View Full Version : decision time... opinions welcomed

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
well i rescently been thinking of dropping the sport of quad racing and getting rid of my quad for a motorcycle, i guess its time for me to start thinking about my future, well 1 me and my fiance have been living together for sometime now and things are great, just money gets tight every once in a while, and how i see it is i spend around about 400 a month on racing alone, with gas races fees, oil and filters, filter cleaner, and then i turn around to pay a $154 quad payment and 100 trailer payment (6x12 enclosed), so how i see it is if i get rid of both thats about $654 saved each month, and how gas prices have been on the rise i think it would be in my favor to own a motorcycle, ive ridin them before so i wouldnt have a problem with owning one, just a little confused on what to do, like i said any opinions are welcomed and thanks in advance for taking time to read and post

05-29-2007, 07:18 PM
no

05-29-2007, 07:18 PM
sure go ahead and sell your quad, youll have a much fatter wallet in the end. And you can alwasy get back into it when you get a bit more money

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
sure go ahead and sell your quad, youll have a much fatter wallet in the end. And you can alwasy get back into it when you get a bit more money

thats exactly what i was thinking im just looking out for my future

and gabe if i do get out of it and descide to get back into it you know what quad i would go with ;)

yamaha250f
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda86

x2.....

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:26 PM
ya its just a really hard and stressful situation, ive came along pretty far with the mx world of quad racing, i guess you can say im an above average rider, not being the best in the world and probably never gonna be close to what i wanna do with the sport due to time and $$$ any one else been put in this kind of situation?

05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
just start winnin some pro races so you make money racing :blah: haha

csimp3
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
so your gonna sell your stuff, try to pay off your loan for that stuff, then make payments on a motorcycle? which wont be as much as your paying to race and stuff right now, but how much are you gonna miss it? i sold my dirtbike and atv cause i needed money once, then i turned around and spent twice as much to get a new quad cause i missed the sport

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by #101
just start winnin some pro races so you make money racing :blah: haha

kinda hard when you have a 14 year old kid that get to ride on his own practice track every day when he gets outta school :) and when there is only 2 pro riders at each race kinda hard to make the green haha

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by csimp3
so your gonna sell your stuff, try to pay off your loan for that stuff, then make payments on a motorcycle? which wont be as much as your paying to race and stuff right now, but how much are you gonna miss it? i sold my dirtbike and atv cause i needed money once, then i turned around and spent twice as much to get a new quad cause i missed the sport

thats another thought that popped into mind, kinda hoping the motorcycle would take over the missing of quad racing

05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
3 pros before long :D

csimp3
05-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
thats another thought that popped into mind, kinda hoping the motorcycle would take over the missing of quad racing

nope, it doesnt, cause i had my gsxr still, and it didnt take its place

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by csimp3
nope, it doesnt, cause i had my gsxr still, and it didnt take its place

dang haha wish there was some way to do both lol i need to start playing the loto

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by #101
3 pros before long :D

haha

honda4life72
05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
dang i would hate to see u get out of the sport , i never talked to u but have seen stuff on here from when u just started until u got to were u are now , and that didn't seem to take long lol

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
dang i would hate to see u get out of the sport , i never talked to u but have seen stuff on here from when u just started until u got to were u are now , and that didn't seem to take long lol

haha ya thats another thing thats got me by the balls haha its just one thing i wish never woulda popped in mind lol, but this past saturday day i took a nasty spill having the quad run over me, then a buddy goes over in the same day, and then it dont stop my brother took a real nasty spill having the quad running him over after going head first in the ground, and it just got me thinkin how much more can i take and there is that "what if"

quad2xtreme
05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
switch to a dirt bike...Lord only knows that bikes are highly favored in NC. :) You can get a bike that is race ready off the show room floor...maybe a set of bars and the shocks redone for you. You can get rid of the trailer and go with a trailer hitch mount rack.

Stop racing and just ride and have fun.

Sell the quad, sell the trailer, stop paying racing fees.

Good Luck in whatever you decide. It really is a personal choice.

JJs450r
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
switch to a dirt bike...Lord only knows that bikes are highly favored in NC. :) You can get a bike that is race ready off the show room floor...maybe a set of bars and the shocks redone for you. You can get rid of the trailer and go with a trailer hitch mount rack.

Stop racing and just ride and have fun.

Sell the quad, sell the trailer, stop paying racing fees.

Good Luck in whatever you decide. It really is a personal choice.

haha thanks :) but im not much of a dirtbike rider, ive tried before and im not the best in the world i had a hard time even gettin started haha, but about givin up racng that would be the hole point in me gettin a bike

JJs450r
05-30-2007, 06:27 AM
after a late night of soul searching on what i think would be right im still at a dead end :-/

wishmasstir
05-30-2007, 06:42 AM
i left the sport a few times, doctors orders and all. my longest was for 3 years ... but i still came back :D try out the bike and if its not what you want then get another quad down the road

JJs450r
05-30-2007, 06:49 AM
ya im thinkin finacially(sp) and how i see it is if i get the bike that money in the pocket

JJs450r
05-30-2007, 10:15 AM
i guess i made up my mind imma go ahead and get the bike and maybe next summer have a lil money saved up for another quad probly a ktm or ltr

05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
so your joining the dark side? :eek:

honda8&3
05-30-2007, 03:51 PM
quit racin for a little while and buy an on off dirt bike, so that way you can ride and use it as an everyday vehicle. And god knows that it will cost less than a brand new motorcycle, maybe go with like a 450 on off from ktm if u got the money for it, or a zook 400

05-30-2007, 03:53 PM
just get a little 80cc dirtbike so you can at least ride....then when you have some money saved up, get back into racing

JJs450r
05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
thats my plan im not quiting racing completly i will still be out there on weekends unlike phillip, but it just came down to money i dont have to keep doing something i really love, no since in keepin the quad if im not racing, i mean i know i will be back and im thinking of making the switch from honda to suzuki when the come back is time, but i went and looked at bikes today and the two that caught my eye were the gsxr 750 and kawi 1000