53 PM
How much are the TC's they sound preaty good from what people say, do they have a spark arestor i ride a lot of woods i dont need any fire's LOL i also like the E-series and R4 oh yeah the LRD's are sweet to man when i get the money this is gonna be a hard choice to make :devil

RIDER11X
10-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Well I got the TC. I thought it looked stupid and mounted stupid before I bought it, but it is much nicer in person. Only other Pipes I would buy is a Sparks, Duncan, or LRD.

I'M CONSIDERING A TC BECAUSE THE PIPE ON MY OLD QUAD GOT HIT TWICE IN FIRST TURN TRAFFIC BECAUSE IT RAN ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK AS MOST DO. TC ELIMINATES THAT PROBLEM. I WILL POSSIBLY RUN DISKS ON THE TC AS THIS USUALLY GIVES MORE LOW END GRUNT ON SOME PIPES.
DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANY FRAME DRILLING TO MOUNT THE TC. IT APPEARS THAT YOU DIDN'T BUT I HEARD THAT THE TC REQUIRES IT.:cool:

ChadEXer
10-23-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I haven`t found a Quiet Core yet, but I will let you know as soon as I do. My neighbors said they are gonna call the cops next time I ride on the road.
Thats almost as bad as my neighbors!!! I live on a 4 lane highway(but a ways back from it) and my neighbors on the left did call the cops last time I rode out there,,,,so the next time i rode I went the other way,,,then the neighbors on that side called the laws on me!! Thank god the first time it was a city cop, and a sherriff the second time!!! Now all i can do is circles on my 5 acres!!! i went up there and got crazy with one of the neighbors, he has more trash than any redneck ive ever seen, and it all blows in my yard!! He throws his trash in his yard and cuts it with the lawn mower!! I thretened to call the health dept on him!!

10-23-2002, 01:20 PM
i dont know why but allot of people think iot is extreamly hard to install the tc. there is no frame drilling all u have to do is take the stock scliencer off . now is the part everybody thinks is "hard" u have to cut the headpipe exactly 5 1/2 inches off the headpipe and the cut must be straight if it is angeled the scliecer wont fit. i also suggest u dont get a tc for anything but racing for trails get somthing different because the noise leves is bad for neighbores. also it does come with a spark arrestor.

ChadEXer
10-23-2002, 03:05 PM
The TC pipe is very easy to install!!!

Dave400ex
10-23-2002, 03:32 PM
TC`s Number: 814-723-3514. I want to know what he says.

Yes I do like the design of the TC. I know that`s why a lot of the XC Racers run it. If it gets hit up there, you should be hurtin.

It is very easy to install. Take your headpipe off, which some say you have to remove the oil tank to do that. Cut 5 1/2 inches off the back of the headpipe, and then put it back on. After that get the TC together, but not real tight. Get it in place, check everything over and tighten it up. You should be good to go.

Now for Setups: I had been running nothing but the TC Open End Cap. I put all the SuperTrapp discs on with the TC. I felt a little more bottom end. Then I put the SuperTrapp discs and closed end cap setup on and noticed it wasn`t as good. I think the best is all the Discs with the TC Open End Cap. I will let you other Guys test and see also.

10-23-2002, 05:03 PM
well wariorman and chad exer i have to thanks you. you guys were the people who convinced me to get the tc racing scliencer and i could not be happier with it. i just ghot of the phone with tom and he said that there is no quier core insert and dont run the disks if u dont have to. he said t really restricts most of the air and if u want the most use the open end cap. i also had a conversation with him about the different kits avalible for the 400ex. he said the 425 is the best. he said his cam, the 425, and the lectron carb is about the best mx setup for the money. that is what illl be getting. but for now i am focusing on shocks. also his website will be up in about 2 weeks.

Dave400ex
10-23-2002, 06:44 PM
There is no Quiet Core? Now is he saying from him or from SuperTrapp? Wow. I don`t know what I will do if there is no Quiet Core. Guess my neighbors will stay mad. The discs and closed end cap he sends didn`t do anything for noise anyways. I put them on and it maybe dropped a decibal or 2 at the most. I like the discs with the end cap though. It seems to have more torque. Maybe you should try it and see what you think.

Yes he suggests a Wiseco 10.5:1 425 Piston, his XC or MX Cam, Lectron Carb, and his Pipe. Now for XC his setup is the 425 Piston, XC Cam, Pipe, and he said next step would be a Carb, but for the Woods he said he would choose a different Carb over the Lectron like the FCR. I will be getting his XC Setup some time. About time his Site comes up. I hope it is good. We will see.

10-23-2002, 06:52 PM
well i run the diks right now the only time i have the race cap is for mx races. yea he kinda laughed when i asked for a quiet core. he probly thinks i am a wimp or sommin. o well. he also got kinda mad when i heard that lectron crabs were junk he said they are the best in the bisnuess and have been for liek 7 years. well i need to get elka suspention and than on the the 425! i cant wate

Dave400ex
10-23-2002, 06:58 PM
I think I will have to call and talk to Tom!

10-23-2002, 07:21 PM
yea he told me no quiet core avaible for that scliencer

Dave400ex
10-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Well then my neighors will have to get used to it I guess. I am still gonna call and check. Ask about a Motor setup too. lol

ChadEXer
10-24-2002, 08:20 AM
Tom didnt send me any discs or anything with my pipe!! I guess he knows I wouldnt use them! Tom stresses that the Lectron is the best! Only thing is you have to get it right and keep it right! Its actually real easy to set a lectron carb,,,the hard part is finding the right setting!!! I think I got my carb pretty close,,,the only thing is it doesnt want to idle,,but with drag racing thats not really a big deal,,,it wont be idling much anyway!!