PDA

View Full Version : 2007 ATVA MX Nationals #7: Ballance Moto X - Discussion and Cheer

Ralph
05-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Ill post moto 1's results as soon as i get em straightened out.

Ralph
05-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Ill see if i can fill any blanks in for you as soon as i can.

Moto 1-

1. Joe Byrd
2. Jeremy Lawson
3. Pat Brown
4. Cale Downen
5. ?John Ragon?

Ralph
05-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Pro Riders in Attendance:

- #86 JUSTIN BUSH - SUZ BAXTER, TN
- #36 MICHAEL JAMES BROWN - HON BULLVILLE, NY
- #11 SHANE COCHRAN - YAM SAINT CHARLES, IL
- #542 ALEX TROMPEN - SUZ GRAND RAPIDS, MI
- #199 PATRICK BROWN - YAM PITTSTOWN, NJ
- #66 GREG MEEKS - HON DOYLE, TN
- #98 JOHN RAGON - SUZ MILAN, TN
- #202 CHRISTOPHER TAIT - YAM LUMBERTON, NJ
- #43 BROCK LYONS - HON BROWNSBURG, IN
- #16 JEREMY LAWSON - HON BATTLETOWN, KY
- #727 CALE DOWNEN - HON JUNCTION, IL
- #7 JOE BYRD - HON UNION CITY, TN
- #99 JUSTIN BRES - YAM OAKDALE, PA

OutlawBill
05-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Looks like the ATVA MX Races looks like jokes with just 3 or 4 Pros and a bunch of local pros and they still could not get a full field.

Look like ATVA and WPSA have split the rider like CART and IRL. We will have a Suzuki chump and a Honda chump but not a true National champ. With this split
we will never know who the best racer is.

hard1
05-27-2007, 01:45 PM
red bud was the same way I can't believe they couldn't get both schedules figured out so we the people could watch some good'ol racin

hard1
05-27-2007, 01:46 PM
red bud was the same way I can't believe they couldn't get both schedules figured out so we the people could watch some good'ol racin

OutlawBill
05-27-2007, 02:03 PM
No WPSA race this weekend SUZ and KAW have dump the AVTA and looks like they will only race WPSA events.

Ralph
05-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
No WPSA race this weekend SUZ and KAW have dump the AVTA and looks like they will only race WPSA events.

It looks like it.

Doug Gust was in attendance this weekend but did not race. They probably do not want to risk getting injured.

ky300ex
05-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
Looks like the ATVA MX Races looks like jokes with just 3 or 4 Pros and a bunch of local pros and they still could not get a full field.

Look like ATVA and WPSA have split the rider like CART and IRL. We will have a Suzuki chump and a Honda chump but not a true National champ. With this split
we will never know who the best racer is.

I totally agree!I've always enjoyed watching and keeping up with the mx series and this year has been painful to say the least.I hate seeing these factory riders split up between the two series...Suzuki and Kawasaki in WPSA only,Honda with Joe Byrd in the ATVA and John Natalie in WPSA.I liked the old way much better....ALL of the best mx quad racers in the world lined up at the starting gate,giving us a true national champion.

GE4x4
05-27-2007, 03:20 PM
It's got to be the $$$ and exposure. Look at the WSPA holeshot checks and podium $$$. Then you will be shown on ESPN2. Who doesn't want to see themselves on TV and get a chance on a nice pay day. So unless the ATVA GNC does something to counter act the WSPA, next year will be worse.

ky300ex
05-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Yep,the WPSA is the series to be in right now.The $$$ and ESPN coverage is huge for quad racing and i wouldn't blame anyone for going for it.The bad thing is,if the ATVA does step it up next year and more top level pros come back to the ATVA,it could be even more split up next year then it is this year.