PDA

View Full Version : Should i take a job at the dealership?

400exrider989
05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
well the yamaha/suzuki/kawi dealership offered me a job.
we have spent atleast 16 000 $ there and the guy knows im only 14, i get along with everybody there. They want me to be the oil changer and inspector or somewhat. i know what i am doing i am mechanically inclined for a 14 year old i have already went through my banshee and always messing with stuff just fo fun.

should i take this as a first job? working the summer?
i wish to be a mechanic later on in life but one that gets paid good.
is this a good way to start?

nosliw
05-30-2007, 11:16 PM
HELL-YES

take the damn job, get some real life experience, and have some fun.

sounds perfect for you.

danLTR450
05-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Don't even know why your askin..

take the job

MO-EX-RIDER
05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
GET ALL THE EXPERIENCE YOU CAN GET NOW...IT WILL PAY IN THE LONG RUN:D

NPelletier
05-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by danLTR450
Don't even know why your askin..

take the job

if you dont take it I will

HB416EX
05-31-2007, 05:41 PM
It would be a great learning experience and you would earn cash.WHAT"S YOUR PROBLEM:confused:

400exrider989
05-31-2007, 05:57 PM
well thing is i go camping almost everyweekend so do you think i would be a week day kinda job?
my dad said its probably a weekend type job

parkers30
05-31-2007, 06:02 PM
None of us know, go talk to the guy who offered you the job and find out the specifics. Sounds like a good opportunity.

250r4life
05-31-2007, 06:54 PM
no offense to you 400ex guy, but this is exactly why i would never take my bike to the dealership, and dont take it to the bike shops either...

a- you get raped cuz theyre charging you $70 an hour when theyre paying a 14 year old kid $7 an hour
b- the quality of the work... and im not trying to single you out 400ex, you may be competent, but there are a lot of imcompetent people out there, adults and teens... i dont let any adult touch my bike, and i certainly wouldnt let some jr high kid...

my88r
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
no offense to you 400ex guy, but this is exactly why i would never take my bike to the dealership, and dont take it to the bike shops either...

a- you get raped cuz theyre charging you $70 an hour when theyre paying a 14 year old kid $7 an hour
b- the quality of the work... and im not trying to single you out 400ex, you may be competent, but there are a lot of imcompetent people out there, adults and teens... i dont let any adult touch my bike, and i certainly wouldnt let some jr high kid...

theres some good shops out there they are not all bad. sounds like a good job thats what kind of job i want when i grauduate in a few weeks to see if thats what i want to do.

07250ex
05-31-2007, 07:58 PM
idunno about you but i love being in dealerships i love being around quads and bikes that wuld be an awesome job for me

450rRacer22
05-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life

dude he wasnt asking why or why not you would take your bike to a dealership give him a break. im 17 and woul frickin LOVE to work in a dealership but it just doesnt happen around here unless ya know some peeps or i guess like you did and give them really good business. i wouldnt pass this up man this is a good way to get your foot in the door and its gonna help you a crap ton later down the road especially bcuz you want to be a mechanic. it will be a great experience and you'll learn a lot. just talk to them more about it like the other guys said and just see what exactly you would be doing and what kind of hours you would be working. good luck man