PDA

View Full Version : how often do you rebuild?

Crazy lil punk
05-26-2007, 01:38 PM
anyone?

honda450rider33
05-26-2007, 05:39 PM
depends on how hard you ride, how much you ride it is hard to say when to rebuild it i have a 04 blaster that i ride pretty hard and alot and i rebuilt it once and have to rebuild it again because i just blew a base gasket today so that is what 2 twice in 4 years almost(i bought it in august of 03') i know people who rebuild more than that, one thing you can watch out for is on a 2-stroke right before they go boom they run perfect so one day if you ride it and it runs/performs awsome better than normal you may want to check out and make sure everything is ok(that sucks that they are like that)

culichi
05-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by honda450rider33
depends on how hard you ride, how much you ride it is hard to say when to rebuild it i have a 04 blaster that i ride pretty hard and alot and i rebuilt it once and have to rebuild it again because i just blew a base gasket today so that is what 2 twice in 4 years almost(i bought it in august of 03') i know people who rebuild more than that, one thing you can watch out for is on a 2-stroke right before they go boom they run perfect so one day if you ride it and it runs/performs awsome better than normal you may want to check out and make sure everything is ok(that sucks that they are like that)

that happened to me today too i went to my local track and was doing allright but when i got off a double it satrted to like shut down and the kickstart was a little hard so i stopped and sended it to the mechanic

honda450rider33
05-27-2007, 08:33 AM
good thing you stopped if you did not bad things could have happend, 2-strokes are funny birds that sucks that they run excellent right before they go boom

Kendall33
05-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I know it's kind of extreme to most people...but we rebuilt mine every race, new piston,rings,gaskets,re-plated the cylinder,new reeds, and a new clutch....but that's what helped win a national championship but yeah it was a lot:blah: it's still for sale by the way;)

honda450rider33
05-28-2007, 09:13 AM
every race wow you must know that motor like the back of your hand