PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the SuperTrap IDS2???

Thumper416ex
10-17-2002, 09:52 AM
I have a good deal on a SuperTrapp IDS2, do you have good or bad experiences with this slip on??

10-17-2002, 10:03 AM
I hear it stinks, so pm me for where to mail yours to me :rolleyes:

01_400exrider
10-17-2002, 10:08 AM
GET a T-4!!!!!

bmf400ex
10-17-2002, 10:50 AM
you mean SUPERCRAPP, dude they make the ****tiest pipes on the planet, they are make by Kerker.

z400ex
10-17-2002, 11:31 AM
i LOVE MY supertrapp.....its sounds different from all other pipes and its more of a rare pipe. Believe wat you wanna believe but i tell ya they have the idea along with whitebrothers becuz its nice to be able to tune the exhaust with the disc. I like the idea how the discs are inside the pipe, mud will not pack in the disc along with all the exhaust points out the back as the whitebrothers blows all around the side. If you have a 6 pack rack, the exhaust carbon turns it black from the whitebrothers pipe becuz it blows out the sides. I like the look of the supertrapp and i like the sound. I must say get the quiet core becuz with the race core i got its way to loud. In fact i have had some comments at the dunes that my pipe was way to loud. If you do a search on 400ex pipe shoot out, i forget who but the supertrapp ids2 was placed third for mose horsepower. I believe curtis sparks was first and then i cant remember who is 2nd but i can tell ya the ids2 was placed 3rd out of most pipes. However ther is some pipes such as the duncan racing that was left out so who really knows wat pipe is best. Do not get the t-4, i think its the best lookin pipe but it is very poor in performance. My friend has one on his 400ex and it doesnt do anything for it. The t-4 added either 1.7 hp or .7 hp for the 400ex so says the pipeshoot out. Your best bet is to run some people who have different pipees so you can see which one you like most. If looks matter most i would say the t-4 other then that, white brothers, curtis sparks or supertrapp.

10-17-2002, 12:06 PM
WTF you say the IDS2 is loud and then talk about the T4, the T4 is one of those pipes that sound faster than they are cause of all the noise. I have rode with guys with a t4 on their quad and dont like it one bit.

If its looks your after then the LRD has got be one to look at.

Curious to how loud you find the IDS2 compared to other pipes etc.

oynot400
10-17-2002, 02:22 PM
I have both pipes. :D I have the super trapp on my rancher. It seems to work well with it.
The T-4 I have on the 400 with the Powerbomb ahead of it. This is a nice combo. The powerbomb quiets it down alot.

Drtridr18
10-17-2002, 04:49 PM
If I didn't get the HMF, I'dve got the Supertrapp...my buddy already has one, we both like it, awesome sound and all around power, but I wanted somethin different from everybody. If they made a full-system It would be the Supertrapp for sure.

10-17-2002, 05:27 PM
Damn pipes are too confusing, guess its easier to get what you like to look at and get another later if you change your mind, I bet the pipe mfg's like my idea LOL.

How about that 4" disc supertrapp like the one sparks modifies, that looks like it would be loud.

crashinmatt
10-17-2002, 05:41 PM
i had a supertrapp on my 400, i liked just about everything about it, except mine didnt mount up very solid like, and when it came time to repack, i couldnt get the darn thing apart. i liked the idea of the discs bein in side the canister rather than outside. but when i decided to modify my 400 i wanted to go with a non-disc style silencer. so i give it a thumbs up for design and performance, but thumbs down for mounting and servicability. but thats only my experiences.