PDA

View Full Version : need some help. throtel hanging

brokeazz250r
05-26-2007, 08:11 PM
hey guys, well i went riding this weekend and i noticed a few times when i would let off the gass the bike would still be going as if i was pushing the throtel the ti would stop, i didnt think anything of this untill i parked and went to start it up it was fine and my hands hwere off the bar's and it just was stuck wtfo!!! and i riped the killswithc out and it didnt work so i stomped it in gear. after this i starte dit again and i have it about half throtel and it stayed that way long after i let off the gass. do you guy's know what this could be? i herd maby the float int he carb. also i have no experiance with carborators but i hate to send the 250r all the way to the shop for somthign fairly simpel, if you guy's could give me some pointers on how i go about checking this float and when i do get to the float how do i fix it. any help would be appciated, thanks

deathman53
05-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I had that happen, it was the throttle cable being worn down and hanging up on the metal jacket. Your other issue could be the slide has groves in it, that causing it to hang up inside of the carb. Replace your cable first and clean the slide of the carb, your problem should disapper. If it doesn't, you have an air leak that causing it keep running, but that usually stopped with a firm use of the brake pedal and putting it in gear.

koh0001
05-27-2007, 07:59 AM
try to keep your cables lubed up. I use chain wax and they seem to last longer.

GPracer2500
05-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Is the throttle cable or carb slide actually sticking open or is it reving up even though the slide is fully closed?

If the former then it should just be a matter of removing the cable and carb and figuring out where it's hanging up. If the latter then you've probably got a bad air leak.

kiesta00
06-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Check to see if your needle is straight, one of my friends banshees would stay stuck at about half throttle due to his needle being bent at the end.

Scott-300ex
06-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Its NOT the float at all, its either your cable is sticking, use lube, or your slide is sticking, wut your cable connects to, it holds the needle, use WD-40 and it worked for me on my grandpas moped, and hasn't stuck since which has been like 10 years ago.