Byte
05-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I guess Rampage was right in saying... "I'm gonna whip Chucks *****!"

TWISTED
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
What round??

CBRSLIDER
05-26-2007, 10:51 PM
first round about 2 minutes into the fight.

TWISTED
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
DAMN!!! I figured it would have gone longer than that........

gncc025
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by CBRSLIDER
first round about 2 minutes into the fight.

wow i knew it was going to be close but that sounds like another a** whooping to me.

05-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I was at my friends house watching it and everyone just exploded when Rampage won. Everyone was all for Chuck, but I knew rampage was gonna take it.:D :D I wish it was a little longer though.

sakirocket28
05-26-2007, 11:02 PM
It looked like chuck walked into that fight way too over confident. Although he did land a few punches towards the end, he still left himself wide open.

TWISTED
05-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Was it a tko???

HB416EX
05-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Was it a tko???

Yes.Chuck threw a body shot Rampage threw a right hook,it dropped Chuck.Rampage followed with 4 rights and an elbow Big John stopped it.

I CALLED THIS FIGHT SINCE DAY 1.

05-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by sakirocket28
It looked like chuck walked into that fight way too over confident. Although he did land a few punches towards the end, he still left himself wide open.

Waaaaaaaay too confident. UFC was hyping it up so much, and everyone before the fight said chuck. Then bam, hes out.

250RXCrider
05-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Everyone has to listen to Randy Coture he has called the last two big fights. Rampage winning and the guy who KO'd Mirko Cro Cop. How about Keith Jardine getting KO'd:eek:

mephyst
05-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Chuck didn't stand a chance... lol. The Iceman's championship ain't comin back as long as Rampage has it.

One of my best friends trained with Rampage on Team Punishment. They are still good friends but Rampage moved gyms so we don't see him as often anymore. He's a pretty cool guy and I've always been a big fan.

honduh440
05-27-2007, 02:24 PM
what was the guy saying when he was callin out the boxers and who did he direct it to? i think it was dean thomas but i was up gettin a drink and halfway seen it

ky300ex
05-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
what was the guy saying when he was callin out the boxers and who did he direct it to? i think it was dean thomas but i was up gettin a drink and halfway seen it

You're right it was Din Thomas that called the boxers out and i don't think he said any particular name.I did hear Floyd Mayweather's name in a interview with Chuck Liddell on ESPN yesterday before the fight.The ESPN analyst asked Liddel something about the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight and then asked Liddell how he thought Mayweather would do in a UFC fight.......Liddell replied he wouldn't last 1 round.I don't know if Mayweather had said something about the UFC or if it was just ESPN using Mayweather's name .

cdrookie
05-27-2007, 06:14 PM
it was the announcers in the mayweather/de la hoya fight talking about how superior boxers and boxing is to mma after the fight was over. kind of ironic since the mayweather fight was a joke.

honduh440
05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
that is how i understood it too

its hard to really match them up even tho its both fighting the difference in ufc and boxing is like football and baseball... if they were to straight box the ufc guys would lose and vice versa if they fought mma

HB416EX
05-28-2007, 10:44 AM
that is how i understood it too

its hard to really match them up even tho its both fighting the difference in ufc and boxing is like football and baseball... if they were to straight box the ufc guys would lose and vice versa if they fought mma

i LIKE HOW jOES rOGAN PUT IT.bOXING IS ONLY ONE ELEMENT OF FIGHTING WHILE mma IS IS ACTUAL FIGHTING.iT'S REDICULIOS TO FIGHT AND SAY LETS JUST USE OUR HANDS.

Edit:Sorry about the caps I dont want to retype.

pats2007450er
05-28-2007, 01:13 PM
either way chuck lost he is still a bad mother fcker in my book and i wouldn't let him hit me i'd run like a mother fcker.btw did you know rampage's son is albino i seen them on tv.first albino iv ever seen.

Mxjunkie
05-28-2007, 04:02 PM
eh, chuck's still a badarse mofo :p

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pict/200404/02/040402_kak_ufc_tito2_b.jpg

honduh440
05-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
i LIKE HOW jOES rOGAN PUT IT.bOXING IS ONLY ONE ELEMENT OF FIGHTING WHILE mma IS IS ACTUAL FIGHTING.iT'S REDICULIOS TO FIGHT AND SAY LETS JUST USE OUR HANDS.

