PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if ... ???

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 04:19 PM
What would you do if you came into a fair amount of money ... something in the $300 000 to $750 000 range ?? :devil:

I'm just curious to know how you guys would spend your money wisely ( or foolishly for some ) .

I'll comment on how I would a little later on. I just wnat to see some of these reponses !!!!

450raider
05-27-2007, 04:25 PM
i would make a post about it and give it to the first person that responded:D , na i really dont know what id do if i found like 500 bucks it would go in the bank for sure but im not sure from there, probably atv or truck mods.

EDIT:
(i didnt catch the thousand part the 1st time $500,000)
ok id still get everything above, then drive it to go buy my own hooters then whats left save half for hard times and put the other down on a huge house.

Kickstarts-suck
05-27-2007, 04:52 PM
i would save most of it but it would buy a 04 Mustang cobra and a nice 4x4 truck. and a kawi 450

400exrider989
05-27-2007, 04:52 PM
if i go 750 000 then i would build the sweetest track and show the government i am making hardly any profet of it and then they wont take my money and then everybody could come!

416exfreak
05-27-2007, 05:43 PM
About 20% would go in the bank for hard times, about 20% would go towards buying land.

Maybe 30% towards a new truck, quad and mods for both.

30% would also be given to JJ and mastrocola to aid in thier recoveries, as I know it must be hard for them.:)

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Interesting concepts so far.

Here's what I would do ...

Buy a house in the $180 000 - $200 000 range ( nice homes in my area for that price)

Buy new furniture for the house ( approx $30 000)

Buy a new vehicle ( $40 000)

Take a good chunk and put it aside in a retirement savings plan along with some money for when I have a child to pay for college or University ( approx $100 000)

Take a vacation because the last 3 years have been stressful. ( $8000)

Invest a bit in stocks ( $10 000)

Give some money to my parents because they've helped me out a lot in the last couple of years. ( $ confidential)

Bank the rest.

justin41414
05-27-2007, 05:53 PM
i would buy and ncie house with land and give my dad about 100,000 to buy his dream muscle car and let my mom pick out a house with a farm whereever to buy for her then porlly save the rest and work

TWISTED DINLI
05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
first off i would give 50,000 to my bro so he can pay off some of his bills.

then i would give my mom and dad about 100,000 since they have done so much for me and so they can buy what they want.

then i would build the best 2 300ex's so i can race and have a practice/backup quad. then after i get them two done i would buy 3 honda 450r's. trick them out to no other.(but still atva legal)

then after all that i would, buy me a nice truck for me when i get my license and a suzuki gsxr750 street bike for when gas gets high.

the last thing i would do is use the rest to get in a aircraft mechanic school.

BIG dreams, i know. but its fun to dream about stuf like this.:D

firefighterjosh
05-27-2007, 07:06 PM
House: 150,000
My Dad and MOM there wanted vehicles: 60,000
Pay off all bills (truck payment)
Invest the rest for intrest.

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh damn ... forget the new vehicle ... I just remembered about my girlfriend's College and University debts .... there goes $60 000 !!!

Which 450?
05-27-2007, 07:28 PM
pay off my bills, the rest on a house

spanky101
05-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Being 16 right now id go out and sell my truck right now, or trade it towards a new truck with lower milage. 30000
Buy my mom her car she wants, a prowler, 25-30000
Send pops anywhere he'd like for a nice long hunting vacation, 5000-8000
Buy land, roughly 150-200 acres, build a house for me, and a house for the parents. proboly about 350-450000.
Put money away for college- 30000
Buy a kfx450, mod it and make it wpsa, atva legal and be a total beast- 15000ish.
The rest would go into the bank for a rainy day or something like that.

EDIT: Id buy the track round me called DirtWorld. They used to let quads, but now they dont, and its a super nice track.

culichi
05-27-2007, 08:05 PM
give 60 000 to the mexican atv federation to improve it, build a nice atv track, trick my ltr, buy the bmw streetlegal quad and save the rest

miller821
05-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Bank AT LEAST half of it in that thing where if you don't touch it for a certain amount of time then it doubles... Have my children keep doing it taking a couple hundred grand out each time so they have extra spending money... As for the rest... I'm sure I could think of something.

