PDA

View Full Version : big gun rev box

culichi
05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
is the big gun rev box any good cause im planing to buy one, so will it be a good buy?:confused:

tedwilley
05-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Que Onda?
I am hoping it is! I just bought one on Ebay for $99
I plan to install it, jets filter and an HMF full system within the next 10-14 days. I'll let you know how it all works out.
I believe that it raises the rev limit slightly, and remaps the ignition timing somewhat.
I know from experience that 'chipping' my BMWs (without major mods, just intake and exhaust) made a definite difference. Of course that was with EFI, not a carburettor, but the principles are the same.

BTW we ride acouple of weeks a year in the San Felipe area across the Cortez from where you are. Do you have similar riding in Sinaloa? Desert, lots of sand?

ALEXANDERJASON
05-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I LIKE MY REV BOX. JUST CURIOUS, WHEN YOU GET YOUR REV BOX, POST A REPLY AND LET ME KNOW IF YOUR NEUTRAL LIGHT STAYS ON ALL THE TIME. MINE DOES. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY ILL EFFECTS, AND I CAN START IT IN ANY GEAR NOW.

tedwilley
05-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I am sure that the interlock with reverse is contained in the CDI 'brain', but I wouldn't think that this is correct operation. The in-neutral-to-start requirement has absolutely nothing to do with rev limit or ignition timing.
What brand rev box do you have?
Have you contacted the manufacturer to ask about this?
I will update this thread after I install mine. I'm changing filter, exhaust, and jets first. After I have those mods running well I will add the rev box. Too many changes at once can make it difficult to sort out if there are issues. AND manufacturers will always blame the other mods for any problems.

culichi
05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by tedwilley
Que Onda?
I am hoping it is! I just bought one on Ebay for $99
I plan to install it, jets filter and an HMF full system within the next 10-14 days. I'll let you know how it all works out.
I believe that it raises the rev limit slightly, and remaps the ignition timing somewhat.
I know from experience that 'chipping' my BMWs (without major mods, just intake and exhaust) made a definite difference. Of course that was with EFI, not a carburettor, but the principles are the same.

BTW we ride acouple of weeks a year in the San Felipe area across the Cortez from where you are. Do you have similar riding in Sinaloa? Desert, lots of sand?

yeah in sinaloa we have dunes, beaches, woods and some mx tracks its great and im building an mx track in culican...
and sometimes i ride in cabo!:devil: