PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so i took my head pipe off and...

TYayo420
05-28-2007, 09:34 PM
where those flanges are that sit next to the head of motor, there is like this much between these 2 lines of weld/build up cant tell what it is tonight, just took her off and looked and left for awhile but tommorow ill look more at them and post a pic, but this is how much weld or whatever there is, is this normal? | | abt that much of a weld, so, was it already ground down before, or is that about right? || the second pipe off the header had that much the one had more then the other.

Batavia's450r
06-01-2007, 09:51 AM
make sure you replace the head gaskets or w/e there called that go in front of the headpipe if your going to keep takin that off i noticed they were beat when i took it off

REDRIDDER
06-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I think your talking about the inside of your head pipe? well if your talking about the inside welds you can grind them out i did it to mine their was also weld spatter in mine so i just ground them out and replaced the copper gaskets.That is normal its left over from the factory.

TYayo420
06-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Batavia's450r
make sure you replace the head gaskets or w/e there called that go in front of the headpipe if your going to keep takin that off i noticed they were beat when i took it off

thanks for the heads up, wasnt really too much excess welds to grind out, got it to the best i could, and when i go to the honda shop next, ill get those gasket things.

Batavia's450r
06-01-2007, 07:43 PM
wouldnt grind it unless you had that head sitting on a work bench

AtvMxRider
06-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Batavia's450r
wouldnt grind it unless you had that head sitting on a work bench

You don't grind on the head you grind on the header pipe

TYayo420
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You don't grind on the head you grind on the header pipe