PDA

View Full Version : battery drained

mod440ex
05-27-2007, 08:00 AM
the other day i went out to start mine up. i turned on the keey fuel pump pumped hit the start button and it just clicked under the hood. took off the battery cover and charged for a while and it started up. i know i didnt leave anything on, has anybody else had this happen and did you find out what caused it

topdollr
05-27-2007, 01:28 PM
same here I just went out to move my quad and the battery is dead.

I thought it was the fuse but that was OK.

When I hook up the jumpers it starts but as soon as I disconnect them it dies. I hooked up the charger and the FAULT light comes on (the manual says the battery either can not be charged or is bad).

Guess I will have to call the dealership on Tuesday.

mod440ex
05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
i put a trickle charger on mine for about 30-45 min and it stayed charged up for the entire day. i dont know why it says you cant charge it, i mean they have to charge them at the dealer. i know that you arent supposed to put like acar charger on it.

topdollr
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I have a trickle charger for motorcycles. I might just buy a new one so I can ride

yamadjs08
05-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by topdollr
same here I just went out to move my quad and the battery is dead.

I thought it was the fuse but that was OK.

When I hook up the jumpers it starts but as soon as I disconnect them it dies. I hooked up the charger and the FAULT light comes on (the manual says the battery either can not be charged or is bad).

Guess I will have to call the dealership on Tuesday.
Let it charge for a while, it probably dies because the battery is too dead to run the ECU... It's like that on Cannondales anyways...

mod440ex
05-28-2007, 03:43 AM
i let mine charge for like 45 min and it was fine. is that something that happens periodically or just once

kfxrules
07-31-2007, 10:02 AM
i have had a bad problem with batteries has anyone had the dealership replace one?

topdollr
07-31-2007, 12:49 PM
I have read on another forum that when you turn off the key it may still be drawing current; but if you turn the key on and then off again it will completly kill the draw. I am now turning the key off twice when I am done and have not had a problem since.

DMS
08-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I left my key on for a week and killed my battery. I hooked it to a battery tender and it wouldn't charge. I hooked it to a smart battery charger and it would not charge. Error code said bad battery. I jumped the battery with a car battery then hooked it to my charger. It charged for like 1 minute then the charger shut off again. I wound up getting a new one from the dealer for 80 bucks.

You would think a dead battery would be able to be charged again. WTF?

mod440ex
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by DMS
I left my key on for a week and killed my battery. I hooked it to a battery tender and it wouldn't charge. I hooked it to a smart battery charger and it would not charge. Error code said bad battery. I jumped the battery with a car battery then hooked it to my charger. It charged for like 1 minute then the charger shut off again. I wound up getting a new one from the dealer for 80 bucks.

You would think a dead battery would be able to be charged again. WTF?

my dad works on small enginges and i had a dead battery on my lawn mower. i told him i thought i had a bad battery tender, but he said there has to be some juice still left in the battery for it to kick on the tender. so try hooking your bad battery up to a normal charger for like 5-10 min and then see if it will take charge off the tender.

topdollr
08-05-2007, 11:39 AM
left my key on the other day and battery was dead. I hooked it up to the battery tender and it took 48hrs to charge.