PDA

View Full Version : Finally got mine!!!

450raider
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
i finally got a white kfx450 today for7500 OTD (best i could find around here) and am still in the adjusting phase and boy it sure does feel different coming off a honda, buit i do have one question it has a little trouble starting and when i turn the key it hums, what is that?, it doesnt really bother me but i just wanna know what it is and can you try to start it while its humming? or do you have to wait?

thanks

QUADROOKIE
05-30-2007, 03:16 PM
LOL! The "humming" is the fuel pump priming itself. Wait for it to stop. Also when its new, and especially cold, you may need to pull out the "choke" knob. It acts as a cold-start asist. After a few hours get on it it will start easier and easier.

Yee-Haw_400EX
05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
LOL @ the humming. Thats the fuel pump man. How did you think the FI gets its fuel?

QUADROOKIE
05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
The "choke" knob is the idle adjust knob. On the left side tucked way back up in there. Kinda hard to get at until you know where it is.

mod440ex
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
make sure when you are starting it that you DONT push on the throttle

450raider
05-30-2007, 05:29 PM
no im not hard on the gas or nothin i just didnt know if you could turn the key and gun it or wait the 5-9 sec., and i just got back from a small ridin trip and i quote from my first post "it feels NOTHING like the honda" its deffinatley gonna take some gettin used to. oh before i forget is there a "cherry bomb" like mod out yet? let the kawasaki revolution begin :D

thanks

QUADROOKIE
05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
You can ride it as hard as you want. What he means is if you touch the throttle while trying to start it there is a cut-out switch that won't let it start.

There is not nor is there a plan for any cherrybomb type mod. You have to buy a FI controller if you pipe it. Kinda sucks but that is how they did it.

mod440ex
05-31-2007, 04:30 AM
you can get alot more adjustment out of an efi controller and more than likely the peopl w/ ltrs will end up buying an efi controller because they are just for lightly modded engines

450raider
05-31-2007, 11:20 AM
alright next question, how do i get the black fenders off? i got started to and took the screws out but i dont know about those clip or stud lookin things firstly how do they come off? and can i just go to the kawi dealer and get a box of them in case you have to break em off?

KiKxKFX
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Congrats on your purchase! Where in East TN are you located? I'm in chattanooga & thinking of taking a trip to oak ridge soon. :)

450raider
05-31-2007, 05:16 PM
kikxkfx im about an hour north of knoxville, i never knew oak ridge had any ridin spots although i was thinkin of checking out that "mountain mx" place somewhere around sweetwater have you ever been there?

KiKxKFX
06-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I wasn't aware of any place near sweetwater to ride. I'll ask around the local riders and find out. :)

I'm not sure of the name of the mountain in oak ridge. I think it was called bear mountain.. I had to survey a site on top of it for some turbines a while back. There were a lot of quads up there and many trails too. I'm not sure of the cost to ride, but I don't think it was bad for a year membership.

450raider
06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
hey kikxkfx, i just saw another comercial about it themountainmx.com i about to check it out.

and as for the fenders, i really like the ease of those honda clips so does anyone know if anyone makes a smaller similar ones to fit in those littlew holes in the front fenders?
thanks

450raider
06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
a pic of my kfx and a friends 450r, ill post more in anothrer thread if this works,