PDA

View Full Version : AC blackline bumper

400exrider707
05-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Anyone else using one of these? I know I've seen others with them. Well I put one on my quad for this season. I've used AC products before and knew plenty ahead of time of their fitment issues, but no biggie for me. After some grinding and bending and forcing its on. Great! WRONG! I went two and a half races, yes count those out, 2.5 races and my bumper is a piece of crap. The screen in the middle is GONE! I noticed in the last race a rattling noise. Found it to be that screen, one of the bolts was loosening up. Tightened it up so it was snug, rattle gone. This weekend after the first moto, I noticed the bolt had broke in half. One half still in the bumper, the other half in the screen. I didn't get hit with anything and it was a relatively sandy track. I wrote it off as my fault to perhaps tightening it too much or maybe I did get hit with something, though I know neither of those are true. Second moto, plate is GONE! Top tabs ripped off of the plate, and bottom bolts both broke. I cant believe this. This has had to happen to other people. The only two tracks I raced at this year were both very sandy tracks and I know I didn't hit anyone with it. My screen also didn't have any dents or visible signs that it had been hit with a rock or anything of the sort. I am not very happy with this bumper so far. I dont know whether or not to order another screen or to just spend my money on a pro-armor bumper. I hate to just toss this bumper off as it really is basically a brand new $100 bumper, but at the same time I dont want to be replacing screens every race. Any suggestions?

mx1791
05-29-2007, 01:18 PM
order a pro armor pro mx bumper:D and sell the AC for cheap on here or something

400exrider707
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
order a pro armor pro mx bumper:D and sell the AC for cheap on here or something

I was thinking of doing exactly that, it just seems like such a waste to basically sell a bumper for half the price I paid for it after only two races. I mean even all of the original AC black powdercoating is still on it and we all know how easy that chips off.

allstock
05-29-2007, 01:36 PM
save up for a pro armor and ride the ac until it breaks... its only a bumper and put a # plate where the old plate was... GOOD AS NEW:D

mx1791
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
wow its not even chipped up? hmm idk, that is a hard decision... have you tried calling AC to tell them the situation, maybe they will do something?

400exrider707
05-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by mx1791
wow its not even chipped up? hmm idk, that is a hard decision... have you tried calling AC to tell them the situation, maybe they will do something?

No I haven't, I'm debating whether or not to even bother because I dont know if I even want another one on there. I still have my old AC stadium bumper which held up great. I dont know.:ermm:

That pro-armor pro MX is looking better every day but I know I could spend $100 on something better than that, instead of buying bumpers.

warriorxcr1
05-30-2007, 03:13 PM
same thing happened to me on my last ride...... held up for a good 8 months with a lot of time in the packed jersey sand.

i have to tap the screws out and get a number plate.... love the bumper but the pc quality is pretty crappy.

idk if its worth selling man. theres nothing wrong with it.get the screws out and get bigger ones to pop in for temporary reasons until you get a plate.

DJJ450r
05-30-2007, 05:12 PM
duct tape:blah:

DJJ450r
05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
actually unless its really muddy I don't even put anything there. Mine rattled really bad and I tore it off. my next bumper will be either pro armor XC or prm summit

400exrider707
05-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
actually unless its really muddy I don't even put anything there. Mine rattled really bad and I tore it off. my next bumper will be either pro armor XC or prm summit

It's dumb looking IMO without that screen, I guess I'll see if I can get a number plate zip tied in there for now....Stupid AC products, why dont I ever listen to anyone?

Architects
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
My blackline is a piece of crap. It took 3 people to bend it to fit one using a pry bar. My screen is also shot. I will never buy AC again

400exrider707
05-31-2007, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Architects
My blackline is a piece of crap. It took 3 people to bend it to fit one using a pry bar. My screen is also shot. I will never buy AC again

Mine too, I used a dremel to make the holes bigger and still had to pry it. My AC stadium held up great, just got sick of the look I guess.... oh well I guess pro armor it is.

Chino886
05-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Get a DG National Bumper, holds up great, does its job (bends when its supposed to as opposed to being to stiff and bending the frame).

400exrider707
05-31-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Get a DG National Bumper, holds up great, does its job (bends when its supposed to as opposed to being to stiff and bending the frame).

Why are you trying to sell me more stuff off your quad?:devil:

I like the looks of the pro-armor pro mx, I think I will try that next.

Chino886
05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Cause I am parting it out! :eek:

400exrider707
05-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Cause I am parting it out! :eek:

What? Are you serious?:grr:

rlplive
05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
No I haven't, I'm debating whether or not to even bother because I dont know if I even want another one on there. I still have my old AC stadium bumper which held up great. I dont know.:ermm:

That pro-armor pro MX is looking better every day but I know I could spend $100 on something better than that, instead of buying bumpers.
AC will send you a new screen no questios asked. Mine did the same thing. I just bought a blingstar flight bumper, the ac is a piece of ****. All the pc is chipping off of mine.

400exrider707
05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
AC will send you a new screen no questios asked. Mine did the same thing. I just bought a blingstar flight bumper, the ac is a piece of ****. All the pc is chipping off of mine.

Really? Well I guess I will do that for now, do I need anything to prove to them that I bought the bumper or pics or anything? I guess I'll just have to give them a call when I get out of work or something. Thanks!

rlplive
05-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Really? Well I guess I will do that for now, do I need anything to prove to them that I bought the bumper or pics or anything? I guess I'll just have to give them a call when I get out of work or something. Thanks!
Nope I just called them and told them it broke, the guy took my address and I had it in like 3 days. I am pretty sure they know it's a poor manufactured product.

400exrider707
05-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
Nope I just called them and told them it broke, the guy took my address and I had it in like 3 days. I am pretty sure they know it's a poor manufactured product.

I wonder if they'll let me get anyone I want? They have different inserts right?

rlplive
05-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I wonder if they'll let me get anyone I want? They have different inserts right?
Well you could always get the one you had right?? ;) And the one you already have is the one you want or at least as far as they're concerned