PDA

View Full Version : bolt on the back of my swingarm

Dustybear300ex
10-17-2002, 06:22 AM
hey .i have a bolt that goes into the back of my swingarm, directly back and looks like it will hit the carrier so it will not turn and loosen the chain. i have a problem at random times with my chain loosening. i noticed the bolt was gone,(i bought the quad with it gone, i think, and never noticed) so i ordered a knew one. then just for kicks i called my local shop to ask them if the bolt was rounded at the end so it would not dig into the carrier. they said "no no it is a water drain bolt, your swingarm is stretched." i didnt believe this, because the 300ex swingarm only has 2 pincher bolts vs many witch have 4. it doesn't seem like 2 pincher bolts could stop the carrier from turning. does anyone know what it is for?

Dustybear300ex
10-19-2002, 10:01 AM
please someone reply

redrider ex
10-19-2002, 10:16 AM
it is a drain plug and it also keeps you from ajusting the carrier to far.

kc 300EX
10-19-2002, 12:16 PM
The bolt does NOT keep your carrier from turning..........If you have ever seen your carrier out of the quad, it does has a small "stop" on it, when you adjust your chain, and you run out of adjustment because it stops turning, thats the Bolt hitting the stop.........if you try to remove your carrier, you also have to remove the bolt because it will hit the side when the carrier slides out