PDA

View Full Version : Cernic's Racing 1st to have Kickstarts in Stock

racerx573
05-29-2007, 01:38 PM
We will be receiving 100 of these kits.

We're going to be the first to have them in stock a few weeks ahead of everyone else.

Price is $400. Call to pre-order.

Available for pre-order on our website

www.cernicsracing.com

TWISTED DINLI
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
thats pretty cool.

jherbie28
05-29-2007, 04:45 PM
what is all involved in installing a kick start?

Trx250rider86
05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
any more details about these kits

racerx573
05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
You must run the stock wiring. Aftermarket electronics will not work.

" *
Available for Pre-Order. Ships on June 12th 2007

Eliminate the bulk and weight of your LT-R 450's electric start system.

No battery needed! Comes with everything you need to install on your LT-R.

Special Note: The kit will only work with the Stock wiring harness and ECU. Yoshimura will Release a PIM unit that will work with the Kickstart. You can then trade in your old (Electric start) PIM Unit for a new one, which will be available at a later date. There will also be a trade in program, to trade in your (Electric start PIM) and recieve some money off the new (kick start) PIM. Cernic's will provide further details as they are released."

gibson400ex
05-30-2007, 12:22 PM
i will definetly be ordering one

spanky101
05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
This is a great deal, I sure hope power commander comes out with a map or electrical bypass so you can run the kicker with a powercommander

DVXracer
05-31-2007, 06:01 AM
I seen these on eBay, i might buy one soon .

gimp419
05-31-2007, 09:38 AM
How much weight does it save? How did they get the FI to work without a battery?

rob-u/21
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
So the only way to use this kit is with Yoshi's PIM? Or am I wrong. If I have a powercomander I cant use this kit?

pineway
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Will these fit the 06's too?

racerx573
06-01-2007, 08:36 AM
As of now, PIM's or any kind of Power Commander will not work with the kickstart kit.

The kicker kit probly saves close to 10 pounds.

QIKLTR
06-05-2007, 05:45 PM
i dont understand why anyone would want to make there quad harder to start just to save "about 10 pounds" especially at the cost of 400 dollars. i could go on a diet and lose 10 lbs in 2 days and thats free!!!! Doug Gust has been running one of these kits since the beginning and he is obviously not running all the stock electronics, so why isnt the PIM available at the same time as the kicker kit. People are going to paying 400 dollars for a performance loss!!

CdaleXtreme
06-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by QIKLTR
i dont understand why anyone would want to make there quad harder to start just to save "about 10 pounds" especially at the cost of 400 dollars. i could go on a diet and lose 10 lbs in 2 days and thats free!!!! Doug Gust has been running one of these kits since the beginning and he is obviously not running all the stock electronics, so why isnt the PIM available at the same time as the kicker kit. People are going to paying 400 dollars for a performance loss!!

Thanks for the concise information. You should run for president.

10lbs in two days. Thats really something.

Keep up the good work.

DVXracer
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I still dont see if you buy this kit, and take off the battery, hows the efi going to work ?

05Z400rdr
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
I still dont see if you buy this kit, and take off the battery, hows the efi going to work ?

idk, but my guess would be the alternator (sp?)....?

culichi
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
Thanks for the concise information. You should run for president.

10lbs in two days. Thats really something.

Keep up the good work.

hahahahaah x2:p

QIKLTR
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
your right i should run for president!! and i feel bad for you if you couldnt lose 10 lbs in 2 days.

CdaleXtreme
06-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by QIKLTR
your right i should run for president!! and i feel bad for you if you couldnt lose 10 lbs in 2 days.

Do us all a favor and keep on your 5 lbs a day diet for about 30 days until you dissapear. So we don't have to read your posts any more.

--

To answer a previous legitimate question. The kickstarter uses a capacitor that holds a charge for a given amount of time, which allows for one kick starting once the bike is warm, and a two kick start when the bike is cold.

gimp419
06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Kyle what is the price on these things? You got one on your quad yet?

