PDA

View Full Version : Installed HMF slipon

Pipeless416
05-26-2007, 12:03 PM
hey, so i finally ended up buying an HMF slip on in the brushed finish from Rootar (great seller by the way) off of this forum. i ended up with a 160K main, 42 pilot, and i moved the needle jet one notch down from stock. I can finally take advantage of the engine i have now and it rips. :p heres some pics.

Pipeless416
05-26-2007, 12:05 PM
pipe

Pipeless416
05-26-2007, 12:07 PM
i think i need a new user name now :D

Ruby Soho
05-26-2007, 12:18 PM
i thought you would need a full system to notice any improvements? is it decent?

miller821
05-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Looks great! I just bought the same exact pipe just a few days ago and gave my White Brothers pipe to my dad... What a great improvement, and you going from stock to that is probably unbelievable.

Seems you had the same problem I had with installation... I couldn't get the bottom bracket to bolt up, and had to leave the pipe half way on for the top one too; but for the gains it was definitely worth it!

1965 honda
05-26-2007, 04:40 PM
how much did you spend?

MO-EX-RIDER
05-26-2007, 07:28 PM
whats the tube in the airbox for?

miller821
05-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
whats the tube in the airbox for?

Looks like the overflow from his carb going into something.

400EXTRA
05-27-2007, 07:53 AM
sweet, it looks good

flauge
05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Dang man, why'd you run santa over? His hat's still jammed in your bumper:p LOL. Looks good btw... :cool:

Def-e-nition
05-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Then you should try going for the Full system ...

It was really steep doing this , but Ill tell you something , If you like the Slip on , get rid of the Skinny in front of your nice Zorst .
only downside i could see , was anoticeable difference In the back pressure , or a Loss of it more to the point . That thing has Little or No restriction wjhatsoever . I felt the need for some back pressure , so I re-installed the arrestor .. Not doing much , anyway , as long as I feel better about it ..

I,m running 165 main dyno , with a hotcam . I dont kno what it is about z's , either that , or I'm not building em right , but this damn Bike Only Just manages to pip Z's . Although we do not modify our machines to the full extent that you guys do, I figuered it would be more potent against a Z . Sadly , that darn bike is built as well as they say it is , and the Air-cooled Rex only Just manages to pip it down a straight . Half the time I find the nose lifting , which means there's good power , but she lifts on take off .

Anyways , Hmf is a Great pipe . I got the Ballanse tip , which Looks positively MEAN .

All this trouble , and then my buddy pullls up at the house with a New KFx ............Groan.

miller821
05-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Now just don't do like I did and on the first ride break your back rear shock mount; having your airbox crack and your pipe hitting the caliper:(

Def-e-nition
05-27-2007, 03:06 PM
mmm, sounds awfully Familiar . Looks like you said Broke your back , until read correctly .

Dislocated my shoulder on march 14th ,First ride out with it . Was EXACTLY 10 Minutes on the Bike . 3 weeks later decided to climb back on - tore the Ligaments in my right knee,twisted my ankle .

I bought an Interceptor to keep me company while I heal .
Al In all though - I've had two of the Hardest spills since I first started riding , both with Full system on . ..... Bloody hell .

So your rear shock mount broke . Damn ... That takes doing . And then the caliper said Good morning to the pipe ...Ouch .

coryatver
05-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I would get a head pipe. I got a slip on exhuast for my 416 but then I got a full hmf and it runs so much better with the full exhuast

miller821
05-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition
mmm, sounds awfully Familiar . Looks like you said Broke your back , until read correctly .

Dislocated my shoulder on march 14th ,First ride out with it . Was EXACTLY 10 Minutes on the Bike . 3 weeks later decided to climb back on - tore the Ligaments in my right knee,twisted my ankle .

I bought an Interceptor to keep me company while I heal .
Al In all though - I've had two of the Hardest spills since I first started riding , both with Full system on . ..... Bloody hell .

So your rear shock mount broke . Damn ... That takes doing . And then the caliper said Good morning to the pipe ...Ouch .

Ouch, seems like I got off easier than you did! I'll get a picture up tomorrow of the damage, I myself was so surprised when I saw what it was; but I had seen the bolt bent in their a long time before and thought nothing of it... Guess I was wrong.

Pipeless416
05-28-2007, 06:23 PM
hello all, sorry i havent been responding. i started this thread about an hour before my family and i went camping. thanks for all the compliments and as for going to a full system.. im seriously considering a powerbomb header because i need the sound output to come down a bit. the quiet core should be on its way soon, but i dont know how long it will be for the head pipe as im on a pretty limited income. thanks for the replies.

Pipeless416
05-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 1965 honda
how much did you spend?

thats for the seller and me to know ;)

Originally posted by flauge
Dang man, why'd you run santa over? His hat's still jammed in your bumper:p LOL. Looks good btw... :cool:

thats actually an elmo santa haha. a bunch of my friends found a huge pile of stuffed animals on one of the local trails about a year ago and we all picked one.

Originally posted by ride hard man
Looks like the overflow from his carb going into something.

correct, its so the gas doesnt spill out and eat away at the paint on my frame and engine. i can also reuse the gas because no dirt can get into the bottle now! :D

Originally posted by ride hard man
Looks great! I just bought the same exact pipe just a few days ago and gave my White Brothers pipe to my dad... What a great improvement, and you going from stock to that is probably unbelievable.

Seems you had the same problem I had with installation... I couldn't get the bottom bracket to bolt up, and had to leave the pipe half way on for the top one too; but for the gains it was definitely worth it!

definitely a huge improvement over stock lol. and i dunno whats up with the mounts either? it seems pretty solid with just the upper mount connected though so i dont really mind.