PDA

View Full Version : Wife's 07' TRX250ex suspension......

Hesher
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
I recently purchased a new 07' TRX250ex for my wife and her only complaint is the suspension is too stiff. What would be the logical way to go about making the suspension more plush, so to speak?
Has anyone one put longer travel shocks on this quad?

400exrider707
05-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Hesher
I recently purchased a new 07' TRX250ex for my wife and her only complaint is the suspension is too stiff. What would be the logical way to go about making the suspension more plush, so to speak?
Has anyone one put longer travel shocks on this quad?

Putting on a longer shock wont necessarily do anything. Are you looking to get an aftermarket shock, or are you trying to make do with the stockers? If you go aftermarket I would look into a set of works AT steelers. Bottom of the barrel works, but very plush and very inexpensive when compared to other aftermarket units.

If you are trying to work with stock, all you can do is back off the preload adjustment collar on the bottom of the shock to the softest setting and maybe let a little air out of the tires.

m.h.s.c.#527
05-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Putting on a longer shock wont necessarily do anything. Are you looking to get an aftermarket shock, or are you trying to make do with the stockers? If you go aftermarket I would look into a set of works AT steelers. Bottom of the barrel works, but very plush and very inexpensive when compared to other aftermarket units.

If you are trying to work with stock, all you can do is back off the preload adjustment collar on the bottom of the shock to the softest setting and maybe let a little air out of the tires.

there are no adjustments on the stock shocks

zje400ex
06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
you can widen it and put 400ex shocks on it

on ebay they have a +4.5 and +6 kit for the 250ex's for i think $200-300 and you will have to buy the 400ex shocks which are only about $20-30.

trailbossman08
06-01-2007, 07:59 PM
try getting after market shocks