DVXracer
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Why did the price go up ? $400 was good but im not paying $479 for this thing .

QIKLTR
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
dude why are you bashing me for making 100 percent true statements?are you just pissed you blew 400 bucks on a worthless product?

rob-u/21
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I agree with what QIKLTR has to say. I dont think the average racer is going to get any faster cause they have a kick start. Maybe if you are at the pro level that gust is than yeah, any little bit helps. I also dont think what Suzuki and Yosh. are doing is fair about not being able to use this kit without their PIM's. But when companies work close to each other they get these types of market advantages. Personally I would like to have this kit but not at that price and not if I have to buy the Yosh. PIM. I've made a deal with myself to first loose 15 pounds of my own weight and then I'll be able buy myself this kit. Maybe by then the cost will be lower and you will be able to use it with different mapping systems.

QIKLTR
06-08-2007, 02:29 PM
thank you thanky you rob-u, finally someone gets it!!

racerx573
06-13-2007, 03:03 AM
The fact of the matter is power to weight ratio, for those looking to get optimal performance out of their machine. And you do not HAVE to use the Yosh PIM, as of now it's for the stock one ONLY, and Yosh is releasing one for use WITH the kickstarter. And assumingly other companies will follow and release ones that will work with the kickstarter.

And as far as the "average" racer being faster with these.. it doesn't matter.. because if you look around at your "average" racer who rides an LT-R, they have full LT set ups and everything anyways.. the "AVERAGE" racer shouldn't need to run the LT set ups and all that stuff, they should be on stock bikes with nerfs. So it depends on your definition of average racer. It all comes down to trick/sickness factor, and most people are looking for that, so they'll buy the kit.

LTR450_#67
06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Good point Jason. I know the first night at the races (which is the same night I blew my knee out) I raced a basically stock LTR (with a slip-on and stock suspension... not even revalves) in B class and walked away from a field of guys with damn nice machines. A lot of the Honda and Yamaha guys had long-travel and I was suprised where they were after I drove off the track when I finished....about 10+seconds according to my brother....

QikLTR - That 10pounds you lose would only be mostly water weight, which is bad becuz by time your ready to race you are dehydrated. Even if you drink water (or Gatorad and/or Powerade)the day of the races, you're still screwed becuz your body won't absorb it fast enough.

Sometimes I can't believe the ignorant (Ignorant means: Lack of knowledge) comments that you guys leave on these boards.
Kyle and Jason from Cernics who are even though dealers for Yoshimura, are merely just messengers at the same time. So if you don't like the product they are dishing out, simply just don't buy it. Don't spit in their face and tell them your ignorant comments about the products they are offering.

Aaron

QIKLTR
06-14-2007, 03:42 PM
i didnt make a single ignorant comment, allthough i probably should have after getting ignorant responses to my post. i only posted my 2cents on the part which were all facts. even though i dont like Kyle i never made it personal either because i know hes only a messenger for Cernics. Dont think im bashing Cernics, Kyle, or Jason because i am most certainly not. I am however saying that Yoshimura is charging an outragous price for a part that does next to nothing, and dosnt work with any existing electronics that people already spent there hard earned money on. Most people that are going to buy this kit cant even run the stock electronics because they have exhaust, air box mods, just these two mods can make your LTR run lean and it will cook itself even with the cherry bomb. LTRs run hot to begin with if you run them lean you just make this problem worse. my buddy has one in the shop getting rebuilt right now because of this. it run just hot enough to not let the temp light come on but it was hot enough to weaken the headgasket which failed. a piece of the gasket broke off gotinto the cylinderand wasted the piston, rings, and the head,

LTR450_#67
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
"i could go on a diet and lose 10 lbs in 2 days and thats free!!!! "

That's an ignorant comment..... Even though you can do it, you probably won't last the whole race from being fatigued, dehydrated and not mentally focused %100....

There is a guy on L T R450hq that has the kickstart installed....

Aaron

QIKLTR
06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
it was meant to be funny not ignorant