Edit:Sorry about the caps I dont want to retype.

thats right but most of the big fights are people jus boxing now rampage and liddell didnt do anything but box and even if it went longer they would of still kept boxing... imagine if that was lennox lewis vs either one of them

HB416EX
05-28-2007, 07:17 PM
thats right but most of the big fights are people jus boxing now rampage and liddell didnt do anything but box and even if it went longer they would of still kept boxing... imagine if that was lennox lewis vs either one of them

Lennox would have been taken down in 2 seconds by Chuck or Quinton and pounded out.Lennox probably has no idea what a sprawl is.It is also alot easier to box when there is no fear of being kicked,submitted or taken down.

05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Finally found a video

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2032082408

honduh440
05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Lennox would have been taken down in 2 seconds by Chuck or Quinton and pounded out.Lennox probably has no idea what a sprawl is.It is also alot easier to box when there is no fear of being kicked,submitted or taken down.

i agree the mma fighters would take them down and ground and pound em till the submit IF they are fighting MMA.... with months of preperation for a fight the boxers would be somewhat of mma fighters and would actualy put up a good fight. on the other hand the mma fighters could train for the rest of their life and not step foot to a pro boxer in a square ring

also if u look into it more their is a ton of people that were amateur boxers that didnt make it or juh jit su "sp" fighters that decided they wanted to do mma and within a year of training they wre pretty high ranked in UFC

ky300ex
05-29-2007, 07:56 AM

also if u look into it more their is a ton of people that were amateur boxers that didnt make it or juh jit su "sp" fighters that decided they wanted to do mma and within a year of training they wre pretty high ranked in UFC [/B]

That's what i was thinking.There are a few fighters in the UFC with a boxing background.I believe even Dana White himself was a boxer in the past.

I like both professions,boxing and the UFC and couldn't really choose one over the other.As for who would win between the two of them.....the UFC fighter would take a boxer in the octagon and the boxer would take a UFC fighter in a boxing match.

ATV Chic
05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
About the Mayweather thing.... Dana offered him a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money, said to be close to the 10 mill he got for the de la hoja fight, to come to the UFC and fight. He wouldn't make it in my opinion. Doesn't have the grappling and jujistsu skills needed. JMO ;)

HB416EX
05-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
He wouldn't make it in my opinion. Doesn't have the grappling and juijitsu skills needed. JMO ;)

A girl made the most valid point of this topic.

An MMA fighter has a good chance in a boxing match because they train boxing and ANYONE can be KO'd.I actually think a MMA fighters unorthodox style would give a boxer problems in a boxing ring.In a MMA fight a boxers boxing skills would be nullified with a takedown or a kick.Do you think Mayweather could defend an armbar or omoplata?

ky300ex
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't think anyone here has said that any boxer can or would defend an arm bar,triangle choke , mu-tai(sp?)clinch or any other mma tactics.There is no way a boxer without some type of mma training would make it very long in the octagon.It would probably be over in 30 seconds or less.

HB416EX..you're right,a mma fighter would stand a better chance in the boxing ring than a boxer would in the octagon,but i still think the boxer would come out on top in the boxing ring.

Robin Hood
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I was rootin for Chuck since day 1, but I knew his streak had to end sometime. He's my best friend's cousin and he stops up every Christmas. I hope he takes it back.

pats2007450er
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
rampage stood in the middle of the octagon like a little bltch and threw some lame as punches.he got lucky and got chuck of ballance.if you ask me that was not an official k.o. chuck was getting up and john wouldn't let him.i have one thing to say(chuck is going to come back and give them all an a** woopin.)rampage is not a champ in my book.pure luck

honduh440
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
what are u talkin about rampage was standing in the ring beggin chuck to come in on him and i woudl agree that it wasnt a killer punch but chuck was wide open and got cought and he was halfway out when he hit the ground and the next punch had his head splat on the ground but that is ufc luck happens all the time

where did you get the info that dana offered mayweather any money please link or explain

pats2007450er
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
what are u talkin about rampage was standing in the ring beggin chuck to come in on him and i woudl agree that it wasnt a killer punch but chuck was wide open and got cought and he was halfway out when he hit the ground and the next punch had his head splat on the ground but that is ufc luck happens all the time

where did you get the info that dana offered mayweather any money please link or explain
i take it you didn't watch this.he almost mist chuck witch chuck was already off ballane but that cool we will watch chuck come back and beat the hell out of rampage and take his belt back by the way pay more attention i never said anything about dana white offering any money to maywhether.sexyatvchic said that

RonJ
05-29-2007, 11:26 PM
If you ordered the fight, and watched the live replays, you would have seen Chuck's arms both fall limp straight to the ground when Rampage was pounding his face. How could you say he was trying to get back up? Watch the post, he got knocked out COLD. If the ref didn't stop the fight, he'd probably be dead.

