PDA

View Full Version : Someone tried to break into my garage last night

sly400ex
05-30-2007, 07:11 AM
About 9:30 last night I went to go throw my golf clubs in the garage so that no one would break into my vehicle and steal them. Just as I step out my door on to the patio, a black m f'er with a big breaker/ crow bar is wrenching at my door. I was completely caught off guard by this. I scream "Hey mohter f'er, what the ***" I chased him threw a couple of neighbors yards, but we were in a very dark area where I couldn't see very well and he turned and raised the bar on me. That's when I stopped. He took off again after that.

What really pisses me off and freaks me out aside from the fact that I could've lost quite a few things by being stolen, is what if I would have gone out there a minute later, or even worse my girlfriend with my daughter and the thug was in my garage. I know if I went outside and see my garage was broken into, I would have immediately gone in to see the damage. The ******* could have still been in there and used that bar on me. I mean come on, what morals does someone have that would try to break in a very well lighten area (my backyard /patio) at 9:30 at night? Probably someone that has nothing to lose and would do whatever it takes to get away, that's what scares me. Sorry this is a bit long, but I have never encoutered anything quite like this at my home, a place that is suppose to safe.:ermm:

ATV Chic
05-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Wow that's scarry:scary: I think it's time to start packin a lil heat. That's messed up.:ermm: I hope it's the last and only time sumthin like that happens!:grr:

Aceman
05-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Time for a security system.

whiteboycustom
05-30-2007, 07:34 AM
that sucks, time to put up more lights and let the neighbors be aware that hommie g is in the area lookin to steal stuff, also add extra locks on the inside so he cant get in from the outside unless he tears a hole into the garage

NacsMXer
05-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Wow that's scarry:scary: I think it's time to start packin a lil heat. That's messed up.:ermm: I hope it's the last and only time sumthin like that happens!:grr:

I agree :mad: I would have grabbed my Beretta 92 with integrated laser and asked him to make my freakin day if he raised the bar on me like that :grr: Glad nothing got stolen but I would take this as a learning experience towards the future.

CRich[814]
05-30-2007, 07:43 AM
thats crazy stuff. get those motion sensored lights. watch out, they/he might actually come back. thats good you caught him though. ironic you went out so no one would steal your clubs, and someone was trying to steal your wheeler/car/etc.

ShiftFMX
05-30-2007, 07:44 AM
www.ebay.com

Item # 220117143288 :devil:

CRich[814]
05-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
www.ebay.com

Item # 220117143288 :devil:

thatd work. i think motion censored lights would scare them alot more and you might be able to see if they turn on. just make sure theres no cats running around.

whiteboycustom
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
sharks with freaking laser beams on there head

ShiftFMX
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by whiteboycustom
sharks with freaking laser beams on there head

You May have yourself a plan there...

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/519/dr_evil_1.jpg

sly400ex
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks for ebay find, I was thinking about the actual system, but heck, the decoy may be good enough.

NPelletier
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
your lucky he didnt get it but im sure hehad done damage b4 u got outside...hope you never see him again...:grr:

HB416EX
05-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Get a german shepherd.Blacks are scared of dogs.

Robin Hood
05-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Get a german shepherd.Blacks are scared of dogs.

Or deploy watermelon and KFC as a distraction....

In any case, that motion sensor would be your best bet.

JRP
05-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood

:p

05-30-2007, 05:13 PM
dam dude thats scary sh**. glad you didnt get hurt. hopefully he doesnt come back any time soon!!

HB416EX
05-30-2007, 05:31 PM

Around here they prefer Churchs;)

Robin Hood
05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Around here they prefer Churchs;)

Yeah... the community decided they might place a church like that about 10 minutes from where I live...

Yay.

07250ex
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
dude put a kool aid fountain in your front yard and maybe a kfc hut and get a German shepard they do hate dogs also start pumpin sum irons maybe report to the police say it was a black male between 2 and 8 feet tall lol jk but do talk to the police get a cop to park/sleep in your drive way at night

sakirocket28
05-31-2007, 11:20 PM
damn man, that sucks...iv had the same thing happen b4....

oh, and this thread jus got funny as s***! haha

parkers30
06-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah... the community decided they might place a church like that about 10 minutes from where I live...

