PDA

View Full Version : 2 DS450 Models XC, & MX????

Slip_Venom
05-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I seriously hope they have developed a MX version of this quad. My prediction is that (as rumor has it) that Can-Am will have not one but two quads for release. The XC model is the one they have been releasing all the info on. I assume the difference will be that the XC model will have electric start and reverse. The MX model will still have all the same engineering, with forged aluminum A-arms just +1 +2. The swinger will be nearly an inch longer, and as with the 46 inch wide XC hollow axle the MX axle will be a hollow design just 4 inches wider than the XC version. The MX version will not have reverse and will be kick start only with the option of buying a electric start kit. I hope the rumor is true so that you won't have to add all that weight with chromoly A-arms and a solid chromoly axle to make it race ready for MX.

If you whatch the video on this site about the a-arms they look way to long to be a XC style A-Arm. I am hoping that they thought no one would catch on to this being that the only thing shown in the video was the frame and on side of the A-arms/spindle assembly. If you look closely the video shows a bottom veiw that does not look like the same design as the A-arm on the can_amds450 internet site. It looks much longer.

I don't know others opinions about the new DS450, but so far they have exceeded all my expectations. If The have put half as much research and development into the engine as they have with the rest of the quad this will be the benchmark XC race quad on the market. If the rumor is true(2 models) they will have the benchmark MX quad on the market as well.

Please post thoughts and opinions!!!!!!!

Slip_Venom
05-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Besides, how is Jeremy Schell going to race the quad and promote it with aftermarket a-arms, swing arm, and axle?

TWILES
05-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Slip_Venom
Besides, how is Jeremy Schell going to race the quad and promote it with aftermarket a-arms, swing arm, and axle?

NOOOOOOOOOO SH?T

I was thinking the same thing. Why would they blow it up on an MX track if that wasn't what it was made for?

Groves187
05-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah i really hope they have two versions, and i was thinking the same thing about the looks of the a-arms, they looked prety long for XC. and it its not wide enough adding the aftermarket parts would just take away what they worked so hard on getting to...

GE4x4
05-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Can-Am has another release at the end of Aug. So I bet it will be the MX version of the 450.

OutlawBill
05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
on the Aug. release I say 500 Renegada

GE4x4
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
on the Aug. release I say 500 Renegada

Mayby, but I heard that will be anounced the same time as there 08 lineup on June 2.

DEVINF450R
05-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope, I have been wanting to see an mx version...it seemed retarted for them to not have one..... I will be on it if they do

DEVINF450R
05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I hope, I have been wanting to see an mx version...it seemed retarted for them to not have one..... I will be on it if they do