PDA

View Full Version : questions on outlaw

05-26-2007, 03:01 PM
i was wonderin how do u tell if the outlaw 525 has new components or old because the places around here dont have any in stock and the place that does has no idea about it and its the only one i can go and get. or should i wait for the july 08 or wut eva outlaw is comin out than and get that what are some recomendations or anything to say to that. thanks i hope to get some comments back

06300ex
05-26-2007, 03:48 PM
i was told to check the born on date...anything after jan 31 07 should be good as far as rear end components go

Eddie11gt
05-26-2007, 05:07 PM
The born date is located on the front part of the frame, your looking for a sticker with the actual born date. Hope this helps

05-26-2007, 05:20 PM
alright thanks the dealer was an idiot. and is there n e other way if i cant find that

Evasiveone
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Like the others said the born on date is right on the sticker on the front left side. If for some reason that is not there the easiest way to tell is when you take off the back tire the old style will have a grease zerk on top of the bearing carrier and the new style will not.

05-26-2007, 08:57 PM
alright thanks for the info also if any one else reads this what is the deal for like the 08 outlaw 525 or wuts coming out in july hope to hear somethin

LT250_JOE
05-28-2007, 06:34 PM
NOTHING IS PERFECT, WHY BUY THE 07 WHEN THE 08 MAY BE BETTER. OR WAIT FOR THE 09, I'M SURE THAT WILL BE EVEN BETTER.

OR

JUST LIKE I DID BUY ONE THATS IN STOCK AND RIDE THE HELL OUT OF IT. I HAVE A 12/06 AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE REAR A ARM BUSHINGS, NOR WITH THE RIMS OR HUB BEARINGS. SURE I HAVE HAD SOME SMALL PROBLEMS, BUT ITS A MASS PRODUCED PRODUCT THAT WILL HAVE GLITCHES.

MAYBE THE ONES THAT BREAK WERE MADE ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND MINE WAS MADE ON TUESDAY WHEN SOMEONE ACTUALLY WANTED TO WORK, I DONT KNOW. ALL I'M SAYING IS TOMORROW YOU COULD BE HIT BY A TRUCK AND NEVER GET THE PLEASURE OF RIDING THE BADDEST QUAD EVER MADE
:devil