Yay.

by Church's, he mean Church's Chicken, not the house of God kind.

Which 450?
06-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
thatd work. i think motion censored lights would scare them alot more and you might be able to see if they turn on. just make sure theres no cats running around.

make sure they are high up and accessible only with a high ladder. I have 4 sets of them in my backyard and i went out one night and all the bulbs were unscrewed, I went and put some chicken wire around them with self tapping screws and added another light, 1000 watts (2-500 watt bulbs) with an ultra sensitive sensor on it.

reptikes
06-01-2007, 02:58 PM
The only thing i see working would be cameras. You would atleast know who did it by catching them on camera. Lights, and Alarms ect. will not work, well depends on the perp. Purchase yourself a gun, and if they decide the real goods are in the house you have every reason to shoot someone in the face.

Be safe not sorry.

Ryan
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
damn , I see alot of racism on here. I've seen just as much low life scum bag white people, as I seen black people. And I know some african americans visit this site, and I don't think the racism is ok on this site.

csimp3
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
a surveilance camera or two and a small recorder isnt gonna cost you that much, im lookin at buying a house right now, and thats one of the things i plan to install eventually is a camera setup, even though i live in a pretty safe area, its always good to know you have it, plus the peace of mind helps

whiteboycustom
06-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
damn , I see alot of racism on here. I've seen just as much low life scum bag white people, as I seen black people. And I know some african americans visit this site, and I don't think the racism is ok on this site.

i just see it as racial profiling not so much racist

450rJam
06-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I wired 4 horn/strobes (they are the crazy loud flashing fire warning type from an old store) to a motion switch inside my garage, then put a switch in the house to arm/disarm the motion sensor.

I tested it once (I couldnt hear for 10 min) and the flashes where not in sinc. so it was like a lightning storm in the garage.
DID I MENTION IT WAS LOUD !!!

even if im not home the whole block will know something is up.
and you will not want to be in there for 10 seconds.

sly400ex
06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
I wired 4 horn/strobes (they are the crazy loud flashing fire warning type from an old store) to a motion switch inside my garage, then put a switch in the house to arm/disarm the motion sensor.

I tested it once (I couldnt hear for 10 min) and the flashes where not in sinc. so it was like a lightning storm in the garage.
DID I MENTION IT WAS LOUD !!!

even if im not home the whole block will know something is up.
and you will not want to be in there for 10 seconds.

Not a bad idea!

It's still bothering me though, I've actaully been pretty restless lately.:ermm:

Why did ge pick my house and what did he want? I don't have my 4 wheeler out that much, plus my truck was in front of the main door.

It bothers me that someone would do that at 9:30 at night in a fairly well lighten area. What if he/ they come in my house next where my one year old daughter and girlfriend live and myself. This is just bothering me.

I definately have that violated feeling about the whole thing.

Ryan
06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by whiteboycustom
i just see it as racial profiling not so much racist

Nothing wrong with the things you have said in this thread.

Basically, the first post was maybe racial profiling, but some of the nonsense after that is just sterotypical. And im not gonna say im mr. Perfect when it comes to racism, or sterotypes. But when I think about this site being open to all people and members, I can see someone getting affended by it.

Like I said before, Im not an anti raciest. I have my thoughts and beliefs... As this thread does not affend me. But I think, for certain others, it can hurt and affend some people. JMO

DVXracer
06-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Last summer my garage was broken into, all they got was my decked out CRF50 which i had a lot of money into but i could of lost more like my quads .. but just last month i was sitting on my neighbors back pourch when we noticed 5 black ****ers walking along my fence (i live in a all white neighborhood so we knew they wernt suppose to be there) we siad get out of the neighborhood and they called my neighbor a cocksucker so we started chashing them, my neighbor grabbed a golf club and whipped it at one of them and hit him right in the back while they were running after they got out of the neighborhood we stopped chasing, but ill do anything inmy power to stop this from happening again .

mx1791
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
wow thats scary. my german shepherd would have just let the guy break in lol. the black ppl/kids in my neighborhood (all the races actually, and theres alot.) are idk, pretty upper class i guess you could say? you know, with good manners, etc.. and really nice.

