PDA

View Full Version : burgard

85and93
05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
does anybody have Burgard A-arms on there trx? i was wondering if they were goood or not(there only $450). I have +3's on my blaster from burgard.

400exrider707
05-29-2007, 12:25 PM
They're a decent inexpensive arm, but I wouldn't recommend them if you are a serious racer. I would at least upgrade to the ones with the beefier lower balljoints. The standard ones you speak of tend to snap a lot. Also you can get them for about $400 shipped on ebay, just a heads up.

bluebaron
05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
If you race at all, i would not get them. It sucks to have your day cut short, becuase you keep busting the lower ball joints.. They would be decent, they just need to do something with the ball joints.

85and93
05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
yea well i really dont want to get them but im runnig low on money. Is there any type of a-arm that is inexspensive and will hold up?

bluebaron
05-29-2007, 02:06 PM
I would just tell you to order them and just have spare ball joints, but if you break one during a moto, you get a DNF, which sucks. not sure on other brands. Look on ebay, there some in the $400-500 range but i haven't heard much about them.

85and93
05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
they have iShock i3500 +2 for $500. Are those better than Burgard?

kyleschonert
05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
From what I have read, yes, iShock is much better than Burgard. Burgard sucks if you ask me and they have the WORST customer service in the world.

450R_lover
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
i have +2 burgard that i bought used off of a guy on here and they have held up just fine. i have not replaced the ball joints or anything... and i have landed numerous flat landings and they are fine.

400exrider707
05-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by 450R_lover
i have +2 burgard that i bought used off of a guy on here and they have held up just fine. i have not replaced the ball joints or anything... and i have landed numerous flat landings and they are fine.

Give it time, it will happen. They run the same size balljoint on top and bottom on their standard entry level arms. I just watched my buddy take a dumper over the bars a few weeks ago at our first race with these arms. They held up to expert level racing (local races) all last season, but they finally went out this season.

Also if anyone wants to get extra balljoints for these arms go to advanced auto or anything of the sort and get 1969 VW bug tie rod ends... they're the same.

85and93, the Ishock arms are very good, if you are low on cash why not buy a nice set of used arms off of here? I picked up my +2 housers for $250. I know I have seen others on here for that price as well, just shop around.

RATHRACING450R
05-31-2007, 10:36 PM
I've had two sets of burgard a-arms. The ones i had on my 300ex were 400ex+2 a-arms and they held up very well. I have a set of +3 on my 450r right now, and I'll be honest they suck ***. One of them is bent, all the ball joints are shot, they are just a very low- performance a-arm. AND...

I'm really hoping alot of people on this site read this post before they go out and buy i-shock.

My buddy ordered a i-shock Standard travel front end for his z-400........ He went through SEVEN of them on one quad within 6 months... I kid you not 7 completely different front ends. Every time he'd get a new front end we'd take it out for a couple practice laps, he'd come back in and the bottom a-arms would be completely tacoed. I shock could never figure out the "problem"

I-shock suspension kits should be completely taken off of the market, Worst Suspension ever!!!!!!

Doober
05-31-2007, 11:34 PM
well i have burgard on mine right know and they are holding up decent....i bent a ball joint so i ordered a new one through them never recieved the part and they also chipped up like no other. My experience isnt that good and im acutally goin to get different a arms real soon

400exrider707
06-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by RATHRACING450R
I've had two sets of burgard a-arms. The ones i had on my 300ex were 400ex+2 a-arms and they held up very well. I have a set of +3 on my 450r right now, and I'll be honest they suck ***. One of them is bent, all the ball joints are shot, they are just a very low- performance a-arm. AND...

I'm really hoping alot of people on this site read this post before they go out and buy i-shock.

My buddy ordered a i-shock Standard travel front end for his z-400........ He went through SEVEN of them on one quad within 6 months... I kid you not 7 completely different front ends. Every time he'd get a new front end we'd take it out for a couple practice laps, he'd come back in and the bottom a-arms would be completely tacoed. I shock could never figure out the "problem"

I-shock suspension kits should be completely taken off of the market, Worst Suspension ever!!!!!!

You are the ONLY person I have ever heard say anything bad about I shock. Do you have any pics to make this story credible?

kyleschonert
06-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Really. I have heard nothing but GREAT things about iShock suspension kits. And I hear the customer service is outstanding.

khen
06-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I bought the standard Burgards and drilled out the bottom arms and put in the Ricky Stator heavy duty ball joints. I haven't had a single problem with them.

http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_29&products_id=41

khen
06-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Here's a link to the thread where I explain how I did it.. I'd highly recommend doing this if you keep breaking the smaller 14mm ones.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217943&highlight=stator+ball+joints