PDA

View Full Version : Photography section

QuadJunkies
05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
With all the new cameras that are now avail. and so many riders also taking interest in photography, I thought it would be cool to have a separate section devoted to members who could show off there favorite shots,post some tutorials -maybe a little on photoshop ect...so that others can learn more about how to get the most out of there cameras ect...

What do you think? :)

TRUE
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
ATVriders is an ATV forum, if we have a photography section we wouldn't be aloud to post links to other photography sites, which cause this site to be in competition to both ATV sites and photography sites.
I personally think it is a good idea, but I truly doubt Admin will add the section.

Pappy
06-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by TRUE
ATVriders is an ATV forum, if we have a photography section we wouldn't be aloud to post links to other photography sites, which cause this site to be in competition to both ATV sites and photography sites.
I personally think it is a good idea, but I truly doubt Admin will add the section.

While you are correct in the fact we are an ATV site, currently all links regarding photography are allowed and will be into the future. I highly doubt a photography section will be added, as it is not our goal to promote photography on the site as a learning tool. Infact, soon we will be requiring those submitting photographs to meet certain criteria for event coverage and articles. While we love pictures, we are taking them to the next level when ever the site is involved and snap shots wont cut it for our future. This wont affect the normal posting of pictures, only to those contributing to the sites coverage.

QuadJunkies
06-01-2007, 10:44 AM
I always thought that most everyone who does the race Coverage on the site gets great photos...

I guess Ill be hearing more info on this .

Well, I thought it was a cool idea non the less.
Oh well.

JOEX
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
What about the 'journalist' section, dosen't that kinda fit? Not sure if it's open for everyone to post though...