DVXracer
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
wow thats scary. my german shepherd would have just let the guy break in lol. the black ppl/kids in my neighborhood (all the races actually, and theres alot.) are idk, pretty upper class i guess you could say? you know, with good manners, etc.. and really nice.

Well thats kinda why theres no black people in my neighborhood, not saying blacks cant be upper class but the homes in my neighborhood compared to the homes in the neighborhood next to mine sell for a lot more, and all the people moving in the neighborhood next to mine (lakewood falls:rolleyes: ) are moving down from chicago and they still think its "gangster" out here, and dont call me rasist, i have black friends, i just dont like "gangster" people and people who think there all hard when there not .

mephyst
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Last summer my garage was broken into, all they got was my decked out CRF50 which i had a lot of money into but i could of lost more like my quads .. but just last month i was sitting on my neighbors back pourch when we noticed 5 black ****ers walking along my fence (i live in a all white neighborhood so we knew they wernt suppose to be there) we siad get out of the neighborhood and they called my neighbor a cocksucker so we started chashing them, my neighbor grabbed a golf club and whipped it at one of them and hit him right in the back while they were running after they got out of the neighborhood we stopped chasing, but ill do anything inmy power to stop this from happening again .

That is pretty brave of your neighbor. Personally, if I was with my friends and someone had a club ready to hit me or any one of my friends I would have beat your neighbors @$$ like he wouldn't believe. What were they doing, walking along your property line but not going on it? So what... totally legal. And if your neighbor told me to get lost I would have said the same thing.

I hate racists and people who think there aren't scumbags in every race.

DVXracer
06-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
That is pretty brave of your neighbor. Personally, if I was with my friends and someone had a club ready to hit me or any one of my friends I would have beat your neighbors @$$ like he wouldn't believe. What were they doing, walking along your property line but not going on it? So what... totally legal. And if your neighbor told me to get lost I would have said the same thing.

I hate racists and people who think there aren't scumbags in every race.

First of all, one was already hopped the fence in my yard, and my neighbor was a body builder and hes still huge as **** and his brother sean was there too and hes just as big, those kids took of like hell i bet they **** them selfs, and i dont think you could beat his *** and for the record im not a rasist .

DVXracer
06-01-2007, 08:57 PM
And im not trying to be a total dickhead, i get agrivated when i talk bout this because i had alot of money in that bike and worked hard to buy it and someone was ignorent enough to break in my garage and take it, it makes me sick !!

And i dont think theres ONE person on this site that would let there toys go that they worked for and paid for without a fight .

orca0294
06-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I live fairly close by. My cousins used to live in unincorporated woodridge right near lemont where the flea market and many larger factories and warehouses have now been placed. They had several encounters with people stealing there bikes, quads, or anything from their garage. They got off with a yz426 and a kx125 a few years ago.

450rJam
06-02-2007, 06:05 AM
stop with the "one of them" jumped my fence and all the blacks stuff.

all the atv thefts around my area that have been caught have been PEOPLE between 18 and 30 with lower incomes and lower educations.

do what you can to make it a pain in the arse to take your property, bells/whistles, guard dogs, chains and locks, etc.

but bottom line is............if they want it bad enough they will get it

I dont wash mine in the front yard, I dont leave them on the trailer in the drive way, I dont leave the keys in them when they are locked up in the garage with my security system.
I use to use cables to lock them up inside garage also.

get some insurance so that you are covered

DVXracer
06-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
stop with the "one of them" jumped my fence and all the blacks stuff.

all the atv thefts around my area that have been caught have been PEOPLE between 18 and 30 with lower incomes and lower educations.

do what you can to make it a pain in the arse to take your property, bells/whistles, guard dogs, chains and locks, etc.

but bottom line is............if they want it bad enough they will get it

I dont wash mine in the front yard, I dont leave them on the trailer in the drive way, I dont leave the keys in them when they are locked up in the garage with my security system.
I use to use cables to lock them up inside garage also.

get some insurance so that you are covered

I meant "one of them" as in one of the 5 kids, and yes now we have everything in our garage insured and everythings locked up with cables that connect to metal posts in the ground, they arnt going anywhere now .

