PDA

View Full Version : 450R silencer

kcalexan83
05-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Just asking if anyone has tried this before but my friends stock silencer bracket broke on his 450r and he said I could have it. So I changed moved the bracket a little farther foward on the can and mounted it on my 400. If anyone has ever tried this could you tell me if it actually helps power wise. To me it seems like it helped some but maybe its just me because its a little louder.

flauge
05-29-2007, 06:57 AM
From what Ive heard, it supposed to be a lil more free flowing. I tried to mount one up myself onetime but i found out that the muffler inlet was a good bit bigger than the header pipe. What'd you do to get it to fit???

kcalexan83
05-29-2007, 08:28 AM
It seemed to be alright to me. It was a tight fit going on. Did yours still have the exhaust gasket inside it? The biggest thing i noticed is that it comes up right to the fender at the back. I rode it for a while and it melted a partial circle in the back of the fender. So I need to find some heat tape or something to protect it. It started as a joke to put it on and then I got to thiking about it and thought it sounded like a good idea. Lol. If you have any ideas for protecting the plastic let me know.

kcalexan83
06-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I just wanted to let you know flauge i will be gettin my pics back in a few days to show you how everything mounted up.

flauge
06-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Yea post them up sometime. I dont think my 450 muffler had the gasket like yours did. There was a big difference between the header and muffler inlet. What year did yours come off of??

kcalexan83
06-07-2007, 12:15 PM
It was off of an 05. Yours not having the gasket is about the only reason I could think of that it wouldn't fit. Do you have any ideas on how I shouuld jet the carb?

kamikaze-rider
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
i got a 450 can on my bike with a stock header and i got more top end then my friends with a header the only difference in the exhaust is the core size with lrd the core for a 450 is 2 1/4 and for the 400 it's 2" sounds louder i just got done hacking a couple inches off the carbon fiber can i got on my bike, looks great havnt riden since i did it though so it might need a quit core but it does come close to the rear plastic and dont trim your back plastic it will crack i just put a little notch for the can to come threw and now i got a 5 inch crack in it

rosen32
06-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I put a 05 450 "slip on" on my 02 400. It fit on the header perfect with the gasket. I had to bend one tab and weld on another to bolt it up. Then I cut the spark arrester off the inside of that triangler peice and drilled holes around the center outlet. I wanted to quiet it down a bit from no baffle. It seemed to run better with the baffle with the holes. Jetting is 152, 42, needle stock. no choke, k&n, outterwear over the air box. Happy with it, for now.
Cory

blasterandy
06-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Does it look like it would melt the place where the old heat tape is. (on the back of the fender behind your right leg) If not i would just pull it off and relocate it to where you need it.