05-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Rampage won fair and square. Chuck looked a little nervous to me the hole time. And when he was on the ground he wasn't blocking or anything, and it looked like he was out for a second but was coming back. Either way Rampage won. I hope they fight again. So Rampage can "whoop that ***" again.

pats2007450er
05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Rampage won fair and square. Chuck looked a little nervous to me the hole time. And when he was on the ground he wasn't blocking or anything, and it looked like he was out for a second but was coming back. Either way Rampage won. I hope they fight again. So Rampage can "whoop that ***" again. you know as much as any one else that was pure luck.i hope chuck comes back and beats the hell out of rampage.either way theres no one on this web site that would step in the octagon with them.

RonJ
05-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Lol, I'm sure 99.9% of this board agrees with you that no one would step into the octagon with them. But when are you going to agree, that Rampage will continue to win against Liddell? That's the 2nd time, and both times he's got short end of the stick.

On the other hand, take a look at Rampage's stride for the fame and glory? He's just got a taste of what he can accomplish financially. You don't think he's going to train 200% more then Liddell so he stays on the top and gets rich? He was very blatant at the end of the fight when he said he's in it for the money. It's something he hasn't had much of, and now that it's in his grasp, he's not letting it go.

mephyst
05-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
you know as much as any one else that was pure luck.i hope chuck comes back and beats the hell out of rampage.either way theres no one on this web site that would step in the octagon with them.

Keep dreaming buddy.

You think Chuck was about to get up?!?!?! LOLOLOLOL. Not even close. Chuck was out of it... after the fight was over it was very clear when Chuck went to take a seat in his corner he asked his trainer "What happened?" You could read it right off his lips. He made a very big mistake. Chuck went into that fight ready to counter-punch Rampage, but Rampage wasn't throwing any punches so he threw Chuck off.

It is highly unlikely that Chuck will ever beat Rampage. Yes, Chuck is a dominant fighter, but he's getting old and worn out my friend... Rampage is clearly in better shape and he is by far a better boxer.

So do you really think chuck was "trying to get up" after the punch to the ground, (which made him dazed) the two right crosses to his face, and then the elbow to finish him off? Rampage wasn't going to stop either..... It was clear that Chuck was done.

pats2007450er
05-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
Keep dreaming buddy.

You think Chuck was about to get up?!?!?! LOLOLOLOL. Not even close. Chuck was out of it... after the fight was over it was very clear when Chuck went to take a seat in his corner he asked his trainer "What happened?" You could read it right off his lips. He made a very big mistake. Chuck went into that fight ready to counter-punch Rampage, but Rampage wasn't throwing any punches so he threw Chuck off.

It is highly unlikely that Chuck will ever beat Rampage. Yes, Chuck is a dominant fighter, but he's getting old and worn out my friend... Rampage is clearly in better shape and he is by far a better boxer.

So do you really think chuck was "trying to get up" after the punch to the ground, (which made him dazed) the two right crosses to his face, and then the elbow to finish him off? Rampage wasn't going to stop either..... It was clear that Chuck was done. i watched the video on the first page so why wont you go to the video and you will see the same damn video i saw and watch how lucky rampage is to get chuck of ballance.chuck came out with way more heat than rampage ever thought about but at the end chuck lost ballance when rampage went to punch chuck and in that vidio chuck dont stay down for two seconds.if you have watched all chucks other fights john dont stop them that quick,chuck ends up almost killing the guys.im just a fan of chucks who cares will see who comes back blazin.ok the only hits rampage landed was the ones when chuck was down.:rolleyes:

mephyst
05-30-2007, 01:12 AM
1... Rampage caused Chuck to get a little off balance... so how is that luck?
2... Are you blind? Look at Chucks arms just completely fold wide open and out like he's dead.

