PDA

View Full Version : must have affended someone

quadracer707
05-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I put a website for someone who did great work for us, just to let people know who he was & what he did on engine work i went to check it today sunday & it is not on, not thinking it would conflict possible with any sponsors, just my thinking, my bad, Just wish whoever took it off would have P.M. me why it as taken off. Iam just wondering why. Not meant to affend anyone.
Wades Dad

dober250R
05-27-2007, 02:14 PM
The mods are really touchy about protecting site sponsors... I looked for it today as well, and it was gone.

quadracer707
05-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Didn't think when I did it, until I say it gone. Just wish someone NICELY, would write you might have crossed the line on this subject, this is why we did this. I understand if so, Iam self employed buisness man & would not be happy if Iam advertising, & someone gets something for free.
we will see.

NPelletier
05-27-2007, 02:56 PM
is posting a team website wrong too? i did when i first joined becus i was proud of my work and it got deleted...i tohught the forums were messed up so i posted it again and it got deleted i guess i shouldnt :(

JOEX
05-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
I put a website for someone who did great work for us, just to let people know who he was & what he did on engine work i went to check it today sunday & it is not on, not thinking it would conflict possible with any sponsors, just my thinking, my bad, Just wish whoever took it off would have P.M. me why it as taken off. Iam just wondering why. Not meant to affend anyone.
Wades Dad
Check rule #5 at the bottom of the page:)

c450Razy
05-27-2007, 04:29 PM
just because of money :rolleyes:

quadracer707
05-27-2007, 04:29 PM
so it is written so it shall be done!!!!:D :D

dober250R
05-27-2007, 05:40 PM
i'm just kind of curious here, but it only lists 4 site sponsors under the "site sponsors" section...... Who would be considered a REPUTABLE motor builder that is a site sponsor???? Is there a list somewhere of EVERY site sponsor that I can read?

Pappy
05-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy

its called good business, and unless you can get Unicef involved in funding this site and paying its bills, deal with it. We are not the only, nor the first site to set guidelines for how advertising and SPAM will be controlled. This site is a business, it is not a site with 20 members on a freeweb board.

Wades dad did not set out to hurt a sponsor nor did he mean to do anything wrong. Everyone wants to tell of good business dealings etc. But it is unfair to ask sponsors to pay an advertising fee and then allow other shops to reap the benefits without helping this site (or any site) financially. A website is no different then a magazine, and the last time I checked magazines werent allowing free advertising either, nor newspapers, television and on and on. Smaller sites that are owned by the main sponsor and have no real investment other then the cost to host the site can afford to let some spam on, as long as it doesnt interfere with what the main sponsor does or you can bet it will be removed as well. Our budget just to cover races is more then most people make in a year so we depend on good business relationships with sponsors and we will look after their best interests.

troyleepred719
05-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy

Everything these days is about money. Its how people make there money, put a little in, get a little out, like sponsoring the site, and thats your advertising, therefore someone coming in and indirectly putting out there that someone does the same work, that takes away from them. Not saying you did it on purpose, cause i guarantee you didnt, but doing that takes away from those who use there site sponsorship to make their money.

m.h.s.c.#527
05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by dober250R
i'm just kind of curious here, but it only lists 4 site sponsors under the "site sponsors" section...... Who would be considered a REPUTABLE motor builder that is a site sponsor???? Is there a list somewhere of EVERY site sponsor that I can read?

take pro armor if they could just come in the threads and advertise since their wasnt a comparable sight sponsor why would they pay for advertising