PDA

View Full Version : long travel rear ...elkas?

redrooster310r
05-29-2007, 05:34 AM
i have +3 janssen outlaw arms with long travel elkas....love em. was wondering how to do up the rear for long travel. can i use stock swinger with different shock and linkage? what about no link options...with an extended arm. i'd like to run a skid plate . i have an after market alum air box also s . will clearance be an issue? thanks:confused:

koh0001
05-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Yes, you can run a skid plate. But all 3 of my No link bikes the air box hits the rear brake caliper, I even spaced them out some. The only time it hits is when I'm landing in the flats or just some big jumps. It's not that bad, but it does hit.

What type of riding do you do ?? They do make some LT link set ups. I'm not that sure about how they work with the link. I know this has been a hot topic for years !! Try a search.

redrooster310r
05-30-2007, 05:33 AM
i ride aggressive trail and dunes in the winter...mx style . hows that 330 on ur 88. i need one. any milling required? i ve got a ct 310 on my[01] 88. it rips. as for the box hitting the caliper ...is your box stock? what about link options for long travel? can i still use the skid plate? i heard that elkas are 1/4 " longer.