If you have it tivo'd watch it in slow motion. You will see it all, my friend.

A lot of times in fighting someone will get knocked out and then when they get hit again they actually wake up... and thats what probably happened to Chuck.

I am a huge Rampage fan, considering I used to train with him everyday in the same gym and my best friend was on his actual team. He went into that fight pretty confident, trust me.

pats2007450er
05-30-2007, 01:22 AM
if you read it right i said that i saw it on the video on the first page.ok i see where chucks hands droped but rampage did nothing untill chuck was down.your just a die hard fan of rampage and i am a fan of chucks.who's your buddy that was on ultimat fighter.tell me though who come out blazin.chuck did look a little nervis.

HB416EX
05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Whoever said it was a "lucky" punch is ignorant.There is no such thing as a lucky punch.Quinton meant to throw a punch,it connected end of story.Chuck was done but I wish Big John would have let Quinton hit him a few more times so there would be no excuses.Quinton has Chucks number and Wanderlei has Quntons number.

JIMTED79
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I am a huge iceman fan And was going for him from day one. With that being said chuck made a huge mistake taking a body shot without setting up a combo first to put rampage on defence. Ramepage simply did what he does best and countered chucks mistake and won the fight. But watching rampage lose to "shogun and "silva" he sucks in the clinch and get's beat down I hope chuck steps it up better next time.

HB416EX
05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
3 guys from So Cal.Its feel wierd that MMA is getting mainstream.Growing up in HB the fights have been popular for years.My friends brother in law(Jeff Sherwood)owns www.sherdog.com so we always got the PRIDE fights in Japanese and all the non UFC organizations.I guess it's good for the sport that it is mainstream now but I liked it more when it wasn't.

pats2007450er
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
man i just found the video of mauricio shogun vs quinton jackson.mauricio whooped that a**.:D

ky300ex
05-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I've been a Chuck Liddell fan for a while now and i must say he flat out got his a** handed to him.Watching the fight live, i couldn't tell if Chuck went out or not,but after watching the replays.....he was out and then got woke up by another shot.Mcarthy did the right thing by stopping it when he did.

honduh440
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
pats ur an idiot do a search on the physics of a knock out... the punch that set him down could not be in a better position and at the same time liddels arms were paralel with his waist i could of knocked him down he was so open also i wasnt sayin u said the info about dana thats why their was 5 lines between paragraphs

pats2007450er
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
pats ur an idiot do a search on the physics of a knock out... the punch that set him down could not be in a better position and at the same time liddels arms were paralel with his waist i could of knocked him down he was so open also i wasnt sayin u said the info about dana thats why their was 5 lines between paragraphs if you read i said i seen where his arms droped.idid not see that the first time idiot:devil:

pats2007450er
05-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Sorry if i offinded anyone witch i know i did.I was just mad that chuck lost.It was his time and like they say(your going to give a** whoopins and your going to take some)so i hope no one is pissed off at me.Sorry guys

reptikes
05-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Does anybody on this site honestly believe that Matt Serra is better than G.S.P.? Serra won there match up very quick. If St.Pierre and Serra fight 10 times that might be the only time Serra will ever win. Now with chuck and Rampage, Chuck lost! I have it on DVR and he was not getting back up. If you look at his eyes when Big John covered him up, they were all googly eyed he was clearly out of it. At the same time i think Chuck is a better fighter, and he WILL have the belt back next title shot he gets.

Also if you watched the fight Rampage was scared to engage Chuck. He was countering the whole time. He had taunted Chuck to engage because he didn't fell safe taking the fight to Chuck.

And someone made the comment Silva has Rampages number, NEVER! Silva was beat by Tito if that says anything. And Rampage had a very bad training camp. His trainers now a day, know what their doing.

HB416EX
05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
Does anybody on this site honestly believe that Matt Serra is better than G.S.P.? Serra won there match up very quick. If St.Pierre and Serra fight 10 times that might be the only time Serra will ever win. Now with chuck and Rampage, Chuck lost! I have it on DVR and he was not getting back up. If you look at his eyes when Big John covered him up, they were all googly eyed he was clearly out of it. At the same time i think Chuck is a better fighter, and he WILL have the belt back next title shot he gets.

