PDA

View Full Version : Looking to maybe try something new

z400rida44
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
i have an 04 yfz right now and i love it, but ive been thinking about trying something new. i have two options, trade in the yfz and get a newer 450, or keep the yfz and get a nice 2 stroke quad, i have been wondering about either a banshee or 250r. i just ride around my house which is woods, alot of open fields, some small jumps, and country roads. i rode a 2stroke dirtbike recently and i love the feeling of the powerband kicking in. what im wondering is which one of these would better fit my needs. Which one is truely quicker with basic mods. I know that the 250r is supposed to have better handling, but do u think that the banshees is really that bad

05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
open area, get a banshee!! but anything else, get a nice 250r!!! you will love a ported big bore 250r,all nice and extended :D

CRich[814]
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
id get the R. its a honda.

but the shee has dual everything. so that means you have a double chance of something breaking. dual cylinders, dual carbs, dual pipes, etc. the shee will be faster, but it wont rev like the R would.

z400rida44
05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
well i was originally thinking 250r, because of the superior handling, but my only worry is that the newest one i could find would be an 89, and that just seems so old, lol, i guess i just want to get the one that is the easiest to maintain, which i know both arent the easiest. which one tends to be more reliable with the basic mods.

Ryan
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
You can get a good condition 250r for cheep. Just about all of them have the basic mods, plus alot more. They are real fast and fun to ride.

On the banshee, they are real fast, and gotta love the sound of it. I noticed on a stock banshee, there is almost no low end power. They are not easy to manuever around in the air, (more weight, heavy front end).

I personally would get a nice built 250r. Just make sure you get one thats been taking care of, with alot of new parts... jmo

05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
If you arent apposed to getting a bike, try and find a CR500. If a 250 put a smile on your face, a 500 will put a wet spot in your britches. :devil:

z400rida44
05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
yea thats what im worried about, most of the 250rs around here look to have been beaten pretty good. i dont want something that im going to have to spend alot of time working on. which one would u guys say is simpler to wrench on? and do u think that aftermarket parts are becoming hard to find for these?

zack221
05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I would say the 250r would be cheaper and easier to work on because the banshee has dual carbs,dual pipes and dual cylinders.So if you wanted to jet a banshee you would have to jet both carbs or if you wanted to rebuild the topend on a banshee you would have to buy two pistons.