PDA

View Full Version : how is the lt in the woods?

AJ's Blaster
05-31-2007, 04:36 AM
i have been looking into getting a 450 and the lt seems like it may be the best. however you don't hear much about it in the woods only on the track. so how do you guys like your lt for the woods, is it too wide is the power good. I also like to hillclimb but all teh magazines say it has no bottom end. any help would be appreciated thanks.

DVXracer
05-31-2007, 05:57 AM
Personally for me it does okay in the woods when im trail riding but i race motocross .. and it has ungodly power including the bottom end .

Legend_XL
05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I ride mine mostly in the woods with a few trips in the sand. It does ok. It is a bit wide, but most of the trails that I ride are wide enough to get through. I have not had to turn back yet. You will want to up the tire sizes to get a littl more clearance and add an aftermarked swingarm skid plate. The stock ones arent made for trail riding. Overall it is a good trail bike.

AJ's Blaster
05-31-2007, 10:49 AM
would you get any other 450 in place of it or is it basically like the perfect 450?

Legend_XL
05-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I have limited experience with the 450 quads (I have a couple 450 dirtbikes) being this is my first one. I have ridden my buddies trx450r and I like the feel of the LTR alot better. The throttle response due to the fuel injection is awesome. It climbs hills with ease. My buddies trx has a tough time keeping up in alot of situations. You have to remember the ltr was made for motocross but with a few minor mods (ie bigger tires, 13 t front sporcket, skid plate, cherry bomb, removed exhaust baffle, and removed air box lid) you will have a bike that your friends will be jealous of. Overall it is a great bike and I would recommend it to anyone.

strubby
05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
I'd say I'm about 50/50 woods/track. Track, I'd get no other. Woods, after 22/20 tires (already had them from the Z) and 13T front, along with CB, its great. Some trails are tight, but it's nimble enough to keep pace. So, if you ride in different situations like me, it's great. And hills, well after gearing it, I fly up anything. I'm happy with my choice, but there are more 450's coming out. Who knows what the options will be.

sico6suz450
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
I ride about 80% woods and 20% dunes. For me the LT-R is awesome!! without the cherry bomb its not to spectacular but when you get one it really wakes it up. mine is really wide especially because I got different offset wheels on the front and rear. Skid plates are a must if you will be riding in any rough terrain. If you buy the LT-R you will not be disappointed believe me.