Also if you watched the fight Rampage was scared to engage Chuck. He was countering the whole time. He had taunted Chuck to engage because he didn't fell safe taking the fight to Chuck.

And someone made the comment Silva has Rampages number, NEVER! Silva was beat by Tito if that says anything. And Rampage had a very bad training camp. His trainers now a day, know what their doing.

Serra won plain and simple.He could win all 10 times or GSP could win 10 times,thats how it goes.

Rampage didn't engage because Chuck is a counterstriker.You saw what happened when Chuck engaged,he got KO'd

Chute Boxe has Rampages number.He needs to learn how to defend the Muay Thai clinch.

When Silva fought Tito all Tito did was lay on him.Going by your theory since Tito beat Silva and Silva beat Rampage Tito should be champion:rolleyes:

reptikes
05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Rampage is not by no means somebody that sits and waits for his prey. He's a hunter just like Chuck. Next show down will tell all! You also got to put in perspective that i'm ICE MAN fan. A Silva/Jackson fight today would be nothing like it was before.

And NO Tito should not be the Champ!

HB416EX
05-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Rampage is not by no means somebody that sits and waits for his prey. He's a hunter just like Chuck. Next show down will tell all! You also got to put in perspective that i'm ICE MAN fan. A Silva/Jackson fight today would be nothing like it was before.

And NO Tito should not be the Champ!

I didn't say Rampage waits.Chuck's a counter puncher,you should know that since you are such a huge fan of his.

I disagree that Silva/Jackson would be any different.I think Wanderlei is just a bad matchup for Quinton.The Muay Thai clinch always gets him.

Thank God Tito will never be champion again.He is second biling on the next card,I am glad because he was so cocky but always dodged Chuck then we saw why he dodged him.

reptikes
05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't understand the whole (Muay Thai Clinch) thing! I don't see me being stuck to the piont where i can't upper cut or trip you up to get to the ground. Let alone these guys train their @ss off to aviod being stuck in a position like that. Look at the Franklin/Silva fight, there were plenty of chances for Franklin to trip Silva up or to throw some uppercuts but he didn't.!?
I don't see the same mistake happening again when they fight. And if Liddell doesn't/can't beat Jackson, then i don't see that belt going anywhere anytime soon.

HB416EX
05-31-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't understand the whole (Muay Thai Clinch) thing! I don't see me being stuck to the piont where i can't upper cut or trip you up to get to the ground. Let alone these guys train their @ss off to aviod being stuck in a position like that. Look at the Franklin/Silva fight, there were plenty of chances for Franklin to trip Silva up or to throw some uppercuts but he didn't.!?
I don't see the same mistake happening again when they fight. And if Liddell doesn't/can't beat Jackson, then i don't see that belt going anywhere anytime soon.

Let someone get you in a Muay Thai clinch and see how much you can do.If you have head control you control thier whole body.If Franklin and Rampage could have got out they would have.I watched a show where they tested the force of punches,kicks........etc and a knee from the Muay Thai clich had the most force.It was equal to being hit by a car at 35 MPH.

wantablaster
05-31-2007, 08:01 PM

Rampage has Liddell's number i dont see liddell beating him look at the beating Page put on Chuck the first time they fought in pride and then he made quick work of him the other night, but I dont see Rampage holding the belt to long, he is most likely fighting Dan Henderson next the pride 205lb and 185lb champ who I see beating Page but if he gets past Hendo then I see him fighting Shogun or Silva who both have Quintons number and beat the crap out of him already so I see him losing the belt when these fights happen even thoiugh I really like Rampage but these guys are all huge threats to him and I dont see him getting past them possibly Hendo not likely but I think theres no way he is beating Silva or Shogun.

reptikes
05-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Maybe we forgot that Babalu beat Shogun! And Liddell walked threw Babalu like a walk in the park. Just food for thought.

JIMTED79
06-01-2007, 10:45 AM
CHUCK WILL BE BACK AND THATS IT!!!! hahaha

wantablaster
06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe we forgot that Babalu beat Shogun! And Liddell walked threw Babalu like a walk in the park. Just food for thought.

Thats true but Babalu also lost to Kevin Randleman who was beat by Shogun already and Henderson beat him to doing MMAth doesnt really work.

reptikes
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Couldn't agree more!