CRich[814]
05-27-2007, 09:15 PM
uh oh. im pretty damn sure i know how this money arrived. but...

if my name were greg and i were canadian i would buy a house, pay some stuff off, help out the rents, maybe a new truck to haul my grizz, vacation (again).

if my name were rich the american, i would buy a used cbr600RR, a brand new cbr1000RR, a brand new cr250, brand new crf450, a ford lightning, and my mom a new fusion. then bank the rest. when im 18, id build a decent house with about 30 acres.

250xridamatt
05-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd buy myself another 450, and build it exactly how I wanted it. ($15,000-$20,000) Get a nice ToyHauler ($30,000?) Pay off the mortgage on my parent's house. Put half of what is left in the savings account for college, or whatever else I could need it for. Maybe a wedding after college. Then the other half I would put my dad in control of, and have him invest it, and make it grow. He is a financial advisor and accountant, and I'm sure he could make my money grow a lot.

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
uh oh. im pretty damn sure i know how this money arrived. but...

if my name were greg and i were canadian i would buy a house, pay some stuff off, help out the rents, maybe a new truck to haul my grizz, vacation (again).

if my name were rich the american, i would buy a used cbr600RR, a brand new cbr1000RR, a brand new cr250, brand new crf450, a ford lightning, and my mom a new fusion. then bank the rest. when im 18, id build a decent house with about 30 acres.

LOL . I shall never tell how or if , when and where .... I'm just dreaming . ;)

A house would deffinately be in the plans ... it's been something that I've wanted for a long time now .

Loans would be paid for sure so that I'm debt free along with my girlfriend's loans.

A new truck ... YES ... :D

A vacation .. YES ... because my Cuban vacation was 4 1/2 days of rain out of 7 days and COLD weather... but it would be a vacation to visit other parts of Canada that I have never seen before ( British Columbia in the west and teh Maritimes out East)

Mom and Dad would get a good chunk to help their debts disappear. It's the least I could do for them giving my girlfriend and I their house to live in for the last 1 1/2 years and helping out financially over the last 3 years.

A return back to College would be something else that would be funded. Money would be great ... but you would still need a supplimented income .

05-27-2007, 09:35 PM
well keep in mind if you make that much money, your going to be taxed even harder...

But if i had a few hundred thousand to spend, i would invest in real estate in a nice area. An area where the value will never go down...I would build a house, sell it, make a profit and keep doing that. I would only have to build a house every two years and still make a ton of money....more less i would use that money to make more. I would probally only acctually "blow" about 20 grand on a nice 330R and a 420 PV banshee and maybe a Zilla :D

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
well keep in mind if you make that much money, your going to be taxed even harder...

But if i had a few hundred thousand to spend, i would invest in real estate in a nice area. An area where the value will never go down...I would build a house, sell it, make a profit and keep doing that. I would only have to build a house every two years and still make a ton of money....more less i would use that money to make more. I would probally only acctually "blow" about 20 grand on a nice 330R and a 420 PV banshee and maybe a Zilla :D

Tax Free my friend ... TAX FREE !!!:p Remember we're dreaming here .... so the government is not involved ... well atleast not up here in Canada. :devil:

Good investment idea . I know a lot of people that are building and selling in my area ... good money to be made right now.

I've been contemplating the idea of if I would buy or build . I know to build it would cost a bit more , but I would have a home the way I want it .... buying though is a lot less hassle ... buy , sign and move.

Surprisingly enough , I wouldn't invest in a fully built quad ... it doesn't interest me . I'm quite happy with the Grizz ... a new top end , a brake job and a HighLifter rad would be the only things I'd invest in . Not a big enough resale market to buy a fully built quad and try to sell it a few years down the road.

05-27-2007, 09:52 PM
i would just want those three quads, a new LT500, maybe 530ccs, a 420 PV banshee and a fully built 330 PV 250r :D I could imagine all them in my garage....yellow, blue and red :cool:

1fst400
05-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I would buy a clutch for my fourwheeler. mabie some flex bars.

Buy some good tires for my race car.
Buy a truck to tow the race car and a trailer to put the race car in.
And a new cell phone because I just broke mine for the 4th time this year.

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
05-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Spend a couple hundred thousand to buy a lot of the connecting land to our 150 acres.

Deposit money for interest in the bank.

Make sure I have enough to pay off my college loans and that I have enough saved to pay my way through law school.

Give my father (who will already be retired) for raising me as a single parent and doing great... An unmarked check for a few things wanted but he had to know his limit. I would see how much my dad spent :D and give my mom the same amount.

