PDA

View Full Version : DRX 50's carb ?

dblacks
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Has it been an option at all on the DRX 50's to get a keihin carb?

I know it was originally the 16mm oko and then also the 21mm oko but has there been a Keihin and if so what size?

DRR has a 21mm Keihin listed in the parts list.

thanks

bulldogfallon
05-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Keihin carbs are not ATVA legal for stock limited

dblacks
05-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks, I am aware of that. I am not worried about ATVA rules at this time.

but I am trying to get a clarification on this as some have said it was and some have said it wasn't available.

I am also aware that the 90 limited had or still has the option of the oko 24 or the Keihin 24, I am specifically talking about the 50 DRX's

i was told 2 different things yesterday

thanks

bulldogfallon
05-30-2007, 02:13 PM
As far as I know it has never been an option from DRR

Only the Mikuni 16mm or OKO 21mm carbs on the 50

If it was I would have ordered my quads that way

Some people have started that rumor, but as far as I know it is not available from DRR as an option

The DRR limited is a regular DRX90 that is modified in the U.S. and ships into the U.S. with an OKO carb

dblacks
05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Well then now for the big Question,

Who has a 21 oko and intake instock for the DRX 50 since DRR doesn't yet and they may have some later this week but maybe not?

bulldogfallon
05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
If you can't find one then I may be able to pull one off of a new unit

Keep me posted on your luck finding one

Andyman17dad
05-31-2007, 06:28 AM
I was told that there was some 50's that came with Keihin's and then AMA stepped in and said that they weren't legal so DRR stopped using/selling them.
But that there was some out there for a while. (If so....it would be legal to use a Keihin here in the NEATV-MX series, because we are not AMA sanctioned)
It seems like every batch of bikes that comes in has something different on them.
Which is great that they keep upgrading, but it makes it tough to keep up with.

I am still surprised that Apex hasn't jumped in on this 50 action yet, or are they working on that?

Nichols Atvs
05-31-2007, 06:47 AM
I called apex 6 months ago and talked with them and he said he was not going to bring in 50s but mayby with the epa changes going on they might. The 50 never came with a keihin on it nor was it a option

dblacks
05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
DRR never had the Keihin on the 50's

Problem came as it was found by some in DRR's parts list with a part # under the DRX 50

DRR has posted on their website that it never came on the DRX 50's

Interesting thou that some of the 90's came with a 24mm Keihin from DRR

bulldogfallon
05-31-2007, 12:09 PM
The 90s with the Keihin carb we modded in the U.S. by a DRR dealer.....

The loop hole for stock add ons for "some" local tracks is that if DRR offers it as an option on the price list, then it can added to the quad and run in "some" local stock classes.

Doesn't mean the quad was ever really offered that way...

dblacks
05-31-2007, 08:51 PM
exactly the problem

It is in the parts list and created confusion about weather it was just available to order for the DRX 50 or if it had come on a DRX 50 at some point.

I know of a 90 DRX that came out of the crate with a 24 mm Keihin carb on it, would it have been modded by the dist. or DRR before sent to the dealer?