PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Which Exhaust? Yoshi, DG, Curtis or FMF?

mattg324
05-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Ok i know there are many many mannyyy posts of "which exhaust...." but i jsut want to know the best as of now. Personal experience would help. I am deff getting an exhuast within the next month so i need to know this,which is the best? adds the msot power, sounds the best. i like a louder sound but if its able to quiet down with an acc. then thats good. i dont have any mods yet, buti will soon have ALOT of mods, new carb and all that. so anything that does well with mods. i have a 2007 400EX so thats it. thanks

atvhonda-rider
05-28-2007, 10:29 AM
hey man i voted for yoshi, i wish i could vote for yoshi and curtis sparks... i suggest yoshi or curtis cuz they look good, sound good and are in my top 5 that give the most power to the 400ex.. my buddy has a yoshi and i have a curtis on the way.. i dont kno much about DG but i've never seen one on ANY bike i've ever seen posted, sig'd or in person. and definately DONT GO FMF every person i kno that has a FMF ( i have rode their bike) says they hate it and it was the biggest waste of money, they sound good but just dont put out alot of performance as the others will.. this is just my experience... good luck man! also i've heard the HMF is a good pipe as well.

mattg324
05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
ok good to hear. the only reason i put DG on was becasue yesterday i was riding with 5 of my buddies and we ran into 3 guys the didnt know. turned out we did know them and one of them sadi he had a DG pipe on his. it sounded like a harley haha but i jsut put it on csaue i like its sound and wanted to know if anyone knows its power. but thanks. i actully meant to put HMF instead of FMF so yea. but thanks.

mattg324
05-29-2007, 05:11 AM
BUMP

leprogle85
05-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I have an HMF on my 400ex, and it smokes a couple of 440ex's around here, but read the FAQ w/ Mickey Dunlap on this site, it tells a lot about modyfing 400ex's, he says he gets this question all the time, and it doesn't matter what pipe you put on, it what you do to the motor and intake. Anyone who says one is better than the other, it is just their opinion. Myself, if I was going to buy a pipe (the hmf came on the bike when i bought) I would put something with discs, because you can tune it more. more discs=more top end/less discs=more bottom end.
just for god's sake don't put a cheap DikGobbler or cobra on it!

whiteEX
05-30-2007, 05:39 PM
i have a yoshi on mine and it is nice and deep, it gives a ton of top end, the curtis sparks are nice too, also my brother and cousin both have HMFs, and they are nice, yet if u get a slip on HMF it really doesn't have a deep tone to it yet the full system has a good tone, but yoshi all the way

tar
05-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Sparks,HMF,Yosh in that order just whatever you do stay away from DG!!

procircuit406ex
05-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Procircuit