All money that is left after depositing money, buying land, paying loans, and my mother and fathers money; While assuming these prices: $200K for land. $200K for loans and law school. Dad spending 100K along with my mom. I woud Deposit a $100K in the bank. I would give my sister all the rest which is around 150K(or more depending on how much I had from the start.) I would give all the rest of my money to her. She was the closest I had to a mom after my rents split. Now I am an uncle of 2 and I love those boys to death! I want to make sure my sister has a great life.

MOFO
05-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Pay off my mortgage and invest the rest in real estate.

DF400ex
05-28-2007, 07:36 AM
I'd pay off all my parents bills. Then I'd buy a really nice car and use the rest to pay for college and to live off while I'm there.

Mxjunkie
05-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Buy a house up in the sticks, build a old XC 330r, walsh ktm 525 bike of course.. Get a flag that say's " I'm rich bieeech " and invest the rest into stocks and such... Last but not least, donate 20,000 dollar's to this site. :cool:

05-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Damn houses are really cheap by some of you guys. It would cost the full 750,000 to get a decent house where I live.

reptikes
05-28-2007, 08:59 AM
I would put around 60 grand into breedable snakes (Boa Constrictor Morphs). I would build a small building in the back yard to house all my snakes. I would buy two 04' TRX 450r's and mod one to h#ll and back keep the other stock. Buy a KFX450R with minor mods. Id buy a full size Chevy or Dodge, full back seat, full bed. And a good size trailer. Fix up the house a little, remodel the basement. And put the rest in the bank.

05-28-2007, 09:01 AM
thats cuz we all live in the gutter....you can get good homes all day where i live for 120

m.h.s.c.#527
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
i would put it all in a high yielding bank account and buy a 450r and deck it the f out

3exrider23
05-28-2007, 11:51 AM
ahh id bank alot of it and put alot toward stock. then id give my parents like 250000 probaly more. id buy a sick 450. then buy a streetbike and maybe a dirtbiek to mess around on. then a nice car. a trailor and then buy all new landscaping equipment for my buisness.

F-16Guy
05-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Pay off your bills, get a house (if you don't already have one) and a decent vehicle, and invest the rest in real estate. There are a lot of opportunities to make a lot of money fairly safely. Right now, I would be buying condos in developements that are either pre-construction or still under construction. The existing home market is pretty crappy right now.

miller821
05-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
I would put around 60 grand into breedable snakes (Boa Constrictor Morphs). I would build a small building in the back yard to house all my snakes. I would buy two 04' TRX 450r's and mod one to h#ll and back keep the other stock. Buy a KFX450R with minor mods. Id buy a full size Chevy or Dodge, full back seat, full bed. And a good size trailer. Fix up the house a little, remodel the basement. And put the rest in the bank.

Uh sounds good and all... But what would you do with all these snakes?:confused:

stalefish_132
05-28-2007, 07:20 PM
lets start with the toys,

new 08 Doo XP 800 163
new can am DS450
long travel front end and graphics for the EX
new CRF450 bike
full BBR CRF 50 pit bike
03 chevy duramax crew cab long box, 6 inch lift & 35's, built allison and efi live tuning, fully custom paint
1969 pontiac tans am, 303 ram air V :devil:

buy a big chunk of land out in the bush, have like a 100x150 ft. shop and decent house.

and of course new DS450 for my pops as well as a new XP800, buy my mom annother horse :blah:, and what ever else my sisters want.

:edit:

maybe cancel that CRF450 and swap it out for collage fund to become HD diesel mechanic.

TheFontMaster
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I would start by paying off my student loans. about 45,000 dollars

I would spend about another 10,000 on my car, build a custom frame, suspension, and paint it. Then spend another 20,000 or so, and build up a twin turbo Chevy small block for it.

About 150,000 for a house and land, and another 300,000 for a shop and tools, lift, ETC.

Build up a truck, get my quad running again, and then I would save the rest and let it collect interest in the bank.

QuadJunkies
05-29-2007, 12:19 AM
I would try my best to put it in investments,pay off a few of the bigger bills,basically use it wisely for the most part so that I wouldnt have to work as much .