Predator Slim
06-02-2007, 06:41 AM
I am very touchy when it comes to my garage. I won't allow my son's friends to go in. Not that I don't trust them, I just don't want anyone in my garage.
It sits right behind my house and my dog goes off if anyone is in the yard, day or night. If someone does get into this country boy's garage, they won't walk out. I have no reservations about launching a few deer slugs, into a thief. I could care less what color they are or their age.

quads14589
06-02-2007, 07:34 AM
i would get a guard or attack dog to keep in your garage, or just buy a gun.

Which 450?
06-02-2007, 08:00 AM
funny how some people on here are talking about shooting a burglar, 1st off, the chances of you catching them are slim to none, 2nd of all, if they have a gun they are gonna shoot back, finally, if you do shoot them, they will sue you till you have nothing left. One of my riding buddies was murdered 2 years ago when some black kids tried stealing his dirt bike.

Ghost-Rider
06-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Get a concealed carry pistol, and which450, if you shoot a person while their robbing you they arent going to sue you and if you shoot them they cant shoot back,assuming you didnt shoot them in the foot.

450rJam
06-02-2007, 10:20 AM
if you shoot, you better kill them.

dead people are alot less trouble in the court system.

I would hold them till the law got there, unless they need killed.

Honda400exrox
06-02-2007, 11:52 AM
you should get a lion, anyone can get past a dog but nobody ****s with a lion

Grandmas boy LOL:blah:

ZeroLogic
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
you should get a lion, anyone can get past a dog but nobody ****s with a lion

Grandmas boy LOL:blah:

Best movie ever!:devil:

Quad18star
06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
This guy must have been able to see at one time or another something that was in your garage. Usually a thief will know what they're going after , and not just break into random garages and look for stuff.

Your best bet , invest in some security stickers and signs ... it helps to deter thieves. They won't chance it to set off alarms ... they'll move onto to soemwhere else instead .

We have signs on the house and garage .... maybe we have an alarm system , maybe we don't .... nobody has ever tried to figure it out yet , but both my neighbours on either side of our house have been broken into in the last 10 years. I'm positive the signs prevented a theft.

It also helps that my parents dog won't let anyone into the yard . He may look nice and cuddly ( collie mix) and he's not very big ... but get within a few feet of him and he'll make you chit your pants . Half the time he barks , growls and goes crazy when I pull into the yard or if I even try and go close the the truck when he's in it. I know he won't bite me or any of my family , but I always tell my friends to call before hand so that I can go hold onto him when they come over .

We'll leave for a full day ( 6 am , come back at midnight) and leave the garage door wide open ... we got thousands of dollars worth of tools , my dad's classic car , the Grizzly , a snowmobile and other stuff just sitting there , but the dog is tied up in front of the garage on a rope long enough for him to reach all entrances. Noone has ever walked away with anything . :devil:

sly400ex
06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm probably going to get some ADT stickers and signs, motion sensor the garage with a buzzer and strobe and also get an alarm system for the entire house. I'm working on some Fort Knox security here!:macho

450rJam
06-03-2007, 12:51 PM
you really are lucky, the bad feelings you have are going to improve the protection for you and your family and you didnt end up losing anything.

Which 450?
06-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Get a concealed carry pistol, and which450, if you shoot a person while their robbing you they arent going to sue you and if you shoot them they cant shoot back,assuming you didnt shoot them in the foot.

you cant carry concealed weapons in some states