PDA

View Full Version : making small jumps

mod440ex
05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
i am wanting to build a small double, about 6-8ft, over a little creek. one side is a little lower than the other, but we go both ways when riding. what the easiest way to build some good jumps, and i cant get any big equipment down to it.

Ruby Soho
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
get a friend, bring down 2 spade shovels and 2 flat shovels, pile some rocks where you want the jump, put alot of dirt over them, carv it out, then do it again but move it over on the other side

Xater
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
well you could start digging with a shovel or just make a little bridge over it. i made a 9' bridge out of pallets and 2x6s, it works nice.

nosliw
05-30-2007, 07:18 PM
i rented a cat skidsteer a few weekends ago and make a killer set of jumps down by a creek.

they are small, and tracked. that means they go anywhere.

rollie
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
just get a buddy and start digging! its going to take longer than you think, but it will pay off, if you can get a big long log and lie it in the ground 3-4 inches down and pile dirt on top of it, it will work good, try to use clay or hardpacked dirt for the top layers so they wont need as much maintence.

mod440ex
05-31-2007, 04:41 AM
im telling you there is no way to get any kind of skid loader, bobcat, or any other kind of small macinery that cant get some momentum down to this spot. i think i will be making some phone calls to some friends. we are wanting to get some air over the creek, we had just been riding through it, but i got my kfx450r and am wanting to air it out a little. i will get some pics so you can see what i am dealing with