That in return leave more time to play.... :D

All that money (when in reality, really isnt thamt much these days!) would sure be hard to not wanna spend !:blah:

whiteboycustom
05-29-2007, 06:44 AM
pay off bills then go to my uncle the investor, buy some land and a double wide trailor and furnish it just enough to live in, i dont need fancy, it cost to much these days to have anything nice, and i would continue on goin to work everyday cause u can only go so far on that much money, and yes i will still shop at walmart for my undies and work shirts and go to old navy for my jeans,

and!!!!!!! never tell anyone i had that much money cause then they all want to be ur friend

05-29-2007, 07:00 AM
I could live the rest of my life on $750,000 :eek2: Or I could spend it all on a tricked out lamberghini :devil:

Quad18star
05-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SilverClub
I could live the rest of my life on $750,000 :eek2: Or I could spend it all on a tricked out lamberghini :devil:

Good luck with that . $750 000 would probably last you about 10 - 15 years if you spent it wisely ... but surely not enough to live the rest of your life off of it .

TRX_450
05-29-2007, 08:03 AM
id turn it all into pennies :eek2:

SGA
05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Good luck with that . $750 000 would probably last you about 10 - 15 years if you spent it wisely ... but surely not enough to live the rest of your life off of it .
I guess im splitting hairs here greg, but surely you could live off of 750,000 for the rest of your life, but it would be a simple life.
$750,000 divided by 50 years = $15,000 a year and thats not adding in interest either which you could almost live on by itself. $35,000 a year or so from interest alone?

Theres plenty of people out in the country that do fairly well on low incomes, many raising a couple of kids to boot at the same time on $20,000 a year or so. Prob no cell phone, no spending on unneeded items, older but dependable car or truck, maybe a small garden and a few chickens etc, etc.
Most have a small house which was inherited thats usually paid for or will be paid off soon. If they dont own, prob $500 a month for rent.
Depends what you want out of life.

mephyst
05-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a pretty boring life to me... I would move to Costa Rica and live like a King (literally) for the rest of my life in a beautiful home right on the ocean. I would have about 5 full time servants/whores that will do anything for me. Hahah.

Quad18star
05-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I guess im splitting hairs here greg, but surely you could live off of 750,000 for the rest of your life, but it would be a simple life.
$750,000 divided by 50 years = $15,000 a year and thats not adding in interest either which you could almost live on by itself. $35,000 a year or so from interest alone?

Theres plenty of people out in the country that do fairly well on low incomes, many raising a couple of kids to boot at the same time on $20,000 a year or so. Prob no cell phone, no spending on unneeded items, older but dependable car or truck, maybe a small garden and a few chickens etc, etc.
Most have a small house which was inherited thats usually paid for or will be paid off soon. If they dont own, prob $500 a month for rent.
Depends what you want out of life.

I guess you could ... but like you said , it would be a pretty simple life where you would be watching your pennies .

For someone older , it may be easier because they would most likely already own or atleast paid quite a few years off on the mortgage and maybe have a newer vehicle . For someone my age or younger , I think ( my opinion) that it would be tough to live off of $15 000 a year.

I don't own a home , so I would go out and buy one out-right so that I wouldn't have a mortgage ( and pay the bank thousands more than needed).It wouldn't have to be a mansion either ... a 3 bedroom , 2 bath and a garage is more than enough for a young family. Depending where you live , I guess this could have a wide range ... my area it would run me anywhere from $150 000 - 200 000 A newer more dependable vehicle would also be a priority. Not necessarily a brand new vehicle , but something within 2 years old and low miles . Add in the cost of fuel , insurance , groceries , utilities , everyday living expenses and whatever else may be needed.

I lived in an appartment once and was making about $18 000 a year. After paying rent of $668 a month , buying groceries at about $300 a month , paying vehicle insurance ( $120 a month) , fuel ( way too f'ing much) , I wasn't left with too many pennies at the end of the month to do much else.And that was just me and my girlfriend living off that. I think living off of $15 000 a year would lead to pretty slim pickings in the fridge ... especially if you had kids .

But Howie , you're an old man and I respect your opinion :p Now if only I could live down by the Ocean like you , I'd have it made !!!:devil:

Oh ya ... how did you calculate the interest on $750 000 ?? I know with one of my bank accounts ( a savings) with a few hundred in it that I don't touch ever , I think I've gained about 65 cents in the last year from interest... but I don't ever see that 65 cents cause they take out $3 for life insurance . :grr: :p

54warrior
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I think I've gained about 65 cents in the last year from interest... but I don't ever see that 65 cents cause they take out $3 for life insurance . :grr: :p

Ain't that the truth!!