PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Stator? Good or Bad

u_want_some
05-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Alright I am looking at purchasing a new stator assembly for my 86 250R. I was told that aftermarket stators are no good, Is this true? I can either have my old one rebuilt/rewind or get a new one for 125.00, which is better?

pro-rider46
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
whats wrong with your old one. plus if you plan on getting big lights or something i would jsut get my old one redone because you know it will work good and you have no need to buy a after market one unless you need more power (electricly)

u_want_some
05-28-2007, 07:37 PM
The old one is not producing any spark and it appears that the pulse generator is not working! I was looking at some Ricky Stator products, and no I do not have any plans on running big lights or any lights at all. Any reccomdations?

underpowered
05-28-2007, 07:58 PM
ricky stator makes great stuff. they will sell you a new one or rewind you old one. but other brans like moose stators, i would stay away from.

u_want_some
05-29-2007, 07:29 AM
So what I am gathering, a Ricky Stator stator is problay the best to get? Is there any other companies that make stators that are GOOD to use? This is the only one that I